Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? (2393 Views)

T B Joshua -the Most Persecuted Pastor In Nigeria / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory" / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by revmark: 3:06pm On Mar 29, 2006
Hi there, I have a Christian Pastor friend who was persecuted in Kaduna (church and house burnt down by Muslim extremists) and fled the country.  Having spent some time as an assylum seeker overseas, he is now due to be deported back to Lagos. He claims that as a Hausa Christian, he will find it difficult to "fit in" in Lagos. Is this true?  He also claims that there is a Muslim "network" operating all over Nigeria and that he will eventually be tracked down and persecuted. Can I have an opinion from someone who lives in Lagos?  Thanks for your time.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by Seun(m): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2006
Does he have a family? Are they also abroad?

1 Like

Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by revmark: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2006
He has no family - he was an only child and his parents are deceased. He has no family or friendship contacts outside of his native Kaduna.  He will be destitute if deported, however, the Irish Government does not take this into consideration.  We have to provide some evidence that his life will be in danger from religious persecution.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by camara(f): 9:59pm On Mar 31, 2006
i don't think anybody would care if he's a christian or muslim in lagos.i have hausa friends in lagos that r christians and i also have friends that were muslims and now christian converts.nobody's killed or tracked them down.
no shakin,the guy can come back
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by revmark: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2006
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by mamaput(f): 12:14pm On Apr 01, 2006
I have never met a Nigerian that has no family.
I worked once translating interviews for asylum seekers In Germany you only had to open the newspapers to know what story people will come up with.
I one month every seeker will claim they were working for a pastor in a church and all of a sudden Muslims came and Burned down the place and bla bla bla.
But some of them had never been to Jos but found outthe name of a street in Jos.
5 people saying they lived in jos for years all of them on the same street.But non of them knew each other.

Funny story at a time all were claiming sierralone All claimed they were forced to become rebells and all claimed the same street.
But one day an asylum seeker called the house number of the Translator.
This lady was so mad and yelled at him , "What did you just call my fathers house?"
The man quickly called another house number.

This ratios have always been there for years.I do not think anyone will go looking for a small pastor.
For them to look for him he needs to have been a really great man with influence.able to move a whole masses.
But Nigeria is not yet an Islam country.
And only Muslims face a Shari court.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by Seun(m): 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2007
Funny story.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by IKEYMAN1: 12:34am On Jun 09, 2009
hmmm haha k-leg story
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by IKEYMAN1: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
hm
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by jumie(f): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2009
Is your friend truly a christian? If he is then what is he afraid of?

Howcome he has no friend or family, pastors always have a good network of pastor-friends. So what type of pastor was he?
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by Abuzola(m): 3:30pm On Jun 12, 2009
rev_mark:

Hi there, I have a Christian Pastor friend who was persecuted in Kaduna (church and house burnt down by Muslim extremists) and fled the country. Having spent some time as an assylum seeker overseas, he is now due to be deported back to Lagos. He claims that as a Hausa Christian, he will find it difficult to "fit in" in Lagos. Is this true? He also claims that there is a Muslim "network" operating all over Nigeria and that he will eventually be tracked down and persecuted. Can I have an opinion from someone who lives in Lagos? Thanks for your time.
He is a bloody liar, jos and kaduna and relatively bauchi state we have large number of hausa christian, the guy is a fraud, in lagos even 2 miles away from my house there is a hausa christian church, na by force
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by dslorgan: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2010
Sorry to say Abuzola, if you know anything about security, you will never say he will be save in Lagos or any part of the country, because no part of the country is save, including you, Nigeria do not guarantee your safety, if your family and people are killed, and you face threat to your life, you will not say he is save, if you face little of what he face, you wont conclude, many Nigeria are been assassinated secretly, even minister and people in power, how come a common man will be save. i know you don't have a future, you have already know that. No one is save in Nigeria and the Nigeria government cannot guarantee that, if your family are killed in Europe, the government and the law will stand by you, but in Nigeria, who will? nobody, they will be buried in max burial like bull shit. and every forget about you or what happen, what every you have make for many years will be destroy in one day and no government or anyone to compensate you.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by dslorgan: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2010
And to you mamaput, there is no pastor called a small pastor, for you to be a pastor you must have been standing in front of many people and for the year you have been a pastor, with time many people will know you, and if 10 people know you definitely, 10 x 10 people know you. just want to let you know there is no small pastor. if he is just an ordinary member i will accept with you, but for a pastor, there is no small pastor. that is what they say about Jesus, he was a small pastor until he was killed, the pharisee are more powerful in authorities in the Jew, but Jesus is powerful in the presence of God.
Re: Persecuted Hausa Christian Safe In Lagos? by dslorgan: 5:12pm On Aug 06, 2010
and to jumie, can the people the pastor know guarantee his protection, if they com secretly to kill him can he protect him, there are killing here and there in Nigeria and in Lagos. let say the truth, no one is save in Nigeria, even great Abiola run away, on coming back he was killed, if he have stayed in Europe, he will still be alive today.

(1) (Reply)

T.b Joshua Turn Water To Blood Of Jesus In Synagogue / Is Jelqing evil / Anita Oyakhilome's Name & Pic Removed From Rhapsody Of Realities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.