Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Exclusive: The 'mr Latin' Death Rumour And How It Unfolded - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Exclusive: The 'mr Latin' Death Rumour And How It Unfolded (1387 Views)

I’m Alive – Actor Odunlade Adekola Debunks Death Rumour / Comic Actors Sanyeri And Oleyo Dethrone Mr. Latin And Babasuwe As King Of Comedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive: The 'mr Latin' Death Rumour And How It Unfolded by Toonice(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2012
Following the rumours of death of popular Nollywood actor, producer and comedian, Bolaji Amusan, Ascology News was able to grab first-hand exclusive interview with the ace comedian and officials at the Federal Medical Centre, Abeokuta where reports of his death emanated.

The rumour emanated when certain nervous hospital attendants raised an alarm over the death of the actor/comedian who checked into the hospital before the death of another ‘Bolaji Amusan’ at around 3:45pm, Monday.

The attendants whose names were not released by officials at the FMC raised the alarm by spreading messages on social networks and phone messengers which also included several calls to radio stations and media houses to report the death of the actor.

It was not too long before the hospital was surrounded by an army of journalists who wanted actual confirmation of the death of the actor, this angered hospital officials who refused to talk to the Press and also barricaded offices of persons authorised to talk to the media, especially the office of the Chief Medical Director.

Speaking to Ascology News, Dr Alade Badmus of the FMC said, “Yes there were reports of the death of the well known Bolaji Amusan (Mr Latin) at our hospital but that happened not to be true, there was however the death of another Bolaji Amusa here but I don’t think that is necessary to call for journalists wanting to get details or pictures of who actually it was”.

“Be it the popular Mr Latin or any other patient for that matter, we take the security of our patients seriously and the comfort of the sorrowful family of the actual deceased very serious and therefore refused entries to journalists”. Dr Badmus added.

Another hospital official also said it is usually unlikely for such reports to filter media reports without confirmation but because the deceased person was actually in a private ward which made it difficult for access by unauthorised persons, a highly probable reason for the misrepresentation and personality confusion, saying it is unethical for those who carried out the rumour to do so because they were not authorised to do so in the first place.

The hospital's Chief Medical Director, Dr Dapo Sotiloye declined (still like previously) to comment, directing us to the Public Relations Director of the hospital who was said to be on medical leave.

After hours of incessant calls for confirmation, we were able to get in touch with a representative of the actor who gave us another reachable line which he referred to as highly confidential whilst also assuring us he has cleared the way for a phone interview to be granted to us by his employer.

Truly, we were able to get directly in touch with Mr Latin who staunchly debunked deaths of his rumour in this short but précised phone interview (below).

Bamidele Ashigbin: Hello, Am I on to Mr. Bolaji Amusan, Mr Latin?
Mr Latin: Yes, how can I help you please?

Bamidele Ashigbin: Ok evening sir, this is Dele Ashigbin and I’m calling from Ascology News.
Mr Latin: Asofology? Agbon-gun-gi abi wetin you dey talk?

Bamidele Ashigbin: Sir if you can hear me clearly, Dele Ashigbin of Ascology News on the line.

Mr Latin: I heard you, no mind me jare, please can we make this faster?

Bamidele Ashigbin: Right away!, there’s been this rumour making the rounds that you are dead, first-off, can we get a confirmation that you are alive and hearty please?

Mr Latin: Are you calling from heaven? That’s the only way you can be talking to a dead man ooo abi no be so? I am 100% alive and well.

Bamidele Ashigbin: Ok, we thank God for that. So what happened and where did the whole rumour emanated from? Actually we must take partial responsibility for breaking a report confirming your death after hospital documents at the Federal Medical Centre showed that a certain Bolaji A. Amusan has been declared dead, just barely the same time you checked into the same hospital for a medical report. All attempts to reach you and your representatives were abortive. What actually happened Mr Latin?

Mr Latin: Yes it was true I went to the FMC at Abeokuta for a medical check up but I do that all the time. My work is very demanding and I travel a lot and that is something I have to do. Actually I have called the FMC to know why they would say I am dead but they said there was another Bolaji Amusan who died yesterday but what I don’t understand is why so many calls started coming to my phone and that of my wife when I was at a location shooting a new movie by Otunba Jide Kosoko. My wife, Ronke is also a scriptwriter and was besides me so we all had to shut down our phones as the calls were disturbing our work. My Personal Assistant came to me and said Radio Stations in Ogun & Osun States said I’m dead and that people on Blackberry are spreading rumours about me but I didn’t know it was this serious since it is not the first time all of you people (the Media) always carry such rumours. My brother also works at Radio Lagos and he said he was surprised to finish his radio programme only to see over hundred missed calls. So that should tell you why we were unreachable but you the media should have checked very well before publishing the News.

Bamidele Ashigbin: We must clarify that we here at Ascology continously made it clear it was 'unconfirmed', we can't speak for other media firms or representatives however. Also, a final call made to one of your family houses in Abeokuta after none of the calls to your residence were returned confirmed rumours of your death by one Alhaji Taylor, you now understand where we (on our part) got it all wrong?

Mr Latin: Alhaji made a mistake by confirming the report to your people because he heard it also on radio that I am dead and out of the anger and shock, he gave a misleading announcement but i understand him and know he wouldn’t wish me bad luck.

Bamidele Ashigbin: Mr Latin, let us render an unreserved and sincere apology to you, everything came all knocking towards a direction no one would have ordinarily wished you and we apologise.

Mr Latin: It’s alright, just tell the world that I am not dead and anyone who thinks I’m dead should write me a blank check in my name and see if a Ghost will take it to the bank. I’m working towards a better career and I don’t even see death anytime soon.

Bamidele Ashigbin: No problem Mr Latin, we’ll surely do that. Thanks for the time, have a nice evening and have a nice life ahead.

Mr Latin: Merci Beaucoup.

Ascology News hereby withdraws its death report on the Nollywood Actor/Comedian, Mr Latin.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Rising Coming To Nigeria On October 11 / Direct Download A Resurrection 2013 Bluray / New Seasonal Film "Heroes Reborn" Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.