Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? (2059 Views)

Global Dawah Day Pictures and Updates: Sharing This Beautiful Message / Tips And Points For Talking With Non-muslims (making Dawah) / The Salafi Dawah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba1234: 12:55pm On May 07, 2012
The muslim youth in Nigeria faces a crisis of faith.... They are disconnected from the deen and it looks like the deen does not have the solutions to his problems but we know it does...

It is one of my dreams to start up a truly modern, effective dawah organisation to teach real Islam to the youth and help people see the beauty of this deen... We need to also train people in the art of giving effective dawah....

We know we have the truth, lets stop hiding it in our bedrooms....

What do we need to get the proper reach? What are the messages the muslim youths need to hear? How do we reach the people who really need this message?

Let's discuss...
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by maclatunji: 2:50pm On May 07, 2012
tbaba1234: The muslim youth in Nigeria faces a crisis of faith.... They are disconnected from the deen and it looks like the deen does not have the solutions to his problems but we know it does...

It is one of my dreams to start up a truly modern, effective dawah organisation to teach real Islam to the youth and help people see the beauty of this deen... We need to also train people in the art of giving effective dawah....

What do we need to get the proper reach? What are the messages the muslim youths need to hear? How do we reach the people who really need this message?

Let's discuss...

Well, you need sincerity of purpose, a steady cashflow, an effective organisational structure, a committed foundation membership with diverse areas of expertise, corporate registration with CAC and lots of prayers. If you can get this from the start, I think you have a good chance of being successful.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba12345: 3:19pm On May 07, 2012
maclatunji:
Well, you need sincerity of purpose, a steady cashflow, an effective organisational structure, a committed foundation membership with diverse areas of expertise, corporate registration with CAC and lots of prayers. If you can get this from the start, I think you have a good chance of being successful.

If it registers as an NGO... Are Nigerian muslim willing/ready to support that kind of initiative?? Corporate or individual sponsorship is not necessarily a good idea because they will ultimately try to influence what you talk about.... unless it is self sponsored...

For a national reach, we need eloquent speakers and good writers that speak multiple languages... I think the challenge is more in southern Nigeria because of wealthy evangelicals... We must be thoroughly organised because it is impossible to compete financially.

South west then as we expand we venture into the south east and south south....

The campuses are good recruiting ground to get young, sharp muslims, teach them to answer the tough questions and the ethics of dawah. We can send people on courses outside the country to get trained maybe...

The ideas are just formulating in my head....
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba12345: 3:20pm On May 07, 2012
deleted
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by maclatunji: 3:55pm On May 07, 2012
^I think you get me wrong when I said Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Even as an NGO, you still need to register for things such as operating a bank account and basically for the government to keep an eye on you especially when it comes to financial matters. It is not for you to meet companies for sponsorship.

As for going into campuses, I think that is a bad idea. As for trying to compete with Christian evangelicals, that is also a bad idea. I know you have the spirit to teach but you must be conscious of the type of society you want to operate in- Nigeria is definitely not the west where certain things can be taken for granted.

I think your best approach is to be an open platform, teach Islam as it truly is and let people engage you from there. Trust me, you will achieve more this way than using some of the methods that you are currently considering. You can start test-running some of your ideas by starting a facebook fanpage. State your mission and vision, teach some of the things you want to share there and gradually see how people react. In addition make twitter your friend.

It pains me to add this; but you must also be security conscious. All Nigerians especially Muslims have to be mindful of their activities. We live in unfortunate times. Hence, do not give extremists on all divides be they non-Muslims or 'Muslims' the opportunity to abuse your effort(s).
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba12345: 3:58pm On May 07, 2012
^ I understand what you mean by registering with CAC...
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by BIGERBOY1: 4:09pm On May 07, 2012
You would also need a niche strategy, something to make you standout yet fulfilling your goal. There are many dawah groups doing the job mainly focusing on the entire ummah, but there is hardly any group that is mainly youth oriented focussing on the idiosyncratic needs and problems of the Nigerian youth... I think a group that can win the heart of the (educated) youths will be a hit.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by AlusiOkija: 4:10pm On May 07, 2012
tbaba1234: The muslim youth in Nigeria faces a crisis of faith.... They are disconnected from the deen and it looks like the deen does not have the solutions to his problems but we know it does...

Let's discuss...

What is Dawah?!

I just wikipedia'd that s'hit and it sounded like a call-to-battle!!

Are you niggars up to some diabolical s'hit again?! Thats how we thought Boko Haram were a simple Islamic NGO whose intention was the spread of Islam until them niggars started learning how to make bombs, fire AK-47s and blow shit the fhuck up!!

Y'all niggars better can that s'hit if it is some radical movement in the making!!

If it aint, you better make sure your agenda is clearly stated from the start and that it is open to even non muslims. The terrorists havent made things easy for muslims today so y'all had better be straight with us.

Good luck in your Dawah!

Okija Juju!! Still loves the muslim girls.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba12345: 4:15pm On May 07, 2012
Security concerns are not my worries per se... The operation will be as transparent and tightly guarded as possible... Besides all we will be doing is talking to people, distributing Qurans and dawah material... Maybe organizing debates and lectures

Social media will not get you far... the dawah must be on the ground.... Non-muslims are not looking for muslim pages on the Internet.... There is a limit to how much dawah that can be done...

I am not starting yet anyway.... I just want to gather opinions on the best way to be successful. I am not in the country but it is something i am looking at...

The prophet was stoned in taif... Verbal and physical abuse come with the territory
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by AlusiOkija: 4:31pm On May 07, 2012
When I was in Ghana, I saw the most beautiful thing ever!! My muslim girlfriend then (Shafatu) would always drag me to see it whenever it was happening.

There use to be this public session/debate between christians and muslims scholars.

It was done in like a motorpark and was the most interesting thing ever. in the end, both parties shook hands and left in peace. In the end, alot of things are gained like the misconception people have about both religions on both sides fo the divide are addressed. It was always a nice sight. I wonder if similar can be arranged here.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by tbaba12345: 4:34pm On May 07, 2012
Dawah simply means invitation to the religion.... no need to wet your pants
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by AlusiOkija: 4:44pm On May 07, 2012
tbaba12345: Dawah simply means invitation to the religion.... no need to wet your pants

I really dont give a fhcuk as long as it is not another gathering/association of radicals. Like Islam dosent have enough troubles as it stands.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by maclatunji: 6:01pm On May 07, 2012
Alusi Okija:

I really dont give a fhcuk as long as it is not another gathering/association of radicals. Like Islam dosent have enough troubles as it stands.

Oga, mind your language. Even 'Area Boys' are becoming refined these days.
Re: What Does A Dawah Organisation Need In Nigeria To Be Truly Effective?? by sino(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2012
Its a good idea, mac has really said it all, the bane of this kinds of organization is always the finance, if you can really work on how you'll finance the organization then you are good to go. There are a lot of brothers and sisters ready to work here...
I agree with mac again on the campus issue, but you can patner with the organization on ground in any campus, working with their own programmes so as to avoid conflict.

(1) (Reply)

High Quality Art Decoration For Evry Muslim Home nd Office (pocket Friendly)+pic / Understanding Of Life Before Birth In Islam / Why Do Muslims Face The East ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.