Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, (1878 Views)

Open Invitation To All Aspiring And Current Home Builders On Nairaland / Construction Of Six Unit Of 2 Bedroom Flat At Lekki Ajah Lagos State. / Real Estate In Nigeria: What Is It Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, by seankola(m): 12:32am On May 13, 2012
[b]

If you’ve been considering real estate as a career, or you've just gotten started, you can make a difference in your probability and success in the real estate profession. As a beginner, a lot would have been said about the real estate business and believe me; none should hinder you from getting started as one. After all, you're helping people in what is usually the largest financial transaction of their lives. That's not to mention the emotional impact of changing homes that may be in completely different areas of the country, or even the world. Real estate can be a very rewarding career choice for just about anyone. So why not you?

Pursuing a career as a real estate agent means you are an entrepreneur that loves to work alone. Many agents love the "helping people" aspect, while others want to exercise their independence and be their own boss. As most real estate agents and brokers are independent contractors, they're able to set their own work schedules and build their businesses in the ways that they want. Some of the old "real estate sayings" that many new real estate agents take to heart are no longer as true as they were before the social media and the internet. Right now, many agents are learning to engage more aggressive means of marketing their properties.

So all you need is the right guide on secrets about how to start your new business with the lowest risk of failure.

1. First Understand That You Don't Have To Be Good At "Sales."
You don't need to be a "salesman.” This is primarily a service business, and serving your clients well will contribute to your success. I've never considered myself as a salesman, and I have never "sold" a person a home. There are ways to present yourself and handle your business that will separate you from the "pushy real estate sales person" image.

2. Think Small for Big Real Estate Agent Business Success
Thinking small doesn't mean not planning for growth and success in this article. It's about understanding your status as an independent contractor and setting up your business practice and marketing to maintain your business as yours and portable.

3. Sharpen Your Mental and Real Estate Skills
Those entering the field of real estate have quite varied backgrounds and skill sets. Motivation and opportunities also determine the momentum just as in any entrepreneurial engagement. What should motivate an estate agent is not letting down others i.e. colleagues and clients. This is just a tip on how begin building the skill set for the profession because in the light of the high unemployment, many agents perceive a real estate career as a lucrative venture, yielding excellent compensation for working when and how they want and ignoring the associated risks for new agent income, as well as why many don't make it in the business.

For more info: Join ‘The Real Estate Exchangers and Agents Group’ on Face Book.

If you don't take anything else away from the group discussion, keep top-level in your thinking that your real estate career is a business. It takes commitment and investment of effort, time, and money to build a successful real estate business. That's whether you remain a "one person show" or if you start a brokerage with agents later.

wink
Re: To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, by seankola(m): 6:08am On Feb 13, 2013
seankola: [b]

If you’ve been considering real estate as a career, or you've just gotten started, you can make a difference in your probability and success in the real estate profession. As a beginner, a lot would have been said about the real estate business and believe me; none should hinder you from getting started as one. After all, you're helping people in what is usually the largest financial transaction of their lives. That's not to mention the emotional impact of changing homes that may be in completely different areas of the country, or even the world. Real estate can be a very rewarding career choice for just about anyone. So why not you?

Pursuing a career as a real estate agent means you are an entrepreneur that loves to work alone. Many agents love the "helping people" aspect, while others want to exercise their independence and be their own boss. As most real estate agents and brokers are independent contractors, they're able to set their own work schedules and build their businesses in the ways that they want. Some of the old "real estate sayings" that many new real estate agents take to heart are no longer as true as they were before the social media and the internet. Right now, many agents are learning to engage more aggressive means of marketing their properties.

So all you need is the right guide on secrets about how to start your new business with the lowest risk of failure.

1. First Understand That You Don't Have To Be Good At "Sales."
You don't need to be a "salesman.” This is primarily a service business, and serving your clients well will contribute to your success. I've never considered myself as a salesman, and I have never "sold" a person a home. There are ways to present yourself and handle your business that will separate you from the "pushy real estate sales person" image.

2. Think Small for Big Real Estate Agent Business Success
Thinking small doesn't mean not planning for growth and success in this article. It's about understanding your status as an independent contractor and setting up your business practice and marketing to maintain your business as yours and portable.

3. Sharpen Your Mental and Real Estate Skills
Those entering the field of real estate have quite varied backgrounds and skill sets. Motivation and opportunities also determine the momentum just as in any entrepreneurial engagement. What should motivate an estate agent is not letting down others i.e. colleagues and clients. This is just a tip on how begin building the skill set for the profession because in the light of the high unemployment, many agents perceive a real estate career as a lucrative venture, yielding excellent compensation for working when and how they want and ignoring the associated risks for new agent income, as well as why many don't make it in the business.

If you don't take anything else away from the group discussion, keep top-level in your thinking that your real estate career is a business. It takes commitment and investment of effort, time, and money to build a successful real estate business. That's whether you remain a "one person show" or if you start a brokerage with agents later.

wink

THE LAGOS REAL ESTATE TRANSACTION DEPARTMENT PREPARES TO DEBUT

Dear Colleagues,

I got wind of the official existence of the newly established Lagos State Real Estate Transaction Department (LASRETRAD) today.

The Lagos State Real Estate Transaction Department (LASRETRAD) responsibilities include but not limited to the following:

a) Sensitize the public about estate agency and attendant rules, risks and benefits;
b) Keep a register of qualified Estate Agency Practitioners who voluntarily register with the Department;
c) Ensure protection of citizens from illegal trade practices:
d) Create a forum for affected members of society to lodge complaints against unscrupulous agents;
e) Monitor compliance with the Lagos State Tenancy Law, Criminal Law and other legislation on Land transaction; and
f) Prosecute agents suspected of having violated the applicable laws.
http://lasretrad.com/
Re: To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, by BrianMitchell: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2013
Thanks for the information on investing in real estate. I am looking for the experts who helps me completely for buying property.
Re: To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, by seankola(m): 7:19am On Apr 29, 2013
Brian Mitchell: Thanks for the information on investing in real estate. I am looking for the experts who helps me completely for buying property.

You can send your preferences to lagosrealestatebroker@gmail.com for further discussion.
Re: To All Aspiring Real Estate Entrepreneurs In Lagos State, by code1: 3:02am On Sep 01, 2013
Premier Fortune Properties Ltd,

LAND AND HOUSES FOR SALE:

A PLOT OF LAND AT LANRE IGANDO, 3.5 MILLION NAIRA, TITLE: C OF O, SURVEY UNDER PROCESSING.
A PLOT OF LAND AT JIMOH AKOWONJO WITH A ROLL OF SHOPS ON IT, 10 MILLION NAIRA, TITLE: REGISTERED CONVEYANCE AND RECEIPT
A PLOT OF LAND AT MUFTAU ADEYEMI ALONG ORELOPE EGBEDA, TITLE: C OF O
A PLOT OF LAND AT ABESAN, 4 MILLION, TITLE: RECEIPT AND SURVEY
HALF PLOT OF LAND AT IGANDO 2.5 MILLION, TITLE: RECEIPT AND SURVEY

HOUSE FOR SALE:

A BUNGALOW ON TWO PLOT OF LAND AT EGBEDA 40 MILLION NAIRA ASKING PRICE....TITLE: REG CONVEYANCE AND SURVEY.
A DUPLEX AT GOWON ESTATE 25 MILLION TITLE: REG CONVEYANCE,
A 3 BEDROOM FLAT AT GOWON ESTATE: 3 MILLION NAIRA TITLE: REG CONVEYANCE AND RECEIPT.
A PLOT OF LAND AT GEMADE ESTATE 15M with receipt and register conveyyance
one and half plot of land at moshalshi water 19m asking with register conveyance c/o under processing

TO LET: (AT EGBEDA, AKOWONJO, IGANDO AND IYANA IPAJA RESPECTIVELY)

A STOREY BUILDING 4 FLATS GOOD FOR HOSPITAL @ LANRE IGANDO....
MINI FLAT @ OKUNOLA 170,000 NAIRA TWO YEARS.....
MINIFLAT @ ORELOPE 170,000 NAIRA ONE AND HALF YEARS....
MINI FLAT @ IDOWU EGBA IGANDO..... 150,000 NAIRA ONE AND HALF YEARS
TWO BEDROOM FLAT AT OKUNOLA 270,000 NAIRA ONE YEAR
TWO BEDROOM FLAT MUFTAU ADEYEMI 200,000 NAIRA TWO YEARS.
A ROOM SELF CONTAIN AT MICON BUS STOP. 80,000 NAIRA ONE AND HALF YEARS
3 BEDROOM FLAT AT EGBEDA 200,000 NAIRA, ANOTHER 3 BEDROOM FLAT 300,000 NAIRA.
mini flat @ arida 200,000 one and half years.
A ROOM SELF AT EGBEDA GREAN LAND 100,000 ONE HALF YEARS
BIG SHOP TO LET ALONG THE ROAD JUST LIKE WEAR HOUSE WITH TOILET @ MICOM 800,000 FIVE YEARS
SHOP TO LET GOOD FOR RESTORANT @ MICON 8 THOUSAND NAIRA

CONTACT AGENTS: MIKE DAYANMO
OFFICE ADRESS EGBEDA

(1) (Reply)

To All Quantity Surveyors Bill Of Quantity For A 4 Bedroom Duplex Required / RSC, Miniflat, Flat And Duplex To Let In Palmgrove, Ilupeju, Pedro,surulere / Electrical Switches and Sockets: ABB, Legrand & Perkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.