Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

jhgfxxcnmlop - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / jhgfxxcnmlop (1589 Views)

Why Do Women Think They Are Always Right? / Can I Divorse Her, Cause We Dont Have Child And We Are Not Compatible? / I Want Her To Be My Wife But My Dad Says We're Not Compatible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 13, 2012
Jjkbfddxvmlkk
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by mazaje(m): 9:20pm On May 13, 2012
Will her education matter if he was very rich? I don't think it will matter. . .Will she feel uncomfortable if his take home pay was 1 million naira every month?. . .My friend who has a HND in Civil Engineering is married to a lady with a masters degree from Scotland. . .He is very rich and as such it didn't matter, a footballer friend of mine is also married to a girl that has a masters degree from England, he only attended secondary school but because he plays for a big club in Belgium it didn't matter. . .A person with a HND is very educated as long as Nigeria is concerned. . .

As for getting a PHD she should chill, when she gets married she can start the PHD unless if she doesn't have any plans of getting married at all then she can go ahead and do it or if she has plans of doing abroad. . .I have 2 cousins and 1 close friend ages 30-33 who have PHDs abroad came back to Nigeria and men are literally running away from them in Nigeria. . .No body wants to get close to them talk more of trying marry them. . .My cousin who is 32 is now planning on going back to Luxembourg where she obtained her PHD to be with her Cameronain guy who they schooled together hoping he will marry her cos she has given up on Nigerian men, she was actually going out with a lawyer that works in CBN but for some reasons he ran away, later she told me she heard him telling people that her can't marry her because she has a PHD, works in the University and earns more than him. . .Any guy that knows she has a PHD will just run as if its a curse. . .In Nigeria achievements like this are better obtained in your husbands house because of how people reason. . .

4 Likes

Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 13, 2012
But hnd in nigeria are hardly recognized,dey are always workin in banks and other places where they will be surbodinates,then again hnd graduates are always marginalized in regards to getin a gud job,but anyway thanks 4 d contribution
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by mazaje(m): 9:40pm On May 13, 2012
kulyie: But hnd in nigeria are hardly recognized,dey are always workin in banks and other places where they will be surbodinates,then again hnd graduates are always marginalized in regards to getin a gud job,but anyway thanks 4 d contribution

He can further his education. . .People with HND end up with PHD, it is very possible, many people with HND get good jobs, many become rich. . .He should be good at what ever he does and hope for luck cos that is all that matters. . . .
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by moremi2008(m): 10:05pm On May 13, 2012
If educational achievement is very important to your friend, then she needs to proceed with caution. The truth is that this man's educational status is unlikely to change and if this bothers your friend, then she needs to either find a way to become comfortable with it or move on. Even if she gets comfortable with her boyfriend's educational level, there is no guarantee that her boyfriend won't have ego-issues with her degrees. Some men end up resenting their wives' accomplishments and that is always a recipe for an unhappy marriage. Please tell your friend to look well before she leaps. This isn't a trivial issue to be glossed over because of impatience.

PS - Please, don't listen to anybody that tells you a PhD chases men away. A PhD (or any type of accomplishment) only chases bad quality, under-achieving men with ego-issues away. Overall, that's a good thing for a high-achieving lady because the quality of men that approach her will increase drastically. Besides, I know happily married women who have PhDs or were in PhD programs when they got married (and their husbands tend to be either PhDs themselves or also very highly educated). Tell your friend to pursue her dreams to her heart's content! Her true husband will find her while she's pursuing those dreams and love her for it! grin
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 13, 2012
So it took her a year to realize they are educationally miles apart? She's not serious. If you have standards better stick to it, every other thing is medicine after death.
Anyway I think his annoyance is he has to wait for her to get done with the Phd program before she wishes to get married, not that he's threatened by a female and her degrees. Erhmm tell your friend degrees can wait. But they have to reach an agreement that she continues her education after marriage. If he intends to marry within 2yrs, she needs to see evidence he's prepared towards it. I'll advice her to keep on with her plans though for now. Tomorrow he might change mouth.
Nevertheless I'm skeptical about him saying he'd further his education. Don't know why. Men can lie. lipsrsealed grin Tomorrow they would say they want to 'hustle' instead. Anyway, is he that good with the engineering thing he's doing? Check his results abeg. grin If he is, there's hope he might further. tongue
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 7:06am On May 14, 2012
Thanks folks,am very grateful
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by feminineA: 9:15am On May 14, 2012
I don't know why we women attach importance to things of less importance. A man loves you so much and you are feeling uncomfortable becoz of certificates? My hubby finished school with a 2-2 yet I finished with an enviable Bsc with a masters abroad yet I married him like that and am happy with my man. It has never been a bone of contention between us. Ours is still better, some married with lower degrees and they are happy the major thing is your happiness o not degree. So far your man develops himself no problem
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by cindylee: 1:43pm On May 14, 2012
If he is ambitious then no problem. I only have issues with people who have no ambition and just content with what they have and are so laid back in life. My sister got married to a man with OND but working in an oil company. Now he has a masters degree and has climbed up in the coy where he is working.

If he doesn't have goals in life, abeg leave am. Water get level
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 14, 2012
Time and tide waits for no man, the lady in question should be very careful because she needs to make hays while the sun shines. She should listen to this guy in question if he truly loves her. If she continues to dwell on educational qualification she will be surprised that cannot guarantee a better husband in the future.
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Daresh(f): 11:24pm On May 14, 2012
kulyie: But hnd in nigeria are hardly recognized,dey are always workin in banks and other places where they will be surbodinates,then again hnd graduates are always marginalized in regards to getin a gud job,but anyway thanks 4 d contribution

Not necessarily true. Both my brothers have HNDs and are doing very well in the IT field. Neither of them has ever worked in a bank and my big brother has a masters degree. I dont see the reason for her hold up. She's fronting now some sharp young girl will soon snatch him up.
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Mustay(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2012
I support @Daresh too. It's how you make the most out of your qualifications that matter.

It appears this lady in question is living in a 'confirmation bias' state of mind. She seems to be in the search for the so-called 'education gap' that would further widen her relationship gap. Let them have a talk over it I'd suggest and let her express her 'fears' to the man and from there both of them should decide if they're or they can cope with this seeming 'inferiority complex' in their relationship. It seems some people are yet to realise that marriage doesn't need GCE or PhD qualifications, it's the co-operation and will of both parties to make two to tango that matters.
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Dantedasz(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
LOL!
Re: jhgfxxcnmlop by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
What happened to Moremi2008 and richkvnt, I miss their posts

(1) (Reply)

Can You Tell Your Spouse Your Salary? / I Am Separating With My Wife And We Both Have A Child / 20 Things Must Do At Age 30 To Benefit Your Life At 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.