Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Textbox Execution In V.B - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Textbox Execution In V.B (979 Views)

Vb.net Vb10 How Check If A Textbox Has Value / Textbox Control / Business Process Execution Language (Bpel) Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Textbox Execution In V.B by Victor2027(m): 5:37am On Apr 28, 2012
[b][/b] pls i need help in getting a code that will collect data in a textbox and execute it. ie if i want to calculate 265+52 in a textbox it will display convertion error. What datatype should i convert the textbox to so that it can see and execute integer n special characters alike.
Re: Textbox Execution In V.B by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2012
Victor2027: [b][/b] pls i need help in getting a code that will collect data in a textbox and execute it. ie if i want to calculate 265+52 in a textbox it will display convertion error. What datatype should i convert the textbox to so that it can see and execute integer n special characters alike.

First thing first, google up textbox and why what you are suggesting you want to do above makes little sense @Poster. Also google the TextBox control and how it is used. Spend an hour or three and you should not only understand what you need to do but get a better handle on how to use it in the future.
Re: Textbox Execution In V.B by TheArbiter: 3:23pm On May 05, 2012
My VB is rusty but what u need to do on your form is:

1. Create 3 textboxes: txtInput1, txtInput2 and txtAns to collect data1, data2 and display the answer in Answer textbox.

2. Create an event handler to initiate the computation after data is entered and execute the remaining code.

3. Check that the data entered are numbers using isnumeric(textbox) function.

4. Set the answer box to display the answer like this: txtAns = CSTR(CINT(txtInput1)*CINT(txtInput2))

5. Dont 4get ur error handler code.

That is as neat as it gets.
Re: Textbox Execution In V.B by Victor2027(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
A big thanks for your kind contributions and suggestions. I have been able to resolve the issue and have learnt something new added to it.

(1) (Reply)

Learning Web Designing And Web Developing Free | What I Did / Google Code Jam / How To Become A Blackberry Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.