Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake (8208 Views)

Does B.u.k Accept The Combination Of Nabteb And Waec / How Do I Get The Original Waec Certificate / Can NECO And WAEC Results Be Combined For Admission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2012
NAIRALANDERS

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by monkvirus(m): 12:46pm On May 04, 2012
kunlewoye: NAIRALANDERS

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?

please i would like to know what qualifications did you used to apply for the scholarship.

And which site did you get the scholarship form from..

Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 4:56pm On May 04, 2012
@ Monkvirus,
The post is not on any scholarship. It's regarding a mistake on my WAEC certificate for my admission to universities in the UK
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by goody06(f): 5:51pm On May 04, 2012
@ [b]kunlewoye [/b]the best is to go for acknowledgement
while you make use of affidavit. To collect another one
will waste your time. if acknowledgement is not given
affidavit will definitely help you out
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 6:37pm On May 04, 2012
@goody06, thanks a lot. The issue is I don't get to request for an acknowledgement before May21 because they wouldn't attend to me yesterday because waec is on till May17 and the officials don't get back before May 21- this is slowing me down. I work as well so it's not that easy moving from Abuja down to the south-west all the time. Thanks all the same.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by goody06(f): 3:41pm On May 05, 2012
Then go for the option of affidavit
it is recognized, it is done at the
high court, you will get same date
with a token. Best of Luck
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2012
Hi goody06, I really didn't quite catch dat "you will get same date with a token" bit; could you xplain?
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by joephemzyz(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2012
@kunlewoye.........guess d token bit"..means u gotta pay aum amt of mony 4 it......cheers
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by goody06(f): 10:09am On May 07, 2012
I mean they collect token at the Court
in which you will get the affidavit
Do you now get me.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 10:40am On May 07, 2012
The problem is if we know of anyone that an affidavit has worked for. Dunno why people with that particular problem never come back on here to fill us in on how it went. I know if you go there without anything to point to the error, and they do find out, one will be banned for 10 years. Whether the same fate would be suffered by another person with documents to point it out is now the question. I have read people who went with an affidavit but didnt come back to let us know how it went.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kasperone8: 3:45pm On May 12, 2012
kunlewoye: NAIRALANDERS

It's fine for you to apply with your passport if it expires next January,you can always get another one at the Nigerian High Commission in the UK.

With regards to your certificate,I would suggest you use a notification of result if you have one.Don't send any document that will contradict what you have on your passport.As you will be probably aware,the uni will issue you a CAS and a copy of that CAS is usually sent to the UK border agency.
However,should you want to insist on using the WAEC certificate,I would suggest you include an affidavit,a letter from a notary public,a letter from your parents (Attesting to your correct date of birth) and your birth certificate in your visa application.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by kunlewoye(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2012
Well, frm wat I've heard, not going there with your original certificate leads to an amost automatic refusal. I wil be goin there with the cert, an affidavit frm d federal high court-which I already have, an acknowledgement frm waec, my old statement of result, declaration of age(made in 2005 when I cld nt find my birth cert), confirmation of result, sent directly from waec and other things that might help. I wil make sure I avoid trying to deliberately deceive anyone. I have presented the case to the schools so it's not like I hid it frm them and wil now present something else to the commission
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by chizitere1: 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
goody06:
Then go for the option of affidavit
it is recognized, it is done at the
high court, you will get same date
with a token. Best of Luck
i did that hope it works
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by campusconnect: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2015
i see that this thread started in 2012 but if you have not left for studies yet call me so i can advice accordingly or text me your number.

Campus Connections is a recruitment agency for students wishing to study abroad linking them with opportunities across the world.
Our educational services include

* Application processing into institution in UK, USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, EUROPE, ASIA and DUBAI

* Visa Counseling and Guidance etc

for enquiries
www.campusconnections-edu.com
email:lagos@campusconnections-edu.com
george.campusconnections@yahoo.com

tel: 08186775365

Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by oluwaVaz(m): 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2022
kunlewoye:
NAIRALANDERS

..how did it go bro.? I have same issue here , should I go for affidavit?
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by lindademola: 3:39am On Aug 30, 2023
oluwaVaz:
..how did it go bro.? I have same issue here , should I go for affidavit?
affidavit doesn't work. you must correct the mistake on your Waec
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by oluwaVaz(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2023
lindademola:
affidavit doesn't work. you must correct the mistake on your Waec
I Went to Waec office twice months ago ,they said that it can't be corrected that I should use affidavit to back it up.
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by jerryoladeje: 3:09am On Sep 12, 2023
oluwaVaz:

I Went to Waec office twice months ago ,they said that it can't be corrected that I should use affidavit to back it up.
affidavit doesn't work
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by jerryoladeje: 1:26am On Sep 13, 2023
angry sad
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by mrsusanoladi: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
how can I go about this wrong DOB on Waec certificate 2013, I need it to be corrected for an interview process
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by mrsusanoladi: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
angry
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by mrsusanoladi: 9:47am On Oct 29, 2023
angry angry
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by Johneducatist: 5:37am On Nov 03, 2023
angry
Re: Uk Visa And Waec Certificate Mistake by ahznigeriauk: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2023
Find a suitable and affordable UK university to study. For FREE guidance as regarding your course of choice and other questions you may have about studying in the UK from Nigeria, Find the nearest AHZ branch to you and reach out to us today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2012/13 CROWN POLY Offers Addmission Without UTME!!! / Stupidest Fish That Has No Response Even When Its Half Body Is Eaten. / University Of Lagos(unilag) 2013/2014 Admissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.