Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager (2702 Views)

Rooney: I Want To Be England's Eric Cantona / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Roy Hodgson Has Finally Sacked As Liverpool Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by mukina2: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2012
Roy Hodgson is set to start talks with the Football Association on Monday and expected to be appointed England manager within days.

The FA says the West Brom manager, 64, is the only person it has approached about succeeding Fabio Capello.

He has already spoken with FA chairman David Bernstein and will meet with the four-man panel.
Hodgson - a varied career

He said he would "be delighted" to manage England, in a BBC Sport interview before the FA's approach.

Hodgson has extensive international experience, having managed Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and Finland, and domestic teams in Sweden, Italy and England.

Bernstein said: "Roy is the only manager we have approached and we remain on course to make an appointment within the timescale we set out."

The four-man panel which will decide who takes over from Capello are Bernstein, FA general secretary Alex Horne, FA director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking and managing director of Club England Adrian Bevington.

Bernstein approached West Brom on Saturday and was given permission to speak to Hodgson, who is likely to be appointed on a long-term basis.

It is expected any contract will cover the three tournaments up to and including Euro 2016, at which point he will be two months short of his 69th birthday.

Hodgson's contract with West Brom ends on 30 June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Mooaloji(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2012
Mr Roy b expected ur sack at d end of euro.
mukina2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17888928
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by OmawumiMegbele(m): 9:32am On Apr 30, 2012
[size=30pt]Harry Rednapp[/size]
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by dadicvila(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2012
Forza Italia joh!england no be country,ordinary quality coaches them no fit produce,kant wait to watch them mauled in euro 2012
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2012
what about harry Rednap
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by karpentar: 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2012
@Omawumiegbele
Harry Rednapp?

You prefer the populist Rednapp, whose only achievement is one FA cup after thirty years as a football manager? You don't like england at all. I think Hodgson is a better choice. He took Fulham to the Europa league finals and has an impressive CV that boasts international experience with Switzerland, Finland and UAE. Any way , it doesn't matter who gets the job, England will still be trashed as usual. They are only as good as their useless press and media portrays them and it ends there.
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Limaoscar: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2012
Less than Mediocre Coach with their English Mediocre team....I wish him.....what ever the English press give him after the Euros....
im go hear wheen from their press.
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by chucky234(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2012
dadicvila: Forza Italia joh!england no be country,ordinary quality coaches them no fit produce,kant wait to watch them mauled in euro 2012
You wey begin watch football yesterday go open mouth say England no fit produce quality coaches,guy keep quite and say wetin you know
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2012
chucky234:
You wey begin watch football yesterday go open mouth say England no fit produce quality coaches,guy keep quite and say wetin you know

Which quality coach England fit produce?

Their top clubs are all coached by foreigners, When was the last time an English man coached a team to win premiership?

but if we look at relegation teams managers they are always English
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by chucky234(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
dayokanu:

Which quality coach England fit produce?

Their top clubs are all coached by foreigners, When was the last time an English man coached a team to win premiership?

but if we look at relegation teams managers they are always English

Keep shut my friend,an England coach called Bobby Robson thought Mourinho everything he knows and that same England coach was a Barca coach.
The Three Lions have always been coached by English before the last few years with Goran Eriksson and Capello.
In 1996 Terry Venables built an amazing England team that lost to Germany on penalties at the Euros final in Wembley,England were exceptional and outclassed the Germans before the game went into extra time.
Remember Daglish,Ferguson are British,you are empty head.
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Emperor5c(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2012
Daglish, ferguson british
D lst tym i checkd england haz its own team nt british team.mumu!
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Apr 30, 2012
chucky234:

Keep shut my friend,an England coach called Bobby Robson thought Mourinho everything he knows and that same England coach was a Barca coach.
The Three Lions have always been coached by English before the last few years with Goran Eriksson and Capello.
In 1996 Terry Venables built an amazing England team that lost to Germany on penalties at the Euros final in Wembley,England were exceptional and outclassed the Germans before the game went into extra time.
Remember Daglish,Ferguson are British,you are empty head.

You obviously know nothing about football? So you think British and English are the same?

I say tell us how many English coaches have won the English premier league in the last 20yrs?

If they cant win their own league then whats the use?

What did Bobby Robson win? Did he win the Champions League? No, Did he win the Premier league, Did he win the Euro cup? Did he win the world cup? Tell me what he has won that makes him better than Villas Boas?

When the 3 ants or lions as you call them were coached by English coaches, What did they win?
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by chic2pimp(m): 11:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
Chucky234

No dey argue with DayoTwatnu concerning english matters. He is a certified English Hater. Don't blame him though,the blame squarely lies at the hands of the British Embassy in Nigeria that denied him the right to reach his heaven(England)
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by jawjaw1: 7:28am On May 01, 2012
chic2pimp: Chucky234

No dey argue with DayoTwatnu concerning english matters. He is a certified English Hater. Don't blame him though,the blame squarely lies at the hands of the British Embassy in Nigeria that denied him the right to reach his heaven(England)

Guy, but na true them dey talk na! If u disagree prove them wrong.
The plain simple truth is that the English are over-hyped by their press and media.
The EPL is all about the foreign money, players and coaches. Take them all out and what do u have left? Mediocre English players and coaches.
We unconsciously follow it with a passion because it is well advertised and the only league that is in English dat we all understand and can easily follow.
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by chucky234(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2012
Emperor5c: Daglish, ferguson british
D lst tym i checkd England haz its own team nt british team.mumu!
Your emperor na mumu emperor,is PL an England league? the league is for any UK teams but Rangers and Celtic did not join the PL when it started in 1992 because of their dominance of the Scottish league which had a better coverage and followership than the league in England. Any UK team can participate in the EPL and a good example is the Swansea City FC which is based in the citY of Swansea in Wales,or Wales is in England as well.
Na mumu go kill you.
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by chucky234(m): 1:42pm On May 01, 2012
dayokanu:

You obviously know nothing about football? So you think British and English are the same?

I say tell us how many English coaches have won the English premier league in the last 20yrs?

If they cant win their own league then whats the use?

What did Bobby Robson win? Did he win the Champions League? No, Did he win the Premier league, Did he win the Euro cup? Did he win the world cup? Tell me what he has won that makes him better than Villas Boas?

When the 3 ants or lions as you call them were coached by English coaches, What did they win?
Another mumu,compare Robson to AVB forgetting that Robson as a Porto coach took AVB at age 16 into his house with Jose Mourinho and thought them coaching. He won two Dutch league tittles with PSV before moving to Sporting FC in Portugal and Mourihno was hired as his interpreter. Won three Portuguese League tittles with Porto before moving to Barca where he won the Spanish cup,Spanish Super Cup and the European cup winners cup (now Europa League) and was voted manager of the year 1996/1997 season which lead to Ronaldo De Lima describing as the world's greatest in terms of man-managing.
He was also appointed the General Manager of football affairs for Barcelona which Luis Van Gaal was appointed head coach to replace him.
UEFA awarded Robson the Emerald UEFA Order of Merit award,On 9 December 2007, Robson was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the BBC's Sports Personality of the Year show in recognition of "his contribution as both player and manager in a career spanning more than half a century",In 2005 he received a lifetime achievement award from the Sports Coach UK Awards,[153] and was also awarded the Eircom International Personality of the Year in 2006,In 2002 (during his time as Newcastle manager), the 69-year-old Robson was awarded the freedom of Newcastle upon Tyne and the UEFA President's Award for 'services to football'.[11][19] He was inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2003 in recognition of his impact as a manager.[150] Following his time as Newcastle United manager in 2005, Robson was made an Honorary Freeman of Newcastle,[108] which, in his autobiography, he described as being "the proudest moment of my life".[151] Robson also won the 1992 Football Writers' Association Tribute Award for an outstanding contribution to the national game,[152] and the 2001 British Sports Writers' Association Pat Besford Trophy for Outstanding Achievement.

YOU CALL ALL THAT A FLUKE,YOUR MUMU GO LAST A LIFETIME
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by dayokanu(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2012
Did Robson win the Champions league? Did he win the premier league? Did he win the Euro cup? Did he win the World cup?

Why should such a mediocre coach be regarded as anything?

he thought someone? he brought 17yr old into his house is rubbish?

Would you say Einsteins teacher is more brilliant than EInstein? Or Would you say Soyinkas teachers are better than Soyinka? How come no one ever heard of those teachers names?

Robson is a mediocre on the same level with Villas Boas
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by timbros(m): 5:33pm On May 01, 2012
The bottom line is that u cant compare England to Italy in terms of producing coaches. Why, England even hired an Italian coach!
I dont remember Italian FA hiring a foriegn coach for their national team before (I stand to be corrected though) but England. . .
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by RuuDie(m): 5:39pm On May 01, 2012
I think Hodgson is a fantastic choice for the England job. Since most already consider him a 'mediocre' or 'average' manager, it might just help reduce the weight of expectation from the media and fans alike, hence making his job a fair bit easier. All in all, he's certainly shown that he can perform reasonably well from the 'underdog' position.

Also, I have a feeling RH can really freshen things up a little bit with some strange new faces added to the squad. He's certainly been around long enough to have spotted some 'unfancied', under-rated lads who can give more than a decent, consistent showing in the 3-lion shirt.

Congratulations Roy - you have earned your stripes, man - and I know you will do a good job!
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by dayokanu(m): 5:48pm On May 01, 2012
Coach of West Brom? I laff in Gurumaharaji
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by timbros(m): 6:13pm On May 01, 2012
Roy will be sacked after EURO. I just hope he made his future secure with enough clauses in that contract...
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 01, 2012
england can employ 20 coaches at the same time and still cant achieve Poo..... its not the management, its the useless overhyped players who knpw nothing but brag about one thing or the other. what a waste of collective Poo
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by AlabaSlim: 6:52am On May 02, 2012
I jus wait 4 d yr dat d engrisss wil LIFT a major troyphi-mayb 2084
a kontri wit onli advertised (hyped) playaz & no GAME
hehehe
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by ayusco: 6:40pm On May 02, 2012
Roy hogdson english onigbinde tongue
Re: Roy Hodgson Set To Be England Manager by Emperor5c(m): 11:15pm On May 02, 2012
chucky234:
Your emperor na mumu emperor,is PL an England league? the league is for any UK teams but Rangers and Celtic did not join the PL when it started in 1992 because of their dominance of the Scottish league which had a better coverage and followership than the league in England. Any UK team can participate in the EPL and a good example is the Swansea City FC which is based in the citY of Swansea in Wales,or Wales is in England as well.
Na mumu go kill you.
Mumu don eat too deep in2 ya brain.
Is d a british national team?
Is daglish n ferguson englishmen?
U r so retarded dat u dnt even knw wot u r arguin 4 or against.
Tot we wer talkin abt english coaches 4 d england team.so wer does d premier league bullshit cum in2 play?
I guess u re postin 4rm yaba psychatric hospital.olodo!

(1) (Reply)

Lennon: The Best Right Winger In The Premiership / Dangote Set To Be Forth Biggest Shareholder In Arsenal / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.