|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1077277 members, 1266048 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2013 at 12:31 PM
|Expatriate Jobs In Multinational Company In Port Harcourt by Charity.N: 2:42pm On May 03, 2012|
EXPERTRIATE JOBS IN OIL AND GAS COMPANY
JOB TITLE: PIPELINE PROJECT ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: MANAGER PROJECTS
* Responsible for managing on-shore pipeline activities projects (Pipeline/end Facilities) within agreed budget, schedule, statement of requirement and in compliance with company objectives and HSE rules
* Project budget: up to US $ 15 million
* Direct Subordinate position: Site supervisor team, material controller, QC engineer.
* To plan, lead and co-ordinate projects activities from initiation, through work scoping, engineering and design, tendering, execution engineering, execution to hand over.
* To initiate, establish project consolidated planning and coordinate the progress control activities associated with the establishment and management of overall project schedule and individual contract work time schedule.
* To use company rules, guidelines and procedures and best work practice to establish a set of procedures suitable for the controlling of the project.
* To prepare project estimates/budgets and the plans for work including extra work s, follow the cost control process and ensure projects are executed in line with approved budgets.
* To participate, monitor, organise and drive projects contract activities including prequalification, call for tender preparation, tendering evaluation and ensure award recommendations are made in the best technical and commercial terms.
* To prepare, manage the projects execution plan(Basic/detail eng., Construction work)
* Responsible for the follow up engineering studies, procurement works and contractor’s activities. Review/comment all Eng./LLI contractors activities( with the coordination of Company and Head office discipline specialist team.
* To define, mobilise and coordinate the activities of various site supervision teams and contractors on project and ensure project is executed in line with the project objectives (cost, Targets, etc) in adherence to quality and safety requirements.
* To identify deficiencies, issues/problems that causes delays, recommend solutions and derive approved remedial actions.
* To provide project consolidated reports to Projects Management, and control the internal and external reporting with other dept, company Head offices and external authorities.
* To maintain contact with hierarchy, head office, Vendors, contractors and resolve all the technical and contractual issues.
* To hand-over fully documented and commissioned installations to operations/PROD start-up team. To prepare documentation for the overall project reporting where and when required.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
* Onshore context with need to apply stringent company and industry standard rules and procedures.
* Technical challenges (work to be carried on live plant) to reduce shutdown (cost) occasioned by onshore works.
* Management of several contracts/Contractors concurrently.
* Challenges in bids evaluations with NAPIMS (if required), approvals in due time and relationship management.
* Interface with various departments, company head quarters, partners, etc...
* Establish strategy (including corrective action) to ensure projects delivery in agreed schedule.
* Manage progress control activities on each contract to achieve project completion within approved schedule and budget.
* Manage and organise project team to ensure structured project development and co-ordination
* Ensure project development in line with company established rules (pre-project, SOR, Safety concept, etc.)
* Implement Company HSE requirements into each contract to ensure safe working practises are carried out.
* Development of local contractors on project to promote local content and capacity
* Bachelor of engineering with minimum of 5 to 10 years relevant experience in Pipeline Projects execution and management.
* Planning and analysis skills, communication and business awareness skills, team working and leadership skills
* Experience in HSE procedures and standards.
* Knowledge of company rules and procedures ( General specification, projects tool kit, company rules)
JOB TITLE: FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER
REPORTS TO: FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER
* Define, organise, manage and control projects in construction section typically in the range of u$ 10 million annually.
* Ensures the realization of projects in construction in line with defined projects objectives viz. key dates, budgets and workability
* Plans and co-ordinates projects activities from initiation through work scope, engineering and design, tendering execution to hand over.
* Ensures performance/execution in line with company rules, guidelines and procedures.
* Liaises with government agencies and regulatory bodies for job relevant permit and acceptance.
* Liaises with and secures funding from Joint Ventures partners in collaboration with cost control and Joint Venture department and operability of facilities
* Prepare technical documentation and call for tender.
* Prepare projects estimates/budgets and plans for work
* Establish and co-ordinates the planning and progress control activities
* Participates in organising, monitoring and control of projects contract activities from contractors pre-qualification, tender preparation , tender evaluation and award
* Define, mobilise and co-ordinate various parties for execution of different stages and scope of projects.
* Representation of company in meetings, presentations with external organization which typically include host community, regulatory bodies and vendors to ensure smooth project progress.
* Analyse projects and evaluate deficiencies which might impede project execution , develop, initiate, and implement solutions
* Provide detailed project and facilities status report as custodian of such information.
* Carry out studies and reviews of jobs request, raised bid document, and fully participate in the tendering process to contract award stage with contract department.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Position is office based in Port Harcourt Company’s operational headquarters, with regular site inspection visit to monitor and ensure compliance in quality with company rules and statutory regulations and safety; sites include offshore location.
Job functions might be hampered by community related issues and as such requires excellent people handling skills
Participate in meeting
Develop HSE contract management plan for HSE critical projects.
Participate in Project HSE Audits and at least make one HSE suggestion annually.
* The position results to addition of facilities to the company’s asset within schedule time at reasonable cost which enhances the company’s operation.
* The position results to delivery of high quality jobs /product to the company by reputable contractors and thus give the company good value for its investment
* The position ensures that fit-for-purpose facility designs are achieved and implemented.
* The Position result to improvement in the company’s project management system through feedback of experience.
* The Position ensures maintaining of the integrity of company production asset thereby sustaining high production.
* Bachelor of engineering (B.Eng.) with minimum of 6 years experience in Oil and Gas sector (construction activities).
* Technical and human resources knowledge; necessary for running successful tasks within schedule and budget provision.
* Experience in HSE Procedures and standards and experience in Cost estimation will be an added advantage
* Strong IT skills useful in Project Planning and Management.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health