Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,579 members, 7,955,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

1st Nollywood Movies Awards: Funke Akindele Secures Nominations! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 1st Nollywood Movies Awards: Funke Akindele Secures Nominations! (1264 Views)

Nkem Owoh And Funke Akindele In Primary School Uniforms For Movie Role / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele / Nollywood Movies Awards (NMA) - Nominees & Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1st Nollywood Movies Awards: Funke Akindele Secures Nominations! by Agstar(f): 5:32pm On May 01, 2012
Couple of weeks ago, the 1st Yoruba Movie Academy awards scheduled to take place this May, was unveiled to the public. Another Award’s platform “Nollywood Movies Award” has joined the bandwagon with the unveiling of its nominees on April 27th 2012 at the Lagos Ikeja hotel. “Nollywood movies UK” are the organizers of the award,and aims at celebrating those who use the English and Indigenous languages as communication tools. Its main aim is to honour and recognize excellence in the industry, and tends to focus on films that have had great achievements in each year, with a view to encouraging the filmmakers and new entrants on to the scene. The nominees party takes place on Saturday 5th May 2012 at the Oriental hotel Lagos. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday 2nd June 2012 at the Civic Centre,Lagos, with Julius D Genius Agwu, and Kate Henshaw as hosts.

Going through the nominees list, the nominees are drawn as far back as 2010, for an Award in 2012, how does that add up bearing in mind their aim of focusing on films that have had great achievements in each year, e.g Anchor Baby which was released in 2010, is part of the list, with IJE (highest grossing movie in Nigeria) missing from the list. Respectfully, Anchor baby shouldn’t be on the list, except they use the issue of timing to wittily include same.

The battle revolves around The Mirror Boy, Tango with Me, Anchor Baby, Private storm, Ghetto Dreamz, kiss and Tell, with The Return of Jenifa(contending for the number one position with tango with me in 2011, raking in over N32million Naira at the box office) securing only four spots. Funke Akindele was nominated for “Best actress in an indigenous movie”… meanwhile there’s another category “Best actress in a leading role” obviously for her English counterparts, with Genevieve, Omoni,Mercy Johnson, Uche jumbo,Omotola in contention. why have that separation, it’s only logical to have one category for the Best actress!. besides Funke Akindele was nominated twice under the Best actress in an indigenous movie for “The return of jenifa and Emi Abata”.. that’s ridiculous.Even Aramotu was no where to be found on the Best indigenous language movie category!

I really don’t know how receptive the public would be to the Nollywood movies award (although they have noble intentions)but their nominations seems to have taken them two steps backwards, especially in the light of AMAA 2012 event which celebrated latest movies and filmmakers and ZAAfa which will soon hold. Anyway enough of the whipping… the under-listed unveils the nominees:

Best Movie

MIRROR BOY
ANCHOR BABY
PRIVATE STORM
MEMORIES OF THE HEART
TANGO WITH ME
KISS AND TELL

Best Actor in a Leading Role

VAN VICKER (AGAINST THE LAW)
RAMSEY NOUAH (PRIVATE STORM)
TRYBSON DUDUKOKO (GHETTO DREAMZ)
JOSEPH BENJAMIN (TANGO WITH ME)
JOSEPH BENJAMIN (KISS AND TELL)
CHARLES OKAFOR (FAKE PROPHET)

Best Actor in a Supporting Role

JUNIOR POPE ODUMODOH (NKWOCHA)
JOHN DUMELO (PRIVATE STORM)
YUL EDOCHIE (AGAINST THE LAW)
GABRIEL AFOLAYAN (GHETTO DREAMZ)

Best Actress in a Leading Role

GENEVIEVE NNAJI (TANGO WITH ME)
OMONI OBOLI (ANCHOR BABY)
MERCY JOHNSON (WEEPING SOUL)
UCHE JUMBO (DAMAGE)
OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE (PRIVATE STORM)

read more on .....Couple of weeks ago, the 1st Yoruba Movie Academy awards scheduled to take place this May, was unveiled to the public. Another Award’s platform “Nollywood Movies Award” has joined the bandwagon with the unveiling of its nominees on April 27th 2012 at the Lagos Ikeja hotel. “Nollywood movies UK” are the organizers of the award,and aims at celebrating those who use the English and Indigenous languages as communication tools. Its main aim is to honour and recognize excellence in the industry, and tends to focus on films that have had great achievements in each year, with a view to encouraging the filmmakers and new entrants on to the scene. The nominees party takes place on Saturday 5th May 2012 at the Oriental hotel Lagos. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday 2nd June 2012 at the Civic Centre,Lagos, with Julius D Genius Agwu, and Kate Henshaw as hosts.

Going through the nominees list, the nominees are drawn as far back as 2010, for an Award in 2012, how does that add up bearing in mind their aim of focusing on films that have had great achievements in each year, e.g Anchor Baby which was released in 2010, is part of the list, with IJE (highest grossing movie in Nigeria) missing from the list. Respectfully, Anchor baby shouldn’t be on the list, except they use the issue of timing to wittily include same.

The battle revolves around The Mirror Boy, Tango with Me, Anchor Baby, Private storm, Ghetto Dreamz, kiss and Tell, with The Return of Jenifa(contending for the number one position with tango with me in 2011, raking in over N32million Naira at the box office) securing only four spots. Funke Akindele was nominated for “Best actress in an indigenous movie”… meanwhile there’s another category “Best actress in a leading role” obviously for her English counterparts, with Genevieve, Omoni,Mercy Johnson, Uche jumbo,Omotola in contention. why have that separation, it’s only logical to have one category for the Best actress!. besides Funke Akindele was nominated twice under the Best actress in an indigenous movie for “The return of jenifa and Emi Abata”.. that’s ridiculous.Even Aramotu was no where to be found on the Best indigenous language movie category!

I really don’t know how receptive the public would be to the Nollywood movies award (although they have noble intentions)but their nominations seems to have taken them two steps backwards, especially in the light of AMAA 2012 event which celebrated latest movies and filmmakers and ZAAfa which will soon hold. Anyway enough of the whipping… the under-listed unveils the nominees:

Best Movie

MIRROR BOY
ANCHOR BABY
PRIVATE STORM
MEMORIES OF THE HEART
TANGO WITH ME
KISS AND TELL

UCHE JUMBO (DAMAGE)
OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE (PRIVATE STORM)

read more on ....Couple of weeks ago, the 1st Yoruba Movie Academy awards scheduled to take place this May, was unveiled to the public. Another Award’s platform “Nollywood Movies Award” has joined the bandwagon with the unveiling of its nominees on April 27th 2012 at the Lagos Ikeja hotel. “Nollywood movies UK” are the organizers of the award,and aims at celebrating those who use the English and Indigenous languages as communication tools. Its main aim is to honour and recognize excellence in the industry, and tends to focus on films that have had great achievements in each year, with a view to encouraging the filmmakers and new entrants on to the scene. The nominees party takes place on Saturday 5th May 2012 at the Oriental hotel Lagos. The awards ceremony will take place on Saturday 2nd June 2012 at the Civic Centre,Lagos, with Julius D Genius Agwu, and Kate Henshaw as hosts.

Best Movie

MIRROR BOY
ANCHOR BABY
PRIVATE STORM
MEMORIES OF THE HEART
TANGO WITH ME
KISS AND TELL

UCHE JUMBO (DAMAGE)
OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE (PRIVATE STORM)... read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2012/05/01/1st-nollywood-movies-awards-funke-akindele-secures-nominations-with-the-return-of-jenifa/

(1) (Reply)

Contact Or Name Of Agency Or Institute That Train Radio Or Presenter In Abuja / Can You Remember This Soap Opera? / Pls A Site To Download Gladiators By Russell Crowe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.