Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! (1398 Views)

Sammie Okposo Renounces COSON Membership / Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Founder Is Married / ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by KOURTNEYK: 10:58am On May 12, 2012
Re: Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by peter2012: 1:58pm On May 12, 2012
is just because of huge US Tax.
Eduardo Saverin holds 4% of the stake estimated to be about $3.84 billion dollars(Facebook as whole is estimated $96Billion). Eduardo was born in brazil but is resident in Singapore. Eduardo denounce his U.S. Citizen.

If Eduardo maintains his U.S. Citizen, he will be paying $1.2billion of the $3.84billion on Taxes at 30% capital gains. But now that he ronounced his U.S. Citizen, he will be paying less than $400 Million.

http://www.gistnaija.com/2012/05/eduardo-saverin-facebook-co-founder-and.html
Re: Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by tpia5: 4:13pm On May 12, 2012
i dont think 99.9% of nigerians would do this, though funny enough I checked the list and did find a nigerian name there.

as per the facebook founder, it seems he moved to the US in 1993 or so [not sure], got the citizenship around 1996, and since he's so rich, i guess he doesnt need it.

he's originally from brazil.
Re: Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by Callotti: 4:36pm On May 12, 2012
Not a wise move.
But understandable.
Hope he does not live to regret it.
Nothing lasts for ever. kiss

Eduardo Saverin was born in São Paulo, Brazil, to a wealthy Jewish Brazilian family,[10][11][12][13] and was raised in Miami, Florida. Eduardo's father was a Brazilian industrialist working in export, clothing, shipping, and real estate.[14]

By 1993, Saverin's father had become wealthy, and in 1993 it was discovered that his son Eduardo´s name had been placed on a list of kidnapping victims by gangs specializing in kidnapping for ransom. As a result, the family moved to Miami to find a safer place to live. Saverin attended Gulliver Preparatory School in Miami, and went on to Harvard University, where he was a member of the Phoenix S.K. Club as well as president of the Harvard Investment Association. While an undergraduate at Harvard, Saverin took advantage of Brazil's lax insider trading regulations and made $300,000 via strategic investments in the oil industry.[15][14][16] In 2006, Saverin graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a bachelor's degree in economics. He is a member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity (Eta Psi chapter of Harvard University).

Saverin has lived in Singapore since 2009.[17][18] In September 2011, he renounced his U.S. citizenship before the Facebook IPO; the citizenship change may reduce the capital gains taxes Saverin pays after the IPO.[6]

Oh well! He is a naturalized citizen. . . Then I MOST CERTAINLY WOULD! He was not born an American. . . but a Brazillian! HE ALREADY HAS A COUNTRY! kiss
Good move. . .now I have the FACTS!
With that amount of money. . . he can live ANYWHERE in the world.
America has nothing to offer him at this stage. . . .
He can still remain a visiting 'permanent resident'!

GOOD MOVE!!!! kiss
Re: Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by flashit(f): 3:10am On May 13, 2012
Public forum wahala! So Nairaland dey corrupted like naija also? You go fear who collect bribe for pyscho camp to let this 'weres' out on break!

1 Like

Re: Wow Would You Do This?? Facebook Founder Renounces Us Citizenship! by leadz: 5:00pm On May 13, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Zac Efron Covers Backstage Magazine / I Want To Have 7 Kids-Desmond Elliot / 'they're Going To Kill Me,' Michael Jackson Told Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.