Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? (1005 Views)

Rep Ur School. Wah Makes U Think Ur School Is The Best In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by Adebaba1(m): 7:11pm On May 03, 2012
i am a 200l chemical engineering of unilag, am in a devastated mood ryt now. My first year performance was poor, my cgpa was 2.2. I felt rily bad buh i was determined to work hard, in my year 2 first semester, i worked hard, burnt candles in d nyt to read, sleepless nyt, attended classes regularly buh inspite of it al, my results is getting worse, the first result came out 2dae and i had a F, I read hard for the course buh yet. I dnt party, dnt av a gf, its just me and my books. I am a muslim and i pray my 5 daily prayers wel, al my frends passed the course except me. Sometimes i tink am useless, i tink am not qualified to b in engineerin. My health is deteriorating, the last tyme i checked my bp, it was 150, instead of getting high gp am getting high bp, am just confused dnt knw wat to do. I am the first born in my family and many pple r relyin on me. I just dnt knw wat to do, so confused.
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by Damchart(m): 9:36am On May 04, 2012
i we advice u to go church for and fasting i belive that god we listen to you,.
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by pass4life(m): 10:16am On May 04, 2012
My brother i will give two option, which ever you choose is up to you.

First Option is find out what others do to get the grades. I'm sure there is something they do to get the grades such as sorting among others. I know this might be against your belifs but i'm sure this one way out and the fastest way.

Second Option is to fast and pray, that is do all you prayers as usual. And as you said that you do them yet no improvement.

Whatever you choose to do is up to you. But i tell you that i was once in yoir shoe i would have chosen the 1st option but i was ignorant and i lost that degree. Now i'm doing my 2nd degree, in my finals as i rply this. So just know that there is a way out. Find out the way by choosing any of the above option.

Good luck and God speed.
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by olawalebabs(m): 12:45pm On May 04, 2012
i quite sympathize with your condition. What i'll say is, truly you are reading but are you reading the right thing? Is it more about activity rather than productivity? Analyse and assess your situation, from there you should be able to work on your weak point. Above all, keep committing yourself to God. He'll guide you aright.
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by TheArbiter: 2:18pm On May 04, 2012
[size=14pt]A quitter never wins and a winner never quits[/size].

Change ur reading strategy and find one that works for you. A true test of a good reading strategy is when u can solve basic problems easily. So test ur self once in a while wit past questions.

Download the zip file in the posted link below and play the game just for 30-60 mins each day to improve ur memory (no guarrantees):

https://www.nairaland.com/927618/improve-intelligence-quotient-iq#10724075

Goodluck

Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by TheArbiter: 1:17pm On May 13, 2012
I have access to a good ebook on how to read speedily, comprehend and retain everything in memory for longer.

If you require it, PM me using NL or follow the link below and post your email address and i'll email you a copy.

https://www.nairaland.com/936400/strictly-serious-students#10809988
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by valenlabella(f): 10:42pm On May 13, 2012
Maybe it's the way that you study; you may be studying for large amounts of time but if it's not done in an effective way unique to your learning style that may be the cause. Analyse how you take notes and your preferred learning style e.g. taking notes in bullet points or drawing mind maps? Also for essays, try formulating a structure that will enable you to address key points as well as give a detailed critical analysis of the points your'e trying to get across. Past papers are a great way of practice; the more you do the better and try varying your rescources: wide range of books, lecture notes, journals/articles etc.
All in all don't beat yourself up!! You only truly appreciate success when you realise the pain you went through to acheive it. I know you said you were muslim, for me as a christian, I constantly remind myself that when I am weak, God is His strongest, so keep diligently working towards your goals, displaying determination and focus and see success start to flow in your studies!! wink
Re: Pls Help Me, Wah Do I Do? by Buc(m): 3:33am On May 14, 2012
I know what u re feeling. I know how a poor grade affects one psychologically and physically cos am on it now, Wit just 3 semesters 2 go, i'm banking on my COs 2 cause an upset. I'm also my parent first. D idea of payin 4 grades is something i don't want 2 do cos
1. I know i'm not that bad a student. I only ve not been doing what i should do.
2. I don't take bribes and i hate giving.
3. My parents do not deserve a bad child. They re humble (poor financially) pple but, u woult believe it if we attend dsame school. They deprive themselves more 2 get my siblings and i comfortable. 2 me fueling a lecturer's car wit money i got from my parents who don't own a tyre is madness. I know how my parent earn their pay.
No matter what happens, i ve always had d feelin that my being a good man lies d key 2 my being fulfilled not d certificate, school is just an essential means not d end. U re not dull and d fact u re asking 4 help shows determination. If u can't learn on your own make friends wit good students. Cos we live in ajegunle my father locked me in 2 much cos he feared i ll turn bad, i now don't feel i really need being around pple so, i do enjoy studying alone.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News For Uniabuja / Fcet Asaba Admission 2012/2013 / University Of Regina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.