Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Arjen Robben Of Bayern Munich To Retire After UCL And Euro 2012 Wins - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arjen Robben Of Bayern Munich To Retire After UCL And Euro 2012 Wins (2624 Views)

Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Arjen Robben Is Better Than Lionel Messi / The 2009 Summer Football Transfer Thread(Bayern £22m Robben, Inter £13m Sneijdr) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arjen Robben Of Bayern Munich To Retire After UCL And Euro 2012 Wins by Nobody: 10:24am On May 09, 2012
[size=25pt]Robben: I promised my wife & mother I would quit football if I win Euro 2012 & the Champions League[/size]

The winger has intimated that he would end his career early if he wins top honours this season, and claimed that he would lose the Pokal final if it meant a win against Chelsea

May 7, 2012 10:50:00 AM

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has revealed that he made a promise to hang up his boots should he win the Champions League and Euro 2012.

He also claimed that claimed that the ultimate goal for his club is to claim Europe's most elite club trophy later in May, despite the Bavarians' upcoming DFB-Pokal final match against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.

The Netherlands international was adamant that the European title was the greatest prize in club football, but admitted he was focused entirely on the game against the Bundesliga champions.

“Am I focused on the Champions League final? No,” the 28-year-old told German magazine Kicker. “That game is the biggest target, but first we have the [DFB-Pokal] final against Dortmund. And in that, we'll give everything.

“But, to be honest, the Champions League title is the biggest goal for our team, for me, for the club, for everyone.
“If someone were to offer that we win the Champions League, but not the Pokal final, I'd take it immediately.”

Robben concluded the interview by sending out a warning to both his club and country: “Two years ago, I promised my wife and mother that if I were to win the Champions League and Euro 2012, I would stop playing football.”

The former Real Madrid and PSV man scored 12 goals in 24 Bundesliga appearances this term.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2012/05/07/3086413/robben-i-promised-my-wife-mother-i-would-quit-football-if-i

(1) (Reply)

Legends; The World Debat? / Blackburn Vs Manchester Utd [0 - 0] On Sunday, 11th April / Real Madrid Vs Rayo Vallecano (6 - 2) On 24th September 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.