Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? (2235 Views)

Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? / Your Wealthy Religion To Belong Today / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2012
Simple question. Is Christianity a foreign religion to Nigeria? It seems christians struggle with this question.

Also, how did Christianity come to Nigeria if it is foreign.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Callotti: 12:00pm On May 01, 2012
A foreign 'fake' religion to Africa as a whole.
The reason it only forsters hypocrisy amonngst the semi-illiterates who struggle to practice and teach it! kiss
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:18pm On May 01, 2012
Callotti: A foreign 'fake' religion to Africa as a whole.
The reason it only forsters hypocrisy amonngst the semi-illiterates who struggle to practice and teach it! kiss

The christians here on nairaland are running away from this question because it exposes their religion.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 12:23pm On May 01, 2012
yes christianity is a foreign religion to nigeria.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Callotti: 12:25pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

The christians here on nairaland are running away from this question because it exposes their religion.

I think they are tired of "US"! grin

Dem don read wetin pass dem for this religious section.

Mu che che che che che che che

PAWA PASS PAWA!!!
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:36pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: yes christianity is a foreign religion to nigeria.

Then why should a Nigerian accept a foreign religion over their local ones
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:37pm On May 01, 2012
Callotti:

I think they are tired of "US"! grin

Dem don read wetin pass dem for this religious section.

Mu che che che che che che che

PAWA PASS PAWA!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

They are always running from logical arguments
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Then why should a Nigerian accept a foreign religion over their local ones
who told you to accept a foreign religion ? are you been coerced by anyone ? i suggest you call the police and report said person for harrasing you and violating your human right to be a free entity
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:50pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: who told you to accept a foreign religion ? are you been coerced by anyone ? i suggest you call the police and report said person for harrasing you and violating your human right to be a free entity

My aunt, Jehovah witnesses, public evangelist that go door to door and bus preachers will all be arrested.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:51pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: who told you to accept a foreign religion ? are you been coerced by anyone ? i suggest you call the police and report said person for harrasing you and violating your human right to be a free entity

Furthermore, politicans in Nigeria will be arrested for not recognizing the principle of separation of church and state by using governemnt money or public money to support churches.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

My aunt, Jehovah witnesses, public evangelist that go door to door and bus preachers will all be arrested.
better yet buy a lanyard or koboko. and when they start knocking on your door, open the door and commit to ferociously thrashing them mercilessly with the koboko. at least 12 strokes each.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 12:55pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Furthermore, politicans in Nigeria will be arrested for not recognizing the principle of separation of church and state by using governemnt money or public money to support churches.
well i would personally not advice you to accost politicians. Dele Giwa comes to mind.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:56pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: better yet buy a lanyard or koboko. and when they start knocking on your door, open the door and commit to ferociously thrashing them mercilessly with the koboko. at least 12 strokes each.

angry angry angry
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

angry angry angry
its what i would do. just passing on my techniques of deterring door to door preachers to a fellow religiophobe wink
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 12:59pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: its what i would do. just passing on my techniques of deterring door to door preachers to a fellow religiophobe wink

Dont be violent
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2012
logicboy:

Dont be violent
some people only understand violence. i have been known to body slam an 89 year old jehovah witness grandma on the concrete. i believe she suffered multiple fractures. or at least thats what the neighborhood kids told me when they saw her bandaged up like a hindu
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 1:31pm On May 01, 2012
buzugee: some people only understand violence. i have been known to body slam an 89 year old jehovah witness grandma on the concrete. i believe she suffered multiple fractures. or at least thats what the neighborhood kids told me when they saw her bandaged up like a hindu

lmao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2012
Why are you asking such an embarrassingly obvious question? It is like asking people if they think the sun radiate heat or whether fire burns.
logicboy: Simple question. Is Christianity a foreign religion to Nigeria? It seems christians struggle with this question.

Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 1:43pm On May 01, 2012
Jenwitemi: Why are you asking such an embarrassingly obvious question? It is like asking people if they think the sun radiate heat or whether fire burns.

Simple question can have difficult questions. You say that "whether fire burns" is an easy question but there are millions of people that will tell you that holy ghost fire purifies.

Here's another easy question for you; does god exist?
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2012
This one is not as easy as the first one. Not by a long shot. God comes in every shape and form, so it depends on which one you are talking about. See?
logicboy:
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 1:54pm On May 01, 2012
Jenwitemi: This one is not as easy as the first one. Not by a long shot. God comes in every shape and form, so it depends on which one you are talking about. See?

What about the warped christian answer;

Christianity is local to all cultures as God created everyone and Jesus saved everyone on the cross?

Think outside the box
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:27pm On May 02, 2012
Christianity is not local to ALL cultures, dude. Where did you get that one from? Hindu culture does not give a hoot about christianity. They have their own religion.
logicboy:

What about the warped christian answer;

Christianity is local to all cultures as God created everyone and Jesus saved everyone on the cross?

Think outside the box
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 3:42pm On May 02, 2012
Jenwitemi: Christianity is not local to ALL cultures, dude. Where did you get that one from? Hindu culture does not give a hoot about christianity. They have their own religion.

That is why Isaid "warped answer"
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:13pm On May 02, 2012
There is no doubt that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, are all foreign religions in Nigeria.
None of them are originally from Nigeria. The overwhelming majority of them were imposed by force in times of conquest, and others are born by imitation. But none of them are Nigerian.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by logicboy: 5:20pm On May 02, 2012
Ptolomeus: There is no doubt that Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, are all foreign religions in Nigeria.
None of them are originally from Nigeria. The overwhelming majority of them were imposed by force in times of conquest, and others are born by imitation. But none of them are Nigerian.

100% agree
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by SisterSister(f): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
logicboy:
Simple question. Is Christianity a foreign religion to Nigeria? It seems christians struggle with this question.

It is possible that Christianity is a foreign belief to Nigeria.

I say this why? Nigeria was not always named Nigeria. Historical research is required.

As well, a lot of what takes place in the Bible started in this part of the world, Africa. It is known by many that at one time Africa was the center of the world. Jesus is not a white and the Israelites are not white.

Belief in Jehovah God originated in the Garden of Eden with the first two human beings, Adam and Eve. The belief in God moved outwards upon the earth. Later, others beliefs arose and many chose to follower gods other than Jehovah God.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by SisterSister(f): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
logicboy:

Simple question can have difficult questions. You say that "whether fire burns" is an easy question but there are millions of people that will tell you that holy ghost fire purifies.

Yes, God does exist.
Re: Is Christianity A Foreign Religion To Nigeria? by itstpia8: 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
No, it's not a foreign religion.

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Christians Should Be Involved Politics / I Smell Christmas In The Air / Revealed! Why The Black Race Is A Cursed Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.