Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,709 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Watching For Christ's Return - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watching For Christ's Return (1944 Views)

Christ's Return Is Imminent / What Have You Suffered For Christ? / Is Christ's Return Imminent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43am On May 08, 2012
Watching for Christ's Return
May 8, 2012

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. . . . Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:42, 44)

Those who try to predict Christ's return may become skeptical about biblical prophecy. But this would be a sad mistake. Regardless of just when it will happen, Christ will return, for so He promised, and He cannot either lie or fail. He has repeatedly made it plain that no one can determine the date of His coming. Not even He, while in His human limitations, knew that (Mark 13:32).

Again and again He urged us to watch and be ready for His return. He did not tell us to watch for the Antichrist or the revival of Rome's empire or a great apostasy or a great revival or a world government or anything else--just for Him! Note some of His commands to do this (in addition to the two in our text):

"Take ye heed, watch and pray, for ye know not when the time is" (Mark 13:33).

"Watch ye therefore: . . . Lest coming suddenly, he find you sleeping" (Mark 13:35-36).

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 25:13).

In addition to such exhortations by the Lord Himself, the apostles also sounded similar warnings:

"Unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" (Hebrews 9:28.)

"Abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming" (1 John 2:28.)

Space limitations preclude listing others, but again in the words of Christ: "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch" (Mark 13:37). HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: Watching For Christ's Return by muyik78(m): 9:50am On May 08, 2012
thank you for reminding us, anybody can predict any thing, but we only believe in the report of the lord.
Watch and pray.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by rastamouse: 9:52am On May 08, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Watching for Christ's Return
May 8, 2012

"Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. . . . Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 24:42, 44)

Those who try to predict Christ's return may become skeptical about biblical prophecy. But this would be a sad mistake. Regardless of just when it will happen, Christ will return, for so He promised, and He cannot either lie or fail. He has repeatedly made it plain that no one can determine the date of His coming. Not even He, while in His human limitations, knew that (Mark 13:32).

Again and again He urged us to watch and be ready for His return. He did not tell us to watch for the Antichrist or the revival of Rome's empire or a great apostasy or a great revival or a world government or anything else--just for Him! Note some of His commands to do this (in addition to the two in our text):

"Take ye heed, watch and pray, for ye know not when the time is" (Mark 13:33).

"Watch ye therefore: . . . Lest coming suddenly, he find you sleeping" (Mark 13:35-36).

"Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh" (Matthew 25:13).

In addition to such exhortations by the Lord Himself, the apostles also sounded similar warnings:

"Unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation" (Hebrews 9:28.)

"Abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming" (1 John 2:28.)

Space limitations preclude listing others, but again in the words of Christ: "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch" (Mark 13:37). HMM

For more . . . .

JESUS clearly warned us that the hour that we least expect HIM, that is when HE will return. HE said that when the world shall say, we are at peace, that is when the destruction will come up. Thanks Olaa, we all need to remind ourselves of the coming danger
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2012
muyik78:

thank you for reminding us, anybody can predict any thing, but we only believe in the report of the lord.
Watch and pray.

Praise the Lord! We have believed the report of the Lord.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On May 08, 2012
rastamouse:

JESUS clearly warned us that the hour that we least expect HIM, that is when HE will return. HE said that when the world shall say, we are at peace, that is when the destruction will come up. Thanks Olaa, we all need to remind ourselves of the coming danger

Yes, it is paramount that we remind ourselves to watch and pray. If we don't watch we wouldn't be able to pray and if we don't pray we wouldn't be able to watch for long. May the Lord strengthen our weakened knees in these perilous times.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by rastamouse: 2:25pm On May 08, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, it is paramount that we remind ourselves to watch and pray. If we don't watch we wouldn't be able to pray and if we don't pray we wouldn't be able to watch for long. May the Lord strengthen our weakened knees in these perilous times.

Amen! to that my bro
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40pm On May 08, 2012
rastamouse:

Amen! to that my bro

These are indeed perilous times, so we must be vigilant and sober for the day draws near.

Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On May 13, 2012
Watching for Christ's Return

Defender's Bible Notes.

This limitation obviously must apply only to Christ in His humanity. When He became a man, leaving His outward attributes of deity in heaven, “in all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren” (Hebrews 2:17), except, of course, for sin. As a babe, He “increased in wisdom and stature” like any other human (Luke 2:52). Though, as a man, He acquired great wisdom in the Scriptures and the plan of God, the time of the end depends in some degree on human activity (e.g., Matthew 24:14), and only God in His omniscience can foresee this. In no way, however, does this compromise the deity of Christ. The problem is that we, in our finite understanding, can never comprehend fully the mystery of the divine/human nature of Christ, nor of the tri-unity of the Godhead. On some occasions, Christ clearly manifested His deity, on others His humanity.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by jmoore(m): 6:24pm On May 13, 2012
It will only climax once the gospel reaches all corners of the earth.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2012
jmoore:

It will only climax once the gospel reaches all corners of the earth.

And only God knows when that will happen.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by ijawkid(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2012
How could jesus not actually know when hÉ'll return becau§e he was in human form??

DiÐ he suffer from amnesia or because hÉ actually still didn't know b4 he descenÐed from heaven...??.

Did his been human stop him or limit his knowledge as to what he was in heaven, and what he knew b4 descending from heaven??

Íf Jesus didn't know d time when d end will come except d Father it simply means he didn't know....shikena!!!

Jesus never begged for any1 to presume because he was human then he had memory loss.....

Jesus didn't know everything....
He follows instructions too
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:10pm On May 24, 2012
ijawkid: How could jesus not actually know when hÉ'll return becau§e he was in human form??

DiÐ he suffer from amnesia or because hÉ actually still didn't know b4 he descenÐed from heaven...??.

Did his been human stop him or limit his knowledge as to what he was in heaven, and what he knew b4 descending from heaven??

Íf Jesus didn't know d time when d end will come except d Father it simply means he didn't know....shikena!!!

Jesus never begged for any1 to presume because he was human then he had memory loss.....

Watch and Pray!
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by Johndoe100(m): 4:29am On May 25, 2012
When I saw the title of this thread I nearly spilt my coffee. These people get more crazy by the day. Jesus is coming when? You gotta love loons.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2012
Jesus Christ is Coming Very Soon!

Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2012
Still watching for Christ's return.

Re: Watching For Christ's Return by plappville(f): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2012
ijawkid: How could jesus not actually know when hÉ'll return becau§e he was in human form??

Íf Jesus didn't know d time when d end will come except d Father it simply means he didn't
know....shikena!!!

I could have known that someone has already adressed Bros this question. It seem very difficult for him to anwser in the other Trinity thread.

@Op, thanks for the reminder. More of it is needed, God bless.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by FMK(m): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Still watching for Christ's return.

this is crazy
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2012
FMK:

this is crazy

May the Lord open your eyes to see.

Re: Watching For Christ's Return by FMK(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

May the Lord open your eyes to see.

your ways are not God's ones jesus used more parables to his teachings do you remember the story of lazarius and the rich man ? that is not real story but a way of teaching that same when jesus said that i will come back is not on the way that you think could be jesus is already on earth a long time
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
Jesus is coming the Jesus way not the deeperlife way.

Secondly, the deeperlife doctrine of a secret rapture is FALSE.

There is ONLY one second coming.

The great tribulation started over a thousand years ago and is ongoing , the coming of Jesus will be sudden, unexpected and noisy.
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
FMK:

your ways are not God's ones jesus used more parables to his teachings do you remember the story of lazarius and the rich man ? that is not real story but a way of teaching that same when jesus said that i will come back is not on the way that you think could be jesus is already on earth a long time

Jesus is coming for those who are looking forward to it. Before He touches down on earth there will be a catching away of the saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6aji4bdWU
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus is coming for those who are looking forward to it. Before He touches down on earth there will be a catching away of the saints.

Before he touches down on earth there will indeed be a catching away of the saints.

However this catching away of the saints is not to Heaven but back to earth for the judgement of sinners and destruction of the ungodly !!
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by FMK(m): 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

is already there
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
FMK:

is already there

Do you mean He came in 1914?
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by FMK(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Do you mean He came in 1914?

too many prophecies written in the bible are already Fulfilled eg. daniel prophecies even revelation some of facts are being fulfilled because all of them are parables 1914 can be or not i do not know real time but is already here
Re: Watching For Christ's Return by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Sep 21, 2012
grace5:

[size=13pt]
YOUR LORD JESUS SPEAKS .
Oh, Lord, people are not getting the soon sudden destruction and rapture message. Do you have words regarding this message?
Yes, my daughter, I have words. The people do not get it because they have their heads in the sand. They don’t want to take their heads out because then they would have to look around and see that things aren’t right in the world and they are never going to be because there is an antichrist system being set in place. Everything is there, it is just waiting to happen.
The people believe they are going to get Obama out of office and put Romney in. Do you have words regarding this line of thinking?
The people have always put their faith and trust in what they see and in what they believe they can do. This is no different. They believe they are going to get Obama out and put Romney in and all will be okay but this is not true. Obama will have a higher trump card than Romney. Whatever hand Romney plays Obama, by hook or crook, will come up with a higher point hand and win the game. This will cause destruction and death in the land.
What about the rapture, Lord? I know we can’t know the day or time. What do you have to say?
The rapture is right around the corner. The people have been warned and better be ready. So few are ready, though. They shun the message and fight it because they don’t want to change their lifestyle to accommodate for the rapture.
What is going to happen when the Bride is removed from the earth in the rapture?
There will be sudden destruction, a nuclear event, a solicited one will occur in the U.S. at the time of the rapture. This is what will elicit the rapture. I will not allow my Bride to be radiated or destroyed. She is Mine. I paid a high price on the cross for her and laid down my life for her. I will not allow evil men and an evil system to harm her in any way.
What will this mean for those left behind?
Those left behind will be the sorriest people on this earth. There will be great moans and groans and weeping sweeping across the earth. The earth will be in ruins because of multiple nuclear reactions across the globe, not only in the U.S. but all across the globe. The people will realize something very evil has happened. Marshall Law will be ushered in quickly to control the people because of widespread looting, robbery, and crime. People will be attacked and robbed on the streets, in their yards and in their homes. No one will be safe. There will be widespread hunger and lack of drinking water. People will become desperate and like wild animals. The world has never seen the evil that will be unleashed when the Bride is taken.
Is there a way for those left behind to be saved?
Yes, they must profess their faith in Me to authorities and refuse the RFID health care chip in their hand or forehead. They will then be arrested, tortured in FEMA camps and beheaded. These children will arrive in heaven in glory for they refused

the mark of the beast, the health care chip. I will give them each a crown with jewels for their martyrdom.[/size]
[b]
Verses I am including to go with the Lord’s words:
1 Thes. 5:1-3 NKJV ‘But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.’
Prov. 28:26 NIV “Those who trust in themselves are fools, but those who walk in wisdom are kept safe.”
Mark 13:32-33 NIV "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
Revelation 20:4 NIV “I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands.[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life Tops World Megachurches; Winners Chapel And RCCG, Others Features / RCCG Edo Province 7 Dedicates Her Church Building Today / Atheist--- Ur Explanation On Prophecy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.