Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,427 members, 7,958,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? (1378 Views)

HELP!!! Temporary Well Paying Job VS Permanent Low Paying One / Before You Quit Your Low Paying Job Check This List / I Hate My High-paying Job. What Should I Do Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 11, 2012
am a university student in my finals and i kip hearin ''there are no jobs, even 4rm pple dat did masters''
i av dis great busines plan i want to implement in say 5yrs time, and the course am studyin in the university has absolutely nothin 2 do wiv my plan. when i graduate, am just goin to nid a job to finance my plan, until it can stand on its own.so why go through the pain of a masters degree that wil end up very useless.
plus, am tire of skul nd reading.nid ur replies.tnx.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 11, 2012
*sighs*seriously?just viewscmon guys, help a lady in distress.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by tanimola22: 7:55pm On May 11, 2012
mZ sleeq: am a university student in my finals and i kip hearin ''there are no jobs, even 4rm pple dat did masters''
i av dis great busines plan i want to implement in say 5yrs time, and the course am studyin in the university has absolutely nothin 2 do wiv my plan. when i graduate, am just goin to nid a job to finance my plan, until it can stand on its own.so why go through the pain of a masters degree that wil end up very useless.

There are very few jobs nowadays. This is the fact, and it is even more hectic for newbies, the so called presh graduates cheesy.

Notwithstanding, people still get jobs everyday in Nigeria. I know a lady who rejected Akintola Williams, Renaissance Capital and maybe NNPC for Shell. Other people on this forum can give similar stories. The stories ain't false.

Just prepare yourself very well. One of the ways of doing this is to get yourself acquainted with sample test questions and interview formats. These are very essential if your wish is to get a competitive job in Naija. Then you will need a good university grade to be called for tests and interviews. Meanwhile, start reaching out to those who currently do what you hope to do. You will learn more this way.

You can also start a professional exam in the area you hope to work. You will be competing against some of naija's smartest people for places in companies like Shell, Chevron and co.

Be set!

T22

1 Like

Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by yamakuza: 8:09pm On May 11, 2012
mZ sleeq: am a university student in my finals and i kip hearin ''there are no jobs, even 4rm pple dat did masters''

what niche is this business in, and why 5yrs?

Why not start now?

There is no guarantee that after working for 5yrs, you would have the desired capital.

Experience maybe, but capital no. At least not from the job, leaving you to explore other options you might as well explore now.

Besides, the earlier u try and fail, the earlier your eyes will clear and you'll run back and do msc/mba. The 1 or 2yrs you will spend running your own business will also look nice on your cv.

By that time, you'll also have a better idea of what you want to do with life.

1 Like

Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 11, 2012
tnx guys,dx means a lot to me,i appreciate.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by yamakuza: 10:27pm On May 11, 2012
mZ sleeq: tnx guys,dx means a lot to me,i appreciate.

yw, was hoping for answers to my 3 questions though.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by nitrogen(m): 10:28pm On May 11, 2012

Madam, abeg dont be tired of reading o, the best presently is to keep reading, get the highest level of education (if possible) and believe me, the sky will be the beginning.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by yamakuza: 10:50pm On May 11, 2012
^ Well, book isnt for everyone na?

Even Kanu now has a masters degree.
Re: Must I Go Through Masters Programme Before I Can Get A Well Paying Job? by nitrogen(m): 11:19pm On May 11, 2012
yamakuza:
^ Well, book isnt for everyone na?

Even Kanu now has a masters degree.

Of course, there are a lot of enterpreneurs that never had good level of education at first, but they did later, and bros, believe me, such enterprenuers are one in a million.

Na book dey reign now o with a bit of luck.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Does Your Current Job Relate To Your Course Of Study? / Professional Research Project Writers For MSC/BSC Project Writing Students / Which Universities Are Good In Computer Science Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.