Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? (22059 Views)

Which AFRICAN Country Makes the Best Music .. S.Africa Vs Nigeria / Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days / K1 D Ultimate,obesere And Adewale Ayuba!who's D Real King Of Fuji Music In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by millco88(f): 5:16am On Apr 28, 2012
Which African country is best known for their good music scene?
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 28, 2012
Congo
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by thando(f): 5:58pm On Apr 28, 2012
SA by far !!! Very rich and a wide variety of genres
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 15, 2012
The congo and cameroon.

Being caribbean I find their music and dancing so much like that of my ppl. Their styles are unique and I never get tired of it.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by amosy007: 10:53pm On May 15, 2012
dis aint no question....we all know danswer ...so no need to long thing
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by cho25bc(f): 2:09am On May 20, 2012
amosy007: dis aint no question....we all know danswer ...so no need to long thing
i agree bt il stl say nigeria anyday,anytym.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 06, 2012
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by dont8(m): 10:28am On Jun 06, 2012
How are we to arrived at a conclusion and what are the criteria? We all know we don't do same style of music, some sing in french while others english and the genre is different from one country to another.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 07, 2012
^^ I guess the melodies and how they make us feel. smiley
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by tpia5: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2012
More contributions plz.

People can showcase their country's music here.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 25, 2012
Cameroon, DRC, and Ivory Coast are three francophone powerhouses of Africa musically and dancing wise.

I am always amazed when I see them move.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 25, 2012
Especially Lady Ponce and Ktino with their Bikutsi music
Sergio Polo with Makossa
and Werrason with Soukous.

Just awesome.
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 1:24am On Aug 25, 2012
Cameroon (Bikutsi)

Lady Ponce's videos are ALWAYS entertaining,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y30IHKHVutA
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 25, 2012
Congolese (Werrason girls dancing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWPEnZU0y74

I would love to see a dance off between them, Cameroonian girls and Ivorian girls! grin

God bless DRC, lol.

This is where we Jamos get our dancing from HANDS DOWN!
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 25, 2012
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Fulaman198(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Mali or Niger, in all honesty, it is all opinionated and based on individuals tastes.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Firebomb: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2013
South
Africa all the way... rich in genres and exhibits diversity in style.
From pop to hip hop, reggae to dancehall, EDM to house, R&B to gospel, jazz to kwaito, indie to rock!
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
It is commonplace for any person to say that what they've got is the best in the world because it's their country and they used to it, but i would say Nigerian music uniqueness cannot be over praised
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by stevecr7(m): 8:02am On Apr 25, 2016
in every genre.. dere re countries that lead.. like dancehall and raggae..its Ghana...hip hop ...tz southafrica...rnb...ts Kenya...buh I.think when u bring errfin together... Nigeria then SA dominate
Re: Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? by ladej(m): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mali

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) / Wizkid & Chris Brown Performing In Ghana (Pictures) / Rave & Roses Becomes 1st African Album To Cross 1 Billion Streams On Spotify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.