Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

:( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( (808 Views)

Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / This Is Why Qatar Won The Bid - Video / C N N :: Third Nigerian Fails Commonwealth Games Drugs Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

:( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by lifestyle1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 09, 2007
sad It was anounced this afternoon that we lost the bid to host the 2014 commonwealth games. What a sad news. !!! sad
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by chuckdee4(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2007
very good
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by tkb417(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2007
too bad. . . at least no one will steal money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by lakeside4love(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2007
Someone plzz tell me the vote was like 99-1 in favor of Glasgow cos i saw nuttin on ground to show we were prepared to host the commonwealth,
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by richylaw(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2007
You only need to see my face and attitude today ( as I am the only Nigerian in my office, a scottish, glawegian  firm) while everyone held their breath to hear the announcement on the news. They were so eager and particular about it that an extra 15minutes was added earlier to the lunch break which normally starts at 1.00pm so that we could all view the bid result at 12.45pm. Glasgow got 47  out of 71 votes. You only need to read this [/http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5iyiwJiyixrZPSoh8JTzUhWMvBVRA]   and see our face of shame in terms of preparation. Poor Nigeria.
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by scientist(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2007
grin ;Glasgow 47, Nigeria 24  grin what a wide margin!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by scientist(m): 7:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
@ richlaw:
I'm sure every one in dat office must have laughed you to scorn  and ridicule grin grin Poor Nigeria, Poor Preparation, angry angry angry and ultimately POOR RESULTS   shocked  angry shocked  angry shockedwhat a shame; Good riddance to bad rubbish indeed  grin
Re: :( We Lost The Bid To Host The Commonwealth Games! :( by richylaw(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2007
scientist:

@ richlaw:
I'm sure every one in that office must have laughed you to scorn and ridicule grin grin Poor Nigeria, Poor Preparation, angry angry angry and ultimately POOR RESULTS shocked angry shocked angry shockedwhat a shame; Good riddance to bad rubbish indeed grin

it was indeed another show of shame , I just walked out of the Tv room.

(1) (Reply)

[size=8pt][b]super Eagles Have No Coach, Maybe A Technical Adviser Or Addresser[ / Lokomotiv Moscow Rejects Birmingham City Bid For Peter Odemwingie / Preview For Npl Week 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.