Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet (3237 Views)

Mtn Bis Blazing With Simple Server On Pc And Android / Etisalat Internet Modem Download Link? / Glo, Zain And Etisalat Internet Configuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by dkings101(m): 11:50pm On May 11, 2012
After much scolding, fighting, insult, rude and hyper with Starcomms & Visafone, I came to meet the Messiah of fast blazing internet speed which is ETISALAT. I am not being paid for this post but I am jst sharing my testimony. The Internet is just too fast that I get scared. Just a click and the page is up. I have browse on 5G internet platform while abroad and I can compare Etisalat to such speed.

If you are located in Ogun, Ijebu, Ibadan I would advice you to go to Etisalat (only if you see 3G on ur handphone, means you would get a fast browsing). I don't know the speed of GPRS but it is very fast. I don't think I would ever wink on any other telco stupid modem for now cos am satisfied with my surfing speed.

Etisalat ooo...una biko.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:33am On May 12, 2012
Bros abeg o, na for your village you browse wit 5G network? Abi you don dey use am already before them invent am?
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by benzion72(m): 8:31am On May 12, 2012
Me think otherwise it depend on your location. I have being trying without success to subscribe to their 1.5gig data bundle since yesterday. The response is that they are still processing. Up till now my money still they my SIM call their CSO the line is still busy. Left to me they are crap that need to be scrapped
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by Ebenezerk2: 8:59am On May 12, 2012
it depends on the area, it is blazing in my area
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by Nobody: 10:21am On May 12, 2012
@Henry or whatever you call yourself? He said compare to 5G he use when he was outside Nigeria..
You don't understand simple english and you are blabbing
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by dkings101(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2012
henryskywalker2003: Bros abeg o, na for your village you browse wit 5G network? Abi you don dey use am already before them invent am?

Malaysia browse on 5G platform and they r going on 6G for now. I came from there...so I can tell you 100%. for more info, www.tm.com.my
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by dkings101(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2012
benzion72: Me think otherwise it depend on your location. I have being trying without success to subscribe to their 1.5gig data bundle since yesterday. The response is that they are still processing. Up till now my money still they my SIM call their CSO the line is still busy. Left to me they are crap that need to be scrapped

There CSO is bleeped and crap. If you can do it ursef...better cos calling those mumu answering call, wd just be frustrating. Anyway...the internet is very fast when you are on it.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by samir101ng(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2012
dkings101: After much scolding, fighting, insult, rude and hyper with Starcomms & Visafone, I came to meet the Messiah of fast blazing internet speed which is ETISALAT. I am not being paid for this post but I am jst sharing my testimony. The Internet is just too fast that I get scared. Just a click and the page is up. I have browse on 5G internet platform while abroad and I can compare Etisalat to such speed.

If you are located in Ogun, Ijebu, Ibadan I would advice you to go to Etisalat (only if you see 3G on ur handphone, means you would get a fast browsing). I don't know the speed of GPRS but it is very fast. I don't think I would ever wink on any other telco stupid modem for now cos am satisfied with my surfing speed.

Etisalat ooo...una biko.

First and foremost, there's nothing like 5G currently in use around the world. A simple Google search and Wikipedia research will show you that. So, stop falling your hand and claiming you have used 5G. Etisalat is currently deploying a HSPA+ network which is the fastest technology currently in use by the Telecom networks followed by Airtel 3.75G. Glo has launched an LTE network (4G) but it hasn't been deployed for commercial use yet. Do some research first before posting anyhow. undecided undecided

dkings101:

Malaysia browse on 5G platform and they r going on 6G for now. I came from there...so I can tell you 100%. for more info, www.tm.com.my

I have gone through the website you posted and no where was 5G or 6G mentioned. Even made a search on their site and nothing. You are confusing the use of FTTH (Fiber To The Home) Technology for 5G/6G. If the Telecom networks where able to provide the true speeds of their technology, Nigeria has nothing to fear from other countries like Malaysia.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:36pm On May 15, 2012
@fados4sure. Wht I love about simpletons like you is that whenever anyone comes and spews anything to you and tells you that he/she is foreign based, you accept it as the gospel truth without confirmation, forgeting that the internet has made the world a global village hence, you don't need to leave ur house to know what is happening elsewhere. Not to digress too much, let me educate you a bit in telecomm goings around the world. Currently, the fastest network you can get is the LTE networks (informally called 4G but not really 4G though cos it didn't meet all the specs of 4G. Also, Mobile WIMAX is also a 4G network). Phones are just being released that can operate on such networks by Motorola, BB and Samsung starting Q4 2011. AT&T of america is still upgrading to it and have LTE in SOME not ALL of their coverage areas. So, are you telling me that Malayasia is so far ahead that they are upgrading to 6G when the ppl that invented the whole shenigans are yet to invent 5G (according to wikipedia, 5G is going to be implemented around 2020)? It's people like you that usually fall for GSM networks and ISPs adverts claiming cheap broadband speeds. How many of their subscribers can boast of a typical broadband speed at any given time? (Average broadband speeds in countries like UK, USA and Canada are between 7-21mbps download speed without any accelerators. Heck, my friend in Canada downlads his linux iso files of 2gb in minutes). Next time, before you post rubbish to back some silly post (ie if you are not even the same person as the OP) do some research and stay within reasonable limits. Not everyone on NL is a fool you know?

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2012
P.S. Please note that I'm not trying to knock on Etisalat cos I myself use their network and I agree it is quite fast within my area. Even on the gprs, I do hit download speeds of 52kbps. But I can never claim them to be as fast as a 3G network should be. Heck, no network in naija can claim that.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 15, 2012
Its really the fastest network in my state: anambra. They deserve an award, only that the data runs out very fast.
grin grin
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by plentykola(m): 12:02am On May 16, 2012
samir101ng:

First and foremost, there's nothing like 5G currently in use around the world. A simple Google search and Wikipedia research will show you that. So, stop falling your hand and claiming you have used 5G. Etisalat is currently deploying a HSPA+ network which is the fastest technology currently in use by the Telecom networks followed by Airtel 3.75G. Glo has launched an LTE network (4G) but it hasn't been deployed for commercial use yet. Do some research first before posting anyhow. undecided undecided

I have gone through the website you posted and no where was 5G or 6G mentioned. Even made a search on their site and nothing. You are confusing the use of FTTH (Fiber To The Home) Technology for 5G/6G. If the Telecom networks where able to provide the true speeds of their technology, Nigeria has nothing to fear from other countries like Malaysia.
guy korea has been planning to get 5g dis year since 2008 so go and search ur google again u will see there is 5g or maybe u are using nigeria made google
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by samir101ng(m): 9:29am On May 16, 2012
plenty kola: guy korea has been planning to get 5g dis year since 2008 so go and search ur google again u will see there is 5g or maybe u are using nigeria made google

Dude,

We are talking about actual network implementation. Not some tests conducted in a lab or research work. How many people do you even know with 4G or LTE devices ?? And please give us a link to an ISP that is current;y rolling out 5G in Korea. Plus South Korea has an extensive Fiber Backbone and rely on it mainly for their connections and not Mobile Broadband/Telecoms. You guys better wake up and stop running your mouths. Seek Knowledge. An ADSL/Cable connection will give you faster speeds than a mobile broadband connection. Its only here in Africa without a Fixed Infrastructure that we believe Mobile Operators are all that.

**smh undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2012
@samir101ng, guy I think it's time we just left them to their devices jare, since dem no wan learn when being taught nor do a simple research. Even if I get links and put them up here, I bet you that they won't bother to visit it. When big networks in the U.S. like AT&T and Verizon are still rolling out their LTE services and others are yet to start, na Korea and Malaysia wey go come dey on 5G and 6G. How many phones fit operate on LTE networks sef currently. Do a research and you'll probably get nothing more than 15 at most. Nonsense.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by samir101ng(m): 11:31am On May 16, 2012
henryskywalker2003: @samir101ng, guy I think it's time we just left them to their devices jare, since dem no wan learn when being taught nor do a simple research. Even if I get links and put them up here, I bet you that they won't bother to visit it. When big networks in the U.S. like AT&T and Verizon are still rolling out their LTE services and others are yet to start, na Korea and Malaysia wey go come dey on 5G and 6G. How many phones fit operate on LTE networks sef currently. Do a research and you'll probably get nothing more than 15 at most. Nonsense.

My brother i tire o !!! embarassed embarassed

Even with the internet at their finger tips they don't want to learn. People just come here and start shout 5G and 6G as if its beans. Well to each his own. End of discussion on that matter.

Back to the topic, Etisalat NG as you know is currently deploying the fastest network in Nigeria HSPA+.

[b]HSPA+, or Evolved High-Speed Packet Access, is a technical standard for wireless, broadband telecommunication. HSPA+ enhances the widely used WCDMA based 3G networks with higher speeds for the end user that are comparable to the newer LTE networks. HSPA+ was first defined in the technical standard 3GPP release 7 and expanded further in later releases.

HSPA+ provides an evolution of High Speed Packet Access and provides data rates up to 168 Megabits per second (Mbit/s) to the mobile device and 22 Mbit/s from the mobile device. Technically these are achieved through the use of a multiple-antenna technique known as MIMO (for “multiple-input and multiple-output”) and higher order modulation (64QAM) or combining multiple cells into one with a technique known as Dual-Cell_HSDPA.

The 168 Mbit/s and 22 Mbit/s represent theoretical peak speeds. The actual speed for a user will be lower. In general, HSPA+ offer higher bitrates only in very good radio conditions (very close to cell tower) or if the terminal and network both support either MIMO or Dual-Cell_HSDPA, which effectively use two parallel transmit channels with different technical implementations.

The higher 168Mbps speeds are achieved by using multiple carriers with Dual-Cell_HSDPA and MIMO together simultaneously. [1][2]

The technology also delivers significant battery life improvements and dramatically quicker wake-from-idle time - delivering a true always-on connection. HSPA+ should not be confused with LTE, which uses a new air interface based on OFDMA technology. HSPA+ is an evolution of HSPA that upgrades the existing 3G network and provides a cheap way for telecom operators to migrate towards 4G speeds without deploying a new radio interface. [3][/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolved_HSPA

http://www.businessdayonline.com/New/index.php/pdf/phocadownload/images/templates/pdf/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34322:etisalat-demands-additional-spectrum-for-lte-migration&catid=77:telecoms&Itemid=531

http://www.brandworknigeria.com/newsdetail.php?id=3218

Followed closely after Etisalat is Airtel also with a 3.75G network. However, Etisalat is the only network with a modem that can support all the higher speeds its network supports. Most USB modems offered by the GSM operators for their mobile internet plans are 3.6Mbps. A few are 7.2Mbps. Its with a 7.2Mbps modem and good 3G signal can you enjoy killer speeds on any network. But guess what ??! Etisalat NG is selling the Huawei E367 for N9500 with a connection speed of 28.8Mbps shocked shocked shocked.

Now imagine that powerful modem unleashed on an HSPA+ network or even a normal MTN 3.5G network, the speeds are gonna be out of this world. However, don't always forget, a good 3G signal from a close base station is always a necessary factor. Plus the number of users currently activ on that base station also affects your connection speed.
Re: Etisalat Internet - Blazing Fast Internet by blingzzy: 12:29pm On May 24, 2012
dkings101: After much scolding, fighting, insult, rude and hyper with Starcomms & Visafone, I came to meet the Messiah of fast blazing internet speed which is ETISALAT. I am not being paid for this post but I am jst sharing my testimony. The Internet is just too fast that I get scared. Just a click and the page is up. I have browse on 5G internet platform while abroad and I can compare Etisalat to such speed.

Etisalat ooo...una biko.

dkings please am a member here before i traveled to malaysia..please i need shipping tracking site and banking also. this is my email cute4reail@yahooo.com or cuteossy4sure@yahoo.com or can have you phone and email address please waiting to hear from you...we'v got business to do my guy some guys here will be interested for that okay....am tryinh to send you personal message here but i couldn't find one thats why am posting it here

(1) (Reply)

How To Copy Video Files From Computer To Cd\dvd. How Is It Done? / Hewlett Packard [HP] : Still As Good As Before??? / How To Hack Hitv And Dstv And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.