Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Be Wise When Starting A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Be Wise When Starting A Business (669 Views)

5 Big Mistakes To Avoid When Starting A Business. / 10 Powerful Tips To Note When Starting A Photography Business / Challenges Entrepreneur Face When Starting A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Wise When Starting A Business by ebamma(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2012
i was looking around my street today,and i came to realise that in this small street of ours like 10 people are selling the same thing(sweets,cigarettes,toiletries,drinks,bread etc),are was kind of baffled how the all of them can make a good profit with so much competition.Sometimes this is one of the main reasons u will see someone doing business for 10 years or more without being rich.If u want to start a small business,the location should be considered,if u have more than one or two competitors in a particular location,search for a new location
Re: Be Wise When Starting A Business by ebamma(m): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2012
ebamma: i was looking around my street today,and i came to realise that in this small street of ours like 10 people are selling the same thing(sweets,cigarettes,toiletries,drinks,bread etc),i was kind of baffled how the all of them can make a good profit with so much competition.Sometimes this is one of the main reasons u will see someone doing business for 10 years or more without being rich.If u want to start a small business,the location should be considered,if u have more than one or two competitors in a particular location,search for a new location
Re: Be Wise When Starting A Business by brainchild78(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2012
success in any business is not always down to the location or competition but rather it is down to effective and strategic planning.
Re: Be Wise When Starting A Business by Richardid: 2:20am On Apr 23, 2012
Your choice of location is part of the strategic planning. LOCATION is a key factor to a successful business.
Re: Be Wise When Starting A Business by cordj2: 4:47am On Apr 23, 2012
Having competition in business helps. take a look at spare parts shops, they often concentrate in one location, its a strategy to bring/attract customers, one is always sure that whatever he/she is looking for, after going through a couple of shops he/she would find it. The selling point in this situation is good customer relationship, how u attend to your costomers

(1) (Reply)

Vitafoam Anniversary / Get Your Own Company Or Business Today Without Spending A Dimme / Advice On A Cosmetics Business Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.