Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,446 members, 7,850,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans (594 Views)

Muslims Curse Jews And Christians 17 Times Each Day As Part Of The Salat / A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 08, 2012
I was meditating (on "worship in spirit and truth" ) when I came across the story of Jesus and the woman at the well; what's the cause of the hatred between Jews and Samaritans?
Re: A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans by PastorKun(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2012
The samaritans are also Israelites but their ancestors began to worship other Gods in the Old testament hence the dislike of the Jews for them.
Re: A Question (not A Quizz) On Jews And Samaritans by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2012
Docjay487:

I was meditating (on "worship in spirit and truth" ) when I came across the story of Jesus and the woman at the well; what's the cause of the hatred between Jews and Samaritans?

The Samaritans were a group of displaced Gentiles who lived in the area of central Palestine. They were originally idolatrous and burnt their children in the fire (2 Kings 17:31). The Samaritans who were mostly of Gentile background with a mixture of Israeli blood who had become adherents of a quasi-Jewish religion that was also part pagan.

They were also Israelites who had inter-married with local pagan tribes and were seen as semi-Jews. The Jews hated them and would have no dealings with them (John 4:9).

Samaritans today are what I would call the "Christians" who have married the pagan ideologies with biblical doctrines and thereby have become quasi-Christians.

(1) (Reply)

Behold, The Sign Of The End Of The World!!! / Our Attitude In Church / Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For The Constant Rain In Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.