Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Attractions To Visit In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Attractions To Visit In Abuja (15964 Views)

Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Nigerian States,capital, Slogan And Attractions / Major Tourist Attractions In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jerri(f): 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am spending three weeks in Abuja and plan to have a good time during the day and early evening. Where are some of the attractive places to visit?
- I love to take pictures, thought of visiting Obudu ranch but will rather avoid the cost and spread my visit across board....
- And something that involves a couple.

Thanks for your time!
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jerri(f): 12:48am On Apr 28, 2012
Response please....not just views wink
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by chelseabmw(m): 2:06am On Apr 28, 2012
obudu ranch is in cross river state and not calabar smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by londoner: 10:26am On Apr 28, 2012
Hi Jerri, you may want to visit Gurara falls.

Millenium Park is nice for a couples' picnic.........

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/files.php?file=mine_959744149.jpg[/img]

You could travel to Wikki Warm Springs

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO_1ss3BRIbIDhf--oVRo_n8ZsxNp0n1asUwTfwN6s-qiKlXhI8A[/img]

Usuma Lake......the pics would be fab!

If you do decide to fly out of Abuja for a trip.....Mambilla Mountains in Taraba State is lovely..........

Or the Kari Wakko Dunes in Yobe State

2 Likes

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Rossikk(m): 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2012
Do Golf at the IBB Golf course

Clubbing: Numerous clubs around the city

[img]http://3.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S8yQsX7TJHI/AAAAAAAAdWQ/O9VI3FwPqYk/s1600/Jesse+Jagz+pours+out+Rose.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/_u3lFqBksmrE/S8yPhYUZHdI/AAAAAAAAdWI/YWv4opRf6hQ/s1600/Abuja+people+party+hard%21+%281%29.JPG[/img]

If you're lucky you might run into a carnival crowd..

Handicraft market

Or take a walk...

Or chill by the poolside

Horseriding/Ponyriding in the park

A concert perhaps??

Or an Art gallery..

A bit of amusement..

Visit a mall??

TAKE IN THE SIGHTS?

Have fun! grin

8 Likes

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jerri(f): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2012
Woooohoooo! You guys a simply the best!!!! Thanks a mill for the time taken to upload pics and directions. I promise to provide updates before the end of May 2012 smiley

Thanks once again! Love the pic on wikki warm springs but with the security situation ahome.....I will leave that till some other time.

04/2012 - Silverbird Cinema (y) - I went to see *Phone Swap* by Kunle Afolayan. Comment on movie? Hmmm, quite interesting, the dude at the ticket desk reminded me twice that it was a Nigerian movie and I smiled (anything to get me out of the house hehehehe). Also did a lil bit of window shopping and items were quite pricey.....

05/2012 - Visit to the wildlife park (actually National Children’s Park and Zoo Abuja) was 'okay', I enjoyed the scenery but those animals are 98% starved! Smh, what will it take to keep the few animals healthy? I saw one Zebra, one hungry looking Camel, several monkeys (not more than ten) with some looking so pathetic, a Python, hungry, hungry and hungry horses (about four of them) and three ostriches....there may be more but I only saw these animals. The lake is beautiful! There is also a playground for kids, a food stand with meat pie, donut, drinks, pop corn and peppered meat. Ticket for adults cost N200 each and I think N100 for kids. There is also a toilet there (didn’t go in).....

Ceddi Plaza is beautiful! We were fortunate to be entertained by a guitarist with an amazing voice smiley

3 Likes

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jerri(f): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2012
Thinking of Gurara falls too, heard a lot about the park!
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by achi4u(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2012
later try visit boko haram enclave up north and please try take pictures.
thanks

3 Likes

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by mynaija123(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2012
The fear of Boko Haram is the begining of wisdom, Pls avoid going far north
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by miteolu(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2012
It will be wonderful if everywhere in Nigeria could be like these.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by flourishG(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2012
achi4u: later try visit boko haram enclave up north and please try take pictures.
thanks

grin grin grin Dude, na wha for you o,lolz
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Kx: 2:49pm On May 03, 2012
Dont forget to obtain clearance from Boko Haram b4 u visit ABJ.

1 Like

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jack65: 2:50pm On May 03, 2012
These are really beautiful pictures of places I didn't even know exist in Abuja. Men I am really missing that town.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Muttex(m): 2:53pm On May 03, 2012
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.....SO NIGERIA IS BEAUTIFUL IN THE LAND OF BOKO HARAM.....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVENTURE
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Yinkay: 2:53pm On May 03, 2012
Go local,visit Zimbabwe along Keffi road outside Abuja.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by kaiter: 2:56pm On May 03, 2012
Great pics [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by sebanaco(m): 3:00pm On May 03, 2012
Pls make it 4weeks mtcheeeeeeeeeew
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Orikinla(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2012
But beware of Boko Haram.

Tourism cannot thrive where there is no security.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by BabaEleko(m): 3:11pm On May 03, 2012
Try visit madalla bomb blast site to pay ur respect to those who died there and thank God for ur life.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by pdpiperpippen: 4:17pm On May 03, 2012
Seems u are either blind or deaf, these boko boys are not smiling, them no wan know tourists o! Xtain o! Muslims o! Tourists o! All nay bbbbbbboooooooommmmmmm!!! All the same sha call this number to obtain clearance from the boko boys 080333333122. grin
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Jalal(m): 4:45pm On May 03, 2012
@jerri, glad u had a swell time! Come back soon!
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by purefella(m): 5:04pm On May 03, 2012
@ londoner u too like woman! , if na man open dis thread u fit no even reply talkless of uploading pics.,nice try cheesy grin
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Obere4u: 5:10pm On May 03, 2012
purefella: @ londoner u too like woman! , if na man open dis thread u fit no even reply talkless of uploading pics.,nice try cheesy grin
True talk cheesy

1 Like

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 03, 2012
Yinkay: Go local,visit Zimbabwe along Keffi road outside Abuja.
Nice one bro. i tink say na only me
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by tlops(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2012
nice
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by adeibi: 6:59pm On May 03, 2012
SPAR?? IN NIGERIA?
ARE YOU FOR REAL?
I'M SO STALE!
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by crackhouse(m): 10:54pm On May 03, 2012
Visit mama Nkechi fast food joint where u can eat a well prepared indomie with cold pure water.

1 Like

Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by londoner: 5:46am On May 04, 2012
purefella: @ londoner u too like woman! , if na man open dis thread u fit no even reply talkless of uploading pics.,nice try cheesy grin

I thought everyone on NL knew by now that I am female.

You are correct, there are some threads created by men I would not contribute to. I saw another thread on here created by a man and all the men here could reply is which place to go to for the "fine girls" and how Calabar girls can work you until you "jump out of the window".

As a woman, why would I contribute to that type of thread?
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by londoner: 5:51am On May 04, 2012
OP....I hope u enjoy Abuja.

Yes, as you know you have to be aware of the Boko Haram threat. However, bear in mind that some Lagosians bear a grudge and have never forgiven Abuja for replacing Lagos as the capital of Nigeria.

Take comments with a pinch of salt.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by johnwell(m): 7:52am On May 04, 2012
Yinkay: Go local,visit Zimbabwe along Keffi road outside Abuja.
Zimbabwe ke? @OP, just try but before u cross that teritory wear your c*ndom first. The calliba of Ashantiz there no de gree to carry eye see man. I vow never to go there again.
Re: Attractions To Visit In Abuja by igboboy1(m): 7:57am On May 04, 2012
chelseabmw: obudu ranch is in cross river state and not calabar smiley smiley

na wa o...u do geogrpahy for school?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sudan Crisis: Nigerians Stranded At Egyptian Border — FG / Lady Narrates How Fire Came Out Of Flight She Boarded / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 16)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.