Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Samsung! The Biggest Phone Maker By Shipments For Q1 2012 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung! The Biggest Phone Maker By Shipments For Q1 2012 (592 Views)

Chinese Phone Maker UMI Launches ‘IRON’ Smartphone In Nigeria / Michael Akindele, 30-Year-Old Nigerian Mobile Phone Maker, Gets Global Attention / Tecno Q1 Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Samsung! The Biggest Phone Maker By Shipments For Q1 2012 by otumfour(m): 2:26pm On May 01, 2012
Research firm IDC is reporting that Nokia has been dethroned as the world's biggest phone maker by Samsung. In the first quarter of the year, Samsung shipped 98.3 million mobile phones, with Nokia and Apple in second and third place. In the smartphone-only charts, the Korean company shipped 42.2 million of its Android and Windows Phone handsets, while Cupertino shipped 35.1 million and Nokia shipped a paltry-by-comparison 11.9 million.

Samsung, Apple and companies outside the top 5 all made big gains in the smartphone space, while Nokia, RIM and HTC all felt their numbers drop. Unsurprisingly, companies with big stakes in dumb phones suffered, with Nokia and LG losing big chunks of their market share to the big two and stalking horse ZTE, which has bested LG for fourth place. After the break, we've got the official tallies that you can pore over.

how can a brother insert images on this new nairaland sef

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Iphone 4s / Pls Help! How Can I Restore My Phone Contacts From My Bad Blackberry Phone? / Blackberry Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.