Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

How To Upload Phpmyadmin Database To The Control Panel. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Upload Phpmyadmin Database To The Control Panel. (889 Views)

Help Phpmyadmin Showing My Blank In Wamp. / Tutorials On How To Use Phpmyadmin In Your Website Cpanel / Phpmyadmin And Dreamweaver8 Uploading Picture Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload Phpmyadmin Database To The Control Panel. by Taiwohmo: 4:35pm On May 11, 2012
Good day to everyone.
Pls I have problem uploading the database of my joomla website unto the control panel of the live site.
I zipped and exported it from the development machine and imported it to the live site's control panel but it was displaying 'No database selected' and some error messages.
Pls what should I do to resolve this issue. Are there any settings I need to adjust.
Pls help!
Thanks.
Re: How To Upload Phpmyadmin Database To The Control Panel. by soloqy: 4:43pm On May 11, 2012
If you are using PHPMyadmin, you typically export the database by clicking 'export' and select sql as the file type. Save it to your computer, go to your life phpmyadmin and click on the database, click import, browse to your system and select the previously exported sql database and click go.

It should import properly and display 'Bleep number of queries executed successfuly'.

Make sure that the joomla config file is pointing to the correct database and user details.

1 Like

Re: How To Upload Phpmyadmin Database To The Control Panel. by switchmax8: 8:45pm On May 11, 2012
1.Go to your local server and locate phpmyadmin

2.click on phpmyadmin

3.click on your data base name in the phpmyadmin

4.click on export at the top of the phpmyadmin

5.click on Go and identify where you want to save the file.

6.go to your website and click phpmyadmin

7.click the database which you have already created online

8.click import to import the database you have either saved on desktop or any other directory.

9.if it goes well it will tell you database xxxxxxxx successfull

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why On Earth Would People Compare ASP To PHP ? / Help! My Smf Forum Is Not Displaying Properly On Google Chrome Browser / Advance And Free Webmaster Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.