Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) (40339 Views)

A Horrific Accident On Badagry Expressway Today (Graphic Photos) / Julius Berger Resumes Work On Apapa-oshodi Expressway (pictures) / Current State Of Lagos-benin Expressway - (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Ogetogeo(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2012
Oh! God, is there a way to give some special governors extra time? This man needs it to really transform this state.

Hope Lagosians will see somebody good enuf to step into his shoes irrespective of part affiliation, cus if not. There might end up being more abandoned project than built.

I pray he complete ,ost b4 his time is up.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 10, 2012
papabaks: By The time this this project will be finalised, Lagos-Badagry Expressway will be pretty much like London...
All thank to BRF for utilising TAX payers money wisely...

That's how it's supposed to be.... cool
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

One day and soon, i am sure Nigerians will wake up and do the right thing . . .

hmmmm i hope so my brother
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:23pm On May 10, 2012
onyewec3: this is a world bank assisted project......if its state govt fund,
1 ..fashola would have been blowing hot.
2.does lagos have the necessary fund to execute this project(can lagos allocation build dis project)?
3.most state govt road are not contracted to big coys julius berger,CCECC ETC....if dere is any state road build by berger pls name one of dem?
4.fashola have neva been to this site(meaning he has no total control of the project.
5.lagos-badagry expressway is a federal road

Another goon, why not do some research before posting, Onye-ara as your name suggest.

Federal road that the FG has not touched even before you were born

2 Likes

Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 10, 2012
2.does lagos have the necessary fund to execute this project(can lagos allocation build dis project)?
3.most state govt road are not contracted to big coys julius berger,CCECC ETC....if dere is any state road build by berger pls name one of dem?
4.fashola have neva been to this site(meaning he has no total control of the project.

Fashola doesn't blow his own trumpet and I never heard of him using propaganda. Even if its a world bank assisted project, I would still say he is doing a good job. I am sure he has done his homework and must have met the criteria for world bank to release the funds for the project

2 Likes

Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2012
princey83:

Fashola doesn't blow his own trumpet and I never heard of him using propaganda. Even if its a world bank assisted project, I would still say he is doing a good job. I am sure he has done his homework and must have met the criteria for world bank to release the funds for the project

Are you minding the goon, Imagine giving credit to the FG when they do not even know what Lagos-Badagry express is ?
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Exponental(m): 4:31pm On May 10, 2012
I'm concern about d fate of dat project now dat world bank has removed nigeria due to waste spending.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 10, 2012

With this post of yours....you are the undisputed Standard Olodo of Nairaland (SON)

Oya Clap for yourself!

4 Likes

Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by love124(m): 4:38pm On May 10, 2012
vanstanzy: THIS GUY WILL STEAL MORE THAN IBORI. SEE WHERE DELTA MONEY GO FINISH, TRUST WOMEN NA!

This man is a mistake, a complete failure. worst than GEJ or any other person u
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On May 10, 2012
alj harem:

hmmmm i hope so my brother

I am sure Nigerians will not just sit and watch for life . . . They will wake up and take control of their destiny
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2012
Beaf: The road quality is excellent.

Actually this got me cracking, coming from Beaf grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed funny
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by aljharem(m): 4:47pm On May 10, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am sure Nigerians will not just sit and watch for life . . . They will wake up and take control of their destiny

My brother, take control of their lifes is only as good as they see Nigeria. Although I still have some hope in Nigeria but at times when you read some comments that hope drops again, then you wonder !

I hope they wake up fast !

The sufferings of Musa, Tunde and Emeka are all the same. There is no difference. I hope they all understand
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2012
To some of you people that were complaining about toll gate,road construction involve heavy cash,politics apart,it was coruption that discouraged obasanjo about the tolling idea.Even after construction the road still need to be maintained,the toll that the Ghana Highway Authority{GHA} collects is what they use to maintain there existing road.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by mikeapollo: 4:50pm On May 10, 2012
God bless Tinubu for conceptualising,originating, initiating and doing all the foundation work for this project.
This is not Fashola's work.Any ACN Governor installed by Tinubu would have done the same to continue what his godfather initiated.

I would rate a governor from how his policies affect Education and Health. Awolowo is remembered today because of Free Education and Health Services, not necessarily because he built some roads and planted flowers everywhere.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Gbawe: 4:53pm On May 10, 2012
Very important project on many fronts.

http://streetoflagos.com/tag/lagos-badagry-expressway/

Fashola: Setting The Economic Pace

On his own part, Governor Fashola, who had received so many accolades for his decision to embark on the project, reiterated the commitment of his administration to conclude the project.

He noted that the Lagos Badagry Expressway is probably the biggest civil works project going on in the country presently and would clearly redefine not only the landscape of Lagos but that of the economic relations between Nigeria and its neighbours in the sub region of West Africa.
“We have not done enough regional trade and we look more to Europe when really the opportunities are so close to us and I think infrastructure has played a limiting role because whereas you can drive to many parts of Europe and cross the borders by car, it is not that easy in this sub region,” he added.

The governor said that the project would give credence to other laudable projects like the $2 billion Lagos Energy City the state government is executing in partnership with some private sector in that axis.

Fashola, who linked a successful tourism economy to the provision of a very effective transportation system, added that the delivery of the expanded Lagos- Badagry Expressway currently being done by his administration would unlock the tourism potential of the area. Assuring that the state government is moving closer and faster to its dreams of developing an ideal society for the benefit of all, he added that his vision for Badagry is one with a fully developed tourism industry with an enormous economic development package.
Meanwhile, the benefits of the project have started to manifest as it is attracting so many investors and real estate developers into that axis, thereby pushing the value of landed property up.

The managing director/CEO of Federal Housing Authority, Architect Gemade Terver, said all over the world, developments are now being deliberately taken out of the centres of large cities such as Lagos to the peripheries to encourage a shift of population and pressure away from the facilities in city centres.

This idea, he said is behind the concept of new town development, which the FHA has adopted as one of the delivery methods for the realisation of its target of 100,000 housing units between now and 2013, saying with the commencement of work on the expansion of the Lagos-Badagry Expressway and the plan to execute a light rail project on that axis, the FHA would develop residential housing estates in Badagry.

According to him, “We will soon be forwarding to the Lagos State government, our proposal for a new town development scheme along the road. We are counting on the goodwill of the government in seeing through the proposal when we forward it”.

Amid other lofty development ongoing in that corridor, the foundation of a new refinery to be built by Gabovies Oil and Gas was recently laid in that axis.

The reason for sitting the refinery along that axis according to the Gabovies Oil and Gas boss Mr. Ganiyu Bolaji Davies, is not farfetched. He said the project when fully completed would make transportation of goods and services much easier.

Davies commended the Lagos Governor Mr. Babatunde Fashola for embarking on construction and rehabilitation of roads, especially the ongoing widening of Lagos-Badagry Expressway and construction of light rail line in that axis.
He said the project would be beneficial not only to the people of the state, but other neighbouring states and countries in the sub –region in terms of trade and commerce.

The phase one of the multi-billion naira Lagos-Badagry expressway expansion being undertaken by direct government funding, has reached 50 per cent completion.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by adetwin(m): 4:54pm On May 10, 2012
No b fashola project Na World Bank Project, Isheri Oshun Way tht is Fashola Project they no Do 4 d past 6yrs Kudos to Federal Govt.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by babaowambe: 5:03pm On May 10, 2012
that first picture was that of a chinese city , i ve seen it before somewhere i have forgotten the name,
nevertheless god bless brf and keep up the good work .eko oni baje!
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Jpearl(f): 5:13pm On May 10, 2012
Fash is working o..........weldone,lagos wil soon become nija's UK
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On May 10, 2012
Thank you Asiwaju Tinubu and ACN for giving us a leader like Fashola
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Ejine(m): 5:25pm On May 10, 2012
Awesome job! cool

My dear governor Uduaghan, you see your mate? angry
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by OLUABIA: 5:26pm On May 10, 2012
AS I WAS SAYING.. SOMEONE FROM ABIA STATE SHOULD SHOW THIS TO GOVERNOR T.A ORJI. WHAT HE DOES IN ABIA STATE IS A MOCKERY OF ROAD CONSTRUCTION.. HE CALLS IT MASSIVE ROAD CONSTRUCTION LIKE THIS ONE...THAT CAVE IN AFTER TWO DAYS RAIN..THAT IS THE KIND OF DECEIT GOIN ON IN ABIA.

1 Like

Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by lanrelagos: 5:34pm On May 10, 2012
for clarification:
The project is not solely a LAGOS affair, FG has much input as well as the World Bank.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by ijigbamigb(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2012

Brother, The IBRD will never invest in failures, they must have examined the mode of governance of the state before they invest...They have outlined those basic features they look out for in states and regions before they invest and these features form what they call the DEVELOPMENT AND GOVERNANCE PARADIGM (Accountability, Transparency, Service-Delivery etc)...They are not IDIOTS and wont just come to your state with money for you to work with. They also partner with sincere states government to develop their states.

So GIVE THE CREDITS TO WHOM IT MERITS...FASHOLA, WELL DONE
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by mikeapollo: 5:58pm On May 10, 2012
Olaisrich: To some of you people that were complaining about toll gate,road construction involve heavy cash,politics apart,it was coruption that discouraged obasanjo about the tolling idea.Even after construction the road still need to be maintained,the toll that the Ghana Highway Authority{GHA} collects is what they use to maintain there existing road.

Where and where do you know in Ghana that has 3 tollgates on a 50km road, in the same locality, each charging as high as N120/N150 per vehicle, and no VIABLE alternative roads?

Please, stop justufying inhuman policies of Fashola's govt.

Or do you want to justify the arbitray LASU fee hikes also?
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by isholabode: 6:07pm On May 10, 2012
princey83:

That's your answer above. The only concern is that building bigger roads means increase in vehicular traffic. Car ownership is going to increase hence more traffic on the road. The world is now moving on to sustainable means of transportation. The good thing is that he is atleast doing something unlike some other governors that are busy siphoning funds to their private accounts.

It won't necessarily lead to more vehicles plying the roads like that. On the brighter side, the light rail project on this same route would soak up the mass of passengers. More lanes mean an ease in the final analysis. Thumbs up to RBF.
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 10, 2012
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Rhino5dm: 6:49pm On May 10, 2012
BRF is simply the BEST. Even the rabid haters are very cold on this one. Way to GO!! Up south west cool
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by PeterKbaba: 7:31pm On May 10, 2012
isholabode:
It won't necessarily lead to more vehicles plying the roads like that. On the brighter side, the light rail project on this same route would soak up the mass of passengers. More lanes mean an ease in the final analysis. Thumbs up to RBF.

See how daft some people can be... saying a route/road that is been expanded to a 10 lane and also with a canadian/usa light rail train will curse traffic. LMAO
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by igboboy1(m): 7:41pm On May 10, 2012
vanstanzy: THIS GUY WILL STEAL MORE THAN IBORI. SEE WHERE DELTA MONEY GO FINISH, TRUST WOMEN NA!

shuoo see talkative o...guy face your lagos and BRF , make we for delta face our own with uduaghan
Re: Update On The 10-lane Lagos-badagry Expressway (pictures) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 10, 2012
PeterKbaba:

See how daft some people can be... saying a route/road that is been expanded to a 10 lane and also with a canadian/usa light rail train will curse traffic. LMAO

On the contrary, you might be the stupi.d dumb yob here. See comments below.

princey83:

That's your answer above. The only concern is that building bigger roads means increase in vehicular traffic. Car ownership is going to increase hence more traffic on the road. The world is now moving on to sustainable means of transportation. The good thing is that he is atleast doing something unlike some other governors that are busy siphoning funds to their private accounts.

Gbawe:

You have a good point but that is catered for here as well with the attached Lagos-Badagry Blue line seen in the model below and with LASU to the left.

princey83:

It's not bad if it's tolled since a rail line would be running alongside the road. It's now left for the commuters to decide if they want to use a tolled road or would rather switch to the cheaper rail transport mode. Would be very good if the train can run every 20-30minutes interval to make it attractive for commuters. I must confess, Fashola is a freak.ing genius!

It's obvious the poster doesn't know a rail is being built alongside the highway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Any Policeman Checking Vehicle Particulars Is On Illegal Duty – AIG / What Causes Overheating And How Can It Be Totally Prevented / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.