Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is This Alright? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Alright? (1087 Views)

Is It Alright To Teach Your Child The Name Of His/her Private Part? / Is This Alright? / Is It Alright For A Married Woman Give Assistance To Her Brothers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Alright? by cowgurl: 2:19pm On May 01, 2012
A married lady having a separate room from her hubby.
Re: Is This Alright? by EfemenaXY: 2:37pm On May 01, 2012
^^ shocked shocked shocked

[b]Cowgurl:[/b]You need to provide us with more information pertaining to the circumstances surrounding this case, in order for us nairalanders accurately determine whether or not the aformentioned decision taken, is right or wrong.

For example:

* Do either of them snore?

* Is she nursing a baby?

* Is there a medical reason behind the decision to sleep in seperate rooms?
Re: Is This Alright? by cowgurl: 5:03pm On May 01, 2012
Alright then. Am an only female child in my family and 'v gotten so used to havin my own rum n personal stuff (privacy I mean) since I was 5 and to be candid with you, I won't mind having a separate room from that of my hubby. I opened this thread so I can be in the KNOW of what lies ahead of me by married peeps in the house most esp those with the experience 'v just stated, thanks.
Re: Is This Alright? by feminineA: 5:26pm On May 01, 2012
Its not all right. You need to stay together. There is no need for privacy, you should be open as well as vulnerable to your partner am sure at a point in your life you had to a share room with one or two people. Please get used to living in the room with him. Night gist, brainstorming,decision as well as sex are always the best
Re: Is This Alright? by taryour(f): 5:39pm On May 01, 2012
feminine A: Its not all right. You need to stay together. There is no need for privacy, you should be open as well as vulnerable to your partner am sure at a point in your life you had to a share room with one or two people. Please get used to living in the room with him. Night gist, brainstorming,decision as well as sex are always the best

i agree with o
Re: Is This Alright? by cowgurl: 6:43pm On May 01, 2012
Thanks Feminine A &Taryour.
Re: Is This Alright? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 01, 2012
Re: Is This Alright? by EfemenaXY: 10:00pm On May 01, 2012
cowgurl: Alright then. Am an only female child in my family and 'v gotten so used to havin my own rum n personal stuff (privacy I mean) since I was 5 and to be candid with you, I won't mind having a separate room from that of my hubby. I opened this thread so I can be in the KNOW of what lies ahead of me by married peeps in the house most esp those with the experience 'v just stated, thanks.

Okay then. Based on what you've just written, not a good idea.

In addition to all that's been said so far, sleeping together in the same room, same bed brings you both closer together, both emotionally and physically. You don't want to start off your married life by creating unnecessary distance between you.

Remember also that 2 becomes 1 & being together helps facilitate that.

Another thing, matrimony being the bumpy road that it is, is full of ups and downs. When going through the "downs", being together helps overcome that phase. For example, if you've had a disagreement, it's quite difficult (unless you're a complete nutcase of course), to remain angry with your other half lying next to you.

Question for you though: Did you grow up witnessing your parents sleep in seperate rooms? I ask because most kids tend to emulate what the adults around them do...
Re: Is This Alright? by cowgurl: 10:18pm On May 01, 2012
Hmm, I see. So what if my hubby also wants it that way, should I oppose him?
Re: Is This Alright? by EfemenaXY: 10:32pm On May 01, 2012
^^ Now that's odd. It's like being thrown back to the Victorian era.

No, I wouldn't advocate you "oppose" him, but explain to him the benefits of being together as a couple, as already outlined by everyone here.

But then again, if it's a mutual agreement between you both...then I guess it's whatever works for you both...

Just remember that you'll be missing out on each other though...
Re: Is This Alright? by cowgurl: 10:58pm On May 01, 2012
Hmm, I get u Efemena. My present spouse does not dig it as well even afta much pleas, so I gues am stuck wit al ur suggestions cos I luv him so much 2 let dat get in d way.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me!!! / Top 10 Benefits Of Kissing / Who Do/would You Love More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.