Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

10 Tips To Keep A Healthy Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / 10 Tips To Keep A Healthy Hair (1167 Views)

9jabuzz Beauty: Tips For Beautiful And Healthy Hair / How To Grow A Long And Healthy Hair Fast / My Journey To A Healthy Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips To Keep A Healthy Hair by fashion411(f): 11:13am On May 01, 2012
1. Eat well
Hair is protein discharge, and adding good quality animal protein to your diet will help encourage growth. Eat WHOLE eggs. They contain biotin, folate, silica and B-5, which are all universally known for helping promote lustrous hair. Consuming enough fat can aid in improving overall shine and texture. When I looked at the most recommended [by the very knowledgeable vitamin expert at my health food store] food grade hair, skin, and nail vitamin blend, it was clear that eating more kale (vitamin C and Silica) berries (more C), onions, leeks, garlic or scallions (sulfur), mushrooms (zinc), almonds, brown rice (vitamin E), liver, sunflower seeds (pantothenic acid - B5), lobster, oysters, beef liver, crab and shitake mushrooms (copper) and a wide variety of antioxidant herbs like ginger, rosemary and turmeric root, could benefit hair growth and make hair even more gorgeous!

2. Get a shower filtration system
This is a big deal because you can absorb up to eight cups of chlorine while you shower, and there is no telling what that does to your hair. Filtering shower water removes a plethora of nasty chemicals, and that is good all around.

3. Be careful what products you use
Certain products can clog the hair shaft, and that will impede new growth. Many products contain alcohol, which will strip your hair. The chemicals in most commercial hair care products are simply awful. Choose natural, green products instead. I am a big fan of the John Masters line- he uses a lot of essential oils and plant based ingredients.

4. Try not to wash so much or don’t wash at all
When I say ‘not washing’ I mean not the typical way… you still need to cleanse your scalp, here is more about that … I was up late one night watching an infomercial for a hair cleanser (Wen brand) that was organic and did not foam, as it had no laurel sulfides, and used no chemicals at all. Many celebrities endorsed it and I found myself glued to the TV for the whole hour-long infomercial. Yes, I ordered the product and have been buying it ever since. It cleans my hair without foaming or stripping, and it extends the life of my color. I like this concept. Most commercial products contain sodium laurel sulfide, which can be very harmful. So read your ingredients. If you can’t pronounce it or wouldn’t eat it, leave it on the shelf. For a list of toxic ingredients go to the Green Beauty Team "toxic ingredients glossary”

5. Be gentle
Comb through wet hair with a wide-tooth comb. Start at the ends and go slowly. Too many people brush and yank at their hair when it is wet and most delicate. Buy a high-quality professional hair dryer and use it at the medium setting, or don’t blow dry your hair at all. When using heating tools like a dryer, flat iron, curing iron or hot rollers, be sure to use natural products for heat protection. Be slow and gentle and you will be happy with your locks.

6. Wear a hat in the sun if you color your hair
This recommendation is straight from the lovely Joanna Gonzalez, my colorist at Butterfly Studio NYC, especially if you have highlights – this will tone down the brassiness.

7. Do some deep conditioning weekly or bi-weekly
For a simple treatment at home, mash an over-ripe avocado with olive oil and egg yolks, and leave in your hair for an hour while you read or catch up on Facebook. I recommend wearing a conditioning cap, rinsing off well and shampooing with a gentle non-chemical shampoo immediately after.

8. Harmonize your hormones
This can be a tough one; I work with my clients on this. Harmonizing hormones takes time and patience because often it took quite a while to get them out of whack – it takes time to balance them. Mostly it is cleaning up the diet and getting plenty of rest, stress management and being very aware of your relationship with synthetic hormones (found in commercial meats, dairy, eggs and birth control pills)

9. Add some sort of stress management practice
Yoga, and meditation and for the love of G-d please get some sleep!

10. Love the hair you have now
I know this sounds challenging, but if you look in the mirror and say to your friends “I hate my hair!” it actually hurts your hair energetically. Love your hair, no matter what state is in. Whenever you start to think about hating it, replace that thought with a love thought and affirm “my hair is lustrous and beautiful,” “my hair is my crowning glory,” or “I am thankful for my healthy, full head of hair.” You could also rent the movie “Hair” or go see Disney’s “Tangled.”

Some of my clients have walked into my office with hair so thin I could see their scalps – after changing their diet to include the ‘healthy hair foods” setting rules about sleep and stress management, making sure to have good quality –hormone free animal protein, milk and dairy their hair changed drastically. More often than not, it took 3-6 months, but there was a noticeable difference. While I’m not making any promises, I am confident that if you incorporate these suggestions into your lifestyle, you could give Rapunzel a run for her money.
Re: 10 Tips To Keep A Healthy Hair by daybydaywebsite(f): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
Top 30 Best and Worst Foods for Healthy Hair

Now, we rid on this discussion of the day on Healthy Hair Production,

https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

Instead of using processed products, nourish your hair from the inside out by eating these healthy foods. There are some major factors that influence your hair—genetics, age, hormones, nutrient deficiencies, and more—but what you eat is one of the few things you can do to control your hair’s behavior.

https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

After all, if you are predisposed to thin, so-so hair, you wouldn’t want to make it worse by consuming the wrong foods, would you? And even if you belong in a hair commercial, you’d like to protect that look, right?By eating nutrient-rich foods that are scientifically proven to help your hair—and avoiding those that only do harm—you can influence your hair’s thickness, its growth or shedding, how shiny it is, and even its likelihood of greying.

Compare the list below with what you usually have in your pantry, and then find out the Hormones That Shut Off Your Hunger!⇐⇑⇒

First, The Best Foods for Healthy Hair 1. Almond Butter

Almond butter contains a wide variety of nutrients—including protein, healthy fats, and certain vitamins—that have all been linked to hair health. It’s the vitamin E content in the nuts that researchers say is particularly good for keeping your locks thick and lustrous. One eight-month trial found men who supplemented daily with vitamin E saw an increase in hair growth by as much as 42 percent. Just a tablespoon of almonds provides nearly two-thirds of your RDA for fat-soluble vitamin E.

2. Tangerines

The benefits of tangerines⇔ affect your hair in two big ways: 1.) Its vitamin C content makes it easier for your body to absorb iron, such as from spinach; 2.) The vitamin B12 in tangerines promotes hair growth, reduces hair loss, and slows down the graying process.

3. Amla Berries

Also known as Indian gooseberry, amla is a sour fruit native to India. High in antioxidants, it is prescribed by Ayurvedic doctors for glowing skin and hair. It’s easiest to purchase frozen amla berries online.

4. Spinach

In some cases (particularly in women), a mineral deficiency is the cause of hair loss. “It’s important to make sure you don’t have a lack of something in your diet that could be leading to hair loss,” says dermatologist Dr. Carolyn Jacob ⇐⇑⇒. “We check protein levels, iron, iron storage, vitamin D and a number of other labs to make sure you don’t have deficiencies.” Spinach is iron rich and it contains sebum, which acts as a natural conditioner for hair. The leafy green also provides omega-3 acids, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. All help keep hair lustrous, shiny and, most importantly, out of the drain. Spinach is only one of the 8 Superfoods You Should Eat Every Day!⇐⇑⇒

5. Greek Yogurt ....

Read More >>> https://www.daybyday.website/top-30-best-and-worst-foods-for-healthy-hair-production/

(1) (Reply)

Winner Of Osg No Makeup Contest Emerges / Toolz Rocks The Traditional Attire / Zelfazion Workshop( Ankara Accessories, Sandals, Slipper And Purses,, Wire Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.