Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. (1674 Views)

How To Start A Blog: Choosing The Right Topic/niche. / 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche / Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 08, 2012
Choosing the right domain name can be a hassle especially if it's the first time you're going online to create a presence for yourself or your business however in this post i will be sharing with you a few tips that i usually use to get just about the perfect domain name for my business especially when now that it seems most of the good ones have been taken.

Business Attribute.

No matter how much you are tempted to select a particular domain name, it is good when the name reflects the attributes of your business. It's easier sometimes to adopt your name for your website for example if your first and last name is JOHN LENNON. It makes perfect sense to adopt www.johnlennon.com for your website (That is if your name is not yet taken) But the odd thing about this is that domain names that adopt the wners name is usually not perfect for business. Domains like that are usually adopted for and individual's persolnal website. Especially if you're famous. Besides that, then you may have to go for a name like www.youngprepro.com or www.mrsgrapevine.com. This are perfect example of a domain names that depict what the business is all about.

2 or 3 Syllables will do.

While choosing your domain name, an understanding of speech sounds will come in handy. If you don't belive me, then just take a look at the most successful websites in the world. When you pronounce words like Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest e.t.c. You will find out that They are all two syllable words. This is not by accident. Owners of these websites all know the importance of making their domain name easy to memorise. Infact, it would stick in your head the first time your hear someone talk about it. It also makes for easy URL address typing.

2 or 3 words will do.

The truth is you will hardly find 2 or 3 syllable words available on any domain registrars list. Sometimes, searching for a perfect domain name can be a big hassle. So why don't your try out 2 or three words
Read more: http://www.gidilinks.com/2012/05/choosing-perfect-domain-name.html

Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by Nobody: 11:39am On May 11, 2012
Also check my blog for other interesting posts. grin
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by yemmytcm(m): 1:18am On May 15, 2012
How do i get a free domain name. Pls link me up
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by chidi500(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2012
www.cpanelhostng.com and www.webresellerng.com provide domain name reseller and free domain
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by tessyade: 6:09pm On May 27, 2012
Nice information but you know most of the domain names that fits your description have been chosen. Most times one have no choice than to use what is still available-i experienced this in all the websites i designed.
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by mavtrevor(m): 10:04pm On May 27, 2012
Choosing the right domain names for your blog is the first step to a successful blogging experience. Domain name is the address to your blog, so you have to rightfully choose one that will stand the taste of time and reflect you business.
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
yemmytcm: How do i get a free domain name. Pls link me up
There are no such things as a free domain name. But you might get a free sub domain name.
like www.yourname , www.yourname..com, www.yourname.blog.com e.t.c.
Re: Choosing A Perfect Domain Name. by jessitha: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2013
chipmunkey: Also check my blog for other interesting posts. grin

Thanks for your nice information. I was before very confused on how to choose a good domain name. After i read your article i got good idea to choose a good domain name. I have followed your steps then finally i have registered my domain name from this site 9cubehosting.com

(1) (Reply)

[www.spamstuff.cc] Sell Smtp, Cpanel, Shell, Rdp, Mailer, Scampage, Email Pass, / Football Betting Prediction, Livescores And Updates Website For Sale / Get Adsense Account Or Adsense Earning Course And Earn 500$ Per Day Check This 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.