Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! (1122 Views)

Facebook Advert And Email List Building..the Most Effective Is.....? / Pure Water Biz(Discuss) / List Building Has Just Become Easy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 9:52pm On May 09, 2012
I've noticed that people come to NL to get prospects for their businesses and that's all. There's this important but neglected subject I'd like us to discus thoroughly on this thread - List building.

I'm afraid to say this is one of the DEADLY “beginner” mistakes that will cause people to waste time and lose money… and ultimately QUIT if not handled properly!

No doubt you've heard the tired phrase "the money's in the list" This may not be exactly true but the fact is you need some way of capturing new prospects so you have the ability to go back to them multiple times to convert buyers and repeat buyers.

But let's really get clear on why you absolutely must build a list to survive. If you focus on just getting traffic, that may work for now... but your competitors are capturing leads from that traffic and converting them, so they are making more money from their traffic. which in turn means they can spend more to get it. So without a list, over time you won't even be able to afford the traffic anymore and you'd be out of business.

As an example to really get specific--if you pay $100 for traffic and make 5 sales at $25 each you have $125 sales - $100 cost so you make $25.

If your competitor does the same, but captures prospects on his list and follows them up with them, he makes 5 more sales so his revenue is $250 yet cost is still $100 so he makes $150.

Now suppose this is pay per click traffic--he could actually pay $200 for that same traffic and still make $50, but you would lose $75...so he literally can bid the traffic up so high you can't even afford it.

Your subscriber list is an asset for you--if you treat your subscribers well, it can become like a cash machine because they will happily buy your products or stuff you recommend if they like and trust you.

People I need your contributions! Hope this post has opened someone's eyes.
Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2012
It may seem outrageous to say right now, especially if you’re starting from scratch, but it isn’t all that difficult to build a large mailing list. And once you have it, the math can be dazzling. A good rule of thumb is that every subscriber on your list means about one dollar per month in affiliate income (possibly more if you sell your own products to your list). Do you see the potential?
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2012
I'm surprised no one wants to discus this important subject.

I bet even a list of 1000 people could change your life. Making an extra $1000 a month might seem like a dream right now… but a list of 1000 can easily translate into that. A list of 2500 or more might replace your day job. A list of 10000 or more can easily put you in the N1m monthly income range, or beyond.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by 2sexy(m): 10:14pm On May 10, 2012
neksummi: I'm surprised no one wants to discus this important subject.

I bet even a list of 1000 people could change your life. Making an extra $1000 a month might seem like a dream right now… but a list of 1000 can easily translate into that. A list of 2500 or more might replace your day job. A list of 10000 or more can easily put you in the N1m monthly income range, or beyond.

people are not contributing because they don't know what list building.

The want to make money online but do not know that "the money is in the list'

Already, I have a 3 part system for my business and all 3 will have an optin page to build my list. I shall use facebook ads 4dis purpose.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 8:09am On May 11, 2012
2sexy:

people are not contributing because they don't know what list building.

The want to make money online but do not know that "the money is in the list'

Already, I have a 3 part system for my business and all 3 will have an optin page to build my list. I shall use facebook ads 4dis purpose.

I agree with you. They don't know the importance. But we need to enlighten them. You can't be looking for new customers all the time. Besides a person may not buy from you at first contact. If you do not find a way of capturing his contact address, he may NEVER find his way to your website again forever. That's why you should build a list so you can sell to them in the future and make repeat sales to them over and over again.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by lexus1: 8:16am On May 11, 2012
Incredible [img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2012
As a mailing list comprises people who trust an Internet marketer’s services, it is usually a convenient venue to advertise new products to potential customers. Since users are more likely to open the marketer’s email, he can make a substantial profit from a recently released item. Whether the product is based on new software or an e-book package, sales are almost guaranteed because users willingly opted into the mailing list. Making a profit typically depends on the marketer’s ability to deliver an effective sales pitch.

We'll in the course of this thread discuss how best to build a list. Keep coming back.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 11, 2012
The money is not in the list, if it were, all spammers will be billionaires. Rather, the money is in the relationship you have with the list. Some people own email lists, but don't know how to monetize (appropriately) their lists. So owning is list doesn't necessary mean you've found a cash cow.

2 Likes

Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by 2sexy(m): 7:48pm On May 11, 2012
J12: The money is not in the list, if it were, all spammers will be billionaires. Rather, the money is in the relationship you have with the list. Some people own email lists, but don't know how to monetize (appropriately) their lists. So owning is list doesn't necessary mean you've found a cash cow.

what is a relationship without a list?
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2012
We're still contributing. We've not exhausted all that needs to be said about list building. We're going to talk about building a good relation. I doubt if spammers ever build any good relationship!
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 11, 2012
2sexy:

what is a relationship without a list?
Yeah, I understand that you can't have a relationship without a list but also, a list without a relationship is almost useless. I can freely find email lists on the web and bombard them unsolicited emails, thats spamming and its illegal. Also if, you have opt-in/double opt-in subscribers and you can't make money off them, its basically because of the relationship you have with your subscribers. So the relationship with the list matters alot.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by mkakan(m): 6:18am On May 12, 2012
The relationship with a list refers to how you treat your list and how they see you.if you help your subscribers by giving first and helping to solve their problems and tell them the truth first they will love and trust you,and buy from you. If you only ask for money or sell stuff your subscriber will have a bad impression of you.

1 Like

Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by 2sexy(m): 7:20am On May 12, 2012
mkakan: The relationship with a list refers to how you treat your list and how they see you.if you help your subscribers by giving first and helping to solve their problems and tell them the truth first they will love and trust you,and buy from you. If you only ask for money or sell stuff your subscriber will have a bad impression of you.
yeah... I know. They go together.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2012
So let us start on practical ways you can start building your list. I'm sure this article will help:

http://web-marketing-success.com/how-to-build-a-list-fast

I'll be back with more.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 10:59pm On May 13, 2012
I promised to be bringing you more about the importance of building a list. Here's another:

http://www.articlesbase.com/internet-marketing-articles/the-importance-of-list-building-for-internet-marketers-679590.html
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 10:05pm On May 14, 2012
2sexy:
nek. If you have got the cash... Roll out your own product,create your squeeze page,build a list with adwords, rinse and repeat.

I don't have time for this your style.

I MUST make at least N500,000 before the year end.

You know who recommended this stuff to me? Ewen Chia. You surely cannot say the guy is recommending nonsense. With this, you get five more leads for each one you get personally. Besides it is not the only way I'm capturing my leads.

And talking about adwords if you're not careful, you may burn your money before you understand what's going on

You can make N500k before the end of the year. I don't doubt that.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by 2sexy(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2012
neksummi:

You know who recommended this stuff to me? Ewen Chia. You surely cannot say the guy is recommending nonsense. With this, you get five more leads for each one you get personally. Besides it is not the only way I'm capturing my leads.

And talking about adwords if you're not careful, you may burn your money before you understand what's going on

You can make N500k before the end of the year. I don't doubt that.

Ewen Chai? That guy still dey alive? Lol.

Okay, now I know what you are doing. I think say na play u dey 4hia o.

Adwords? Na so dem tell you? Never accept what people tell you till you try it. As far as adwords is concerned, its the fastest way to build a list. There cheaper ways to get result if you try it. Good Copy is the key.

I am just waiting for my exam to come and go so that I can kick start the ATM. Akin Alabi made his money doing this and some other Nigerians. And that's what I will do. Besides, I have more knowledge in making money online than most people who pose as an expert but never made a dime except to sell make money online products. I got proof of earning but I will wait till I finish what I am doing.

Karlxavier didn't contact me anymore due to reasons best known to him. But I sense that he is too in a hurry. I told him that we could only start by August but the guy is in a hurry.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by dejiswaggs(m): 11:46am On May 15, 2012
2sexy:

Ewen Chai? That guy still dey alive? Lol.

Okay, now I know what you are doing. I think say na play u dey 4hia o.

Adwords? Na so dem tell you? Never accept what people tell you till you try it. As far as adwords is concerned, its the fastest way to build a list. There cheaper ways to get result if you try it. Good Copy is the key.

I am just waiting for my exam to come and go so that I can kick start the ATM. Akin Alabi made his money doing this and some other Nigerians. And that's what I will do. Besides, I have more knowledge in making money online than most people who pose as an expert but never made a dime except to sell make money online products. I got proof of earning but I will wait till I finish what I am doing.

Karlxavier didn't contact me anymore due to reasons best known to him. But I sense that he is too in a hurry. I told him that we could only start by August but the guy is in a hurry.

Guy! I feel you ohhh! I have same probs here over exam ish! I will love to link up with you so we can see what we can pull up together bro (I am very good at copywriting and a got cool kick ass idea!!) i am an Akin Alabi Fan And somthing in me is telling me that ''INTERNET BIZ GAME IS NOT WHERE IT IS EXPERTED TO BE!'' ....a lot of the so called guru have make lot of cash and i too can do it and even do it big bro! I have sent you an email.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by marcemusza: 2:01pm On May 15, 2012
Today, list building is the way to go if you want to make money online.
Not only it is very serious and professional, but it is also a solid stream of income.
Prior to create a good list of subscribers, you need to learn a lot of things before, but education is the foundation of every business don't you think? so it is just a step before we can deploy a good and solid business online.

Years ago the best way to make money online was redirecting people directly to the sales pages, now the trend is to make a list of subscribers, and this is going to be exploited for the next few years.

Just imagine, you have a list of 500 people in a particular niche, you send a broadcast message promoting something at a value of $40 (recurring)...
200 out of the 500 open the email, 150 click the link, and 100 purchase the product...

That would be 4000 dollars from a single email, that you can send once every two weeks for example. Just AMAZING...

What autoresponders are you using?
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 9:26pm On May 15, 2012
marcemusza: Today, list building is the way to go if you want to make money online.
Not only it is very serious and professional, but it is also a solid stream of income.
Prior to create a good list of subscribers, you need to learn a lot of things before, but education is the foundation of every business don't you think? so it is just a step before we can deploy a good and solid business online.

Years ago the best way to make money online was redirecting people directly to the sales pages, now the trend is to make a list of subscribers, and this is going to be exploited for the next few years.

Just imagine, you have a list of 500 people in a particular niche, you send a broadcast message promoting something at a value of $40 (recurring)...
200 out of the 500 open the email, 150 click the link, and 100 purchase the product...

That would be 4000 dollars from a single email, that you can send once every two weeks for example. Just AMAZING...

What autoresponders are you using?

I quite agree with you. I use Getresponse. For those who want to start building their list but don't have an auto-responder in mind, if you create your account via this link, you will get $30 credit for start. http://grsnip.com/pr/hHS

You need to build a good relationship with your list if you want to have success with them. Ewen Chia taught me this: One should not sell to his list too often.
If you promote too often, you're going to put yourself under pressure to find stuff to sell and you'll end up promoting junk. The schedules will be something like this: junk...junk...good product...junk...junk...good product...junk...junk etc. Before long you're going to lose credibility. Your subscribers will be blind to your recommendations because they are no more sure if what you are promoting to them is junk or good product.

Start building your list today and please, treat your subscribers well.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2012
More articles on how to build a list and building a good relationship with the list:
http://howtobuildyourlist.net/
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 7:02pm On May 16, 2012
Please I need more people to share with us how they are building their list.
Thanks.
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by mkakan(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2012
Re: Importance Of List Building Or Prospectin System: Let's Discuss! by neksummi(m): 10:15am On May 17, 2012
Thanks for you contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Dog World: Dog Owners And Breeders / What Had Been Your Experience With Onlinenaira.com? Satisfied OR Dissapointed? / How Can I Fund My Account With Bet365?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.