Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! (696 Views)

Beware!!! Dead Bodies Used To Produce Corn Beef. / US Farmer Grows Multi-coloured Corn (Pictures) / Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! by Devosequence(f): 1:28pm On May 16, 2012
Goodday fellow members, i need some1 to please help mé out with the procedure 4 preparing pap(Ogi, Akamu) cos i've soaked the corn now 4 two days and yet it has not fermented. Should i still allow it OR should go ahead with the processing? Some 1 shud pls help. Thanks & awaiting ur Quick response.
Re: Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! by tiebe: 4:37pm On May 16, 2012
my mum used to make pap when i was growing up and sadly i have no idea exactly how its done. . . however, i think its supposed to be a certain type of corn u use o. . .
Re: Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! by armyofone(m): 9:19pm On May 16, 2012
well, wait till a day or two more. if you see some foam on top, then okay to blend.
blend till very smooth. pour the smooth paste into a large bowl. pour cold water into the paste and mix.
now get a sieve and filter. pour the chaff in the seive away and keep the one coming out from the seive.
leave overnight. ogi will be at the bottom after pouring the top water away.
Re: Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! by MissIfe(f): 8:05am On May 17, 2012
Had the same problem, and kind of gave up trying undecided

Do we need to use fresh corn to do that?

now, this post makes me want to eat akamu again... grin
Re: Corn Refused To Ferment.....pls Help! by Devosequence(f): 7:08pm On May 26, 2012
armyofone: well, wait till a day or two more. if you see some foam on top, then okay to blend.
blend till very smooth. pour the smooth paste into a large bowl. pour cold water into the paste and mix.
now get a sieve and filter. pour the chaff in the seive away and keep the one coming out from the seive.
leave overnight. ogi will be at the bottom after pouring the top water away.

Thanks alot i wud like u 2 also tex mé d procedure 4 preparing soyabean As wel as Millet 4 a 5month baby If u av d idea.Thanks as i expect ur response

(1) (Reply)

RE: Pork Meat. / What Are The Most Calorific Nigerian Meals / Chocolate Fudge Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.