Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? (1530 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? by HerRoyalSexy(f): 3:18pm On May 06, 2012
It's really sickening for one to have a partner who tells every little thing that transpires in his/her marriage. There's this friend of mine whose hubby finds it easier to tell whatever problem he has with his wifey to his sister,he also seeks approval for everything from her and sees his sister as a standard for his wife's lifestyle. She doesn't hesitate to interfere as well,which to me i feel is sooooo wrong. If you were in my friend's shoes,how do you intend to put an end to such interference?
Re: The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? by recruitmnt: 4:02pm On May 06, 2012
No one size fits all, so your friend has to understand her hubby's nature to know the best approach,

For my kind of husband (one who respects my views/feelings), effectual communication is key. Let him know the effect this would have on the family, how it makes her feel vulnerable in front of the sister. Tell him to imagine if she (the wife) was doing the same thing to her own family, I.e. Telling them everything that goes on in the home. Lastly, the wife should make herself communicable..like I tell my hubby he can talk to me about ANYTHING,she needs to learn not to over react because some information cannot be easily processed by we women.lol. Infact, now my hubby and I jist like man-man.lol.

If her husband doesn't respect her opinions, then she could get her pastor or someone the hubby respects to talk to him. A couple having similar issues in my church got the pastor to talk to the hubby and for the 1st time the hubby realised what he was doing was wrong.
Re: The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? by drnoel: 7:19pm On May 06, 2012
HerRoyalSexy: It's really sickening for one to have a partner who tells every little thing that transpires in his/her marriage. There's this friend of mine whose hubby finds it easier to tell whatever problem he has with his wifey to his sister,he also seeks approval for everything from her and sees his sister as a standard for his wife's lifestyle. She doesn't hesitate to interfere as well,which to me i feel is sooooo wrong. If you were in my friend's shoes,how do you intend to put an end to such interference?

Oh!! that is so wrong. I know a home it almost destroyed. Infact it can destroy a home..
Re: The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? by Tgirl4real(f): 7:46pm On May 06, 2012
HerRoyalSexy: It's really sickening for one to have a partner who tells every little thing that transpires in his/her marriage. There's this friend of mine whose hubby finds it easier to tell whatever problem he has with his wifey to his sister,he also seeks approval for everything from her and sees his sister as a standard for his wife's lifestyle. She doesn't hesitate to interfere as well,which to me i feel is sooooo wrong. If you were in my friend's shoes,how do you intend to put an end to such interference?

It's sad your friend didn't discover this before marriage. He is simply immature and doesn't know what marriage is all about.

Recruitment has given a good response.
Re: The Best Way To Handle 'nosy In-laws' ??? by tasandra: 8:06pm On May 06, 2012
Op,that guy shuld get a life undecidedi just pity that woman.

(1) (Reply)

Help,she's At A Crossroad And Doesn't Know Where To Go. / Share Your Wet Dream Stories / My Younger Sister Is So Nice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.