Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Job Oportunities Of A Computer Scientist That Wants To Work In An OIL COMPANY! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Job Oportunities Of A Computer Scientist That Wants To Work In An OIL COMPANY! (1820 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / He Wants To Quit His Job As A Chemical Scientist For Music.Pls Advice Him! / Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Job Oportunities Of A Computer Scientist That Wants To Work In An OIL COMPANY! by ceazar: 4:36pm On May 14, 2012
[b]Please [/b]can anyone explain the various roles available for a computer scientist that wants to work in an oil company.
First of all i know that there would be the internal IT department (department that manages all internal computers and inter-networking communication between staffs)
But what i don't really know is the other job aspects in oil companies that require people with advanced computer knowledge to execute.
So can anyone with good knowledge of the oil industry list the various jobs in an oil company that require an advanced computer scientist and their requirements.

1 Like

Re: Job Oportunities Of A Computer Scientist That Wants To Work In An OIL COMPANY! by sholasys: 8:26pm On May 15, 2012
i dont actually understand your question and what you mean by "an advanced computer scientist" but if I may guess what you want i would say you can work in almost every aspect of oil industry. you can be a project manager, field engineer, network system support, procurement, quality dept safety etc. You need to have a skill, try and get certified in any area of your talent. You can do SAP training,Sixsigma training, PMP, You can go for your master degree too or you can be lucky and entered as a trainee

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Guaranty Trust Bank: Would You Rather Work With Them? (A Victimised Former Staff / Bead Never goes out of fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.