Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Catfish Farm In Akure - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Catfish Farm In Akure (3421 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catfish Farm In Akure by Blazemortimer(m): 12:55am On May 16, 2012
I just started a catfish farm in Akure, its going on very smoothly. i started with 2650 fingerlings, kept some in a concrete pond in my house and took the others to an earthen pond just around the corner from my house. Friday would make it a month since i started and the joy i get when i see them grow each day! well the point of this thread is to primarily help those who want to start the business and dont know where in the world to begin(my advice to you is just start, its what i did.) I am a novice myself and learn each day but at the point that i am i will give whatever assistance i can render and would appreciate professional advices too... Thanks!
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Nobody: 1:32am On May 16, 2012
wow!! cool; wish you luck with it... please do you mind uploading pics of the pond...plus, how are the fingerlings being sold? thanks
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by sunky644(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2012
Upload the pictures and let's see it. Moreso, where are u in akure cos I will like to meet u one on one. You can mail me on sunjoks@live.com incase you don't want to disclose it here.
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Blazemortimer(m): 10:34pm On May 20, 2012
well thanks a lot. Like i said i make use of two ponds, one in my house where i sorted out the bigger ones about 180 so they don't feed on the smaller ones in the earthen pond where its usually difficult to sort... im making this post at night and will get some pictures of the concrete pond that is in my house tomorrow but in the mean time i've got some where i was feeding them
i will get some pictures from the earthen pond much later. @ondo boi i dont sell fingerlings yet, i intend to go into it very soon but if its the price u need to know, its about N25-30.
please pardon the pix quality, i will get some better ones!

Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Blazemortimer(m): 10:37pm On May 20, 2012
Futa area is where i am...
sunky644: Upload the pictures and let's see it. Moreso, where are u in akure cos I will like to meet u one on one. You can mail me on sunjoks@live.com incase you don't want to disclose it here.
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by wura2020: 12:06am On May 21, 2012
Congratulations. I will also start catfish farming by June ending so i will be following this thread to learn a few tricks of the trade. I intend to start with 4 plastic tanks in my house in New Nyanya to test the waters while looking out for land suitable for earthen pond to buy.
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by applegirl: 9:25am On May 21, 2012
Pls guys I'm sorry for been a bother but someone promised to give me money to start any business I want after I left my banking job but he wants me to do a feasibility study first,the truth is I don't even know what business to go into and the capital needed.would have loved catfish but I'm scared it could hurt me and besides we live in a rented apartment,landlords won't let u have ponds in their compound.pls I need urgent help and advice before my benefactor changes his mind.love you all
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Blazemortimer(m): 4:24am On May 26, 2012
true, i hear quail farmin is also a lucrative business with low a low input!
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by sunky644(m): 5:55am On May 26, 2012
Blazemortimer: Futa area is where i am...
OK, I go to FUTA at least three times a week. How can we get to meet? You can mail me on sunjoks@live.com
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by applegirl: 3:54pm On May 26, 2012
Pls I made an enquiry on cat fish,can someone pls answer me
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Blazemortimer(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2012
do you have a yahoo ID so we can chat!
applegirl: Pls I made an enquiry on cat fish,can someone pls answer me

1 Like

Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by applegirl: 4:08pm On May 27, 2012
Sure I av jessica_4rever@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by olabagro: 2:14am On May 28, 2012
A very good start you have , am in Akure i can supply fish feed to your farm, u can call me so that we can talk 08032098880
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by ayosat(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2012
Using this opportunity to wish everyone MERRY XMAS and prosperous NEW YEAR.
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by abestine(m): 3:49am On Sep 24, 2013
sunky644:
OK, I go to FUTA at least three times a week. How can we get to meet? You can mail me on sunjoks@live.com
how's ur fish doing ? where around futa area are u? I will like to visit ur farm, so as to encourage myself, I've bn thinking about this fish farming business for a while now, and will really need someone who have started to mentor me. my mail ia abestine@yahoo.com
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Shesweetdie(f): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi am in akure also and i urgently need catfish juvenile,pls can u tell me where u got urs
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by adexgii(m): 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
An advise for u is that don't let ur concrete pond water to get too dirty, else ur fish can be infected and don't overcrowd ur fish it can affect their groeth. Where in akure are u
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Fish4wealth: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
Yes...big congratulation...I love actions than mere procrastination.....I wonder why we expect to know all before venturing....indeed no crime to do such but its never a proven step to learn all. Agribusiness/ farming is a game of risk but with consistent practice and calculative dive...you are sure to learn the rope to success.
Note...different types of ponds have their merits and demerits but I would advise you pay more attention to the ones in the earthen ponds cos of your inexperience....I hope you diked it well and secured it from reptiles and collapse....I hope it has enough water table and not depending on the little rains left....how do you intend to sort them and many more....
Getting it right from day matters a lot....what's your budget per fish....what market are you targetting. ?...seeking for shoulder to lean us.....chat me up...081...53..70...161..3
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Fish4wealth: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2017
applegirl:
Pls guys I'm sorry for been a bother but someone promised to give me money to start any business I want after I left my banking job but he wants me to do a feasibility study first,the truth is I don't even know what business to go into and the capital needed.would have loved catfish but I'm scared it could hurt me and besides we live in a rented apartment,landlords won't let u have ponds in their compound.pls I need urgent help and advice before my benefactor changes his mind.love you all

You have said it all....you cannot start farming without a land.....at worse...a space, irrespective of size.....I will suggest you engage in buying and selling of farm produces if you have inclination in that direction......
Check out my signature
Re: Catfish Farm In Akure by Ojey1234: 10:03am On Apr 19, 2022
Any fish pond to rent in Akure and how much is it?

(1) (Reply)

Leafblower / Can I Give Latosa With Polidine Or Vira Mix Plus I Need Urgent Help. / Our Chinese Client In Kano Needs Moringa Seed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.