Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! (1272 Views)

Scarcity Of Water In UK Hall Funaab This Morning / IMSU Bans Pouring Of Water On Graduates (pictures) / Nairaland Chemists! Holla Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by Nobody: 9:04am On May 17, 2012
I'm a final year student of Bio-sciences, my project topic is requiring me to test for nitrate contents of different water samples but I really dnt knw how to go about this,cuz I nid to test and also measure the nitrate concentration!
Pls anyone that can be of help?
Re: Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by TheArbiter: 7:42pm On May 19, 2012
You could have easily goggled for help.

Download this link: http://www.cwc.gov.in/main/HP/download/Standard%20Analytical%20Procedures.pdf

Its a pdf file that contains standard analytical tests for water.
Re: Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by Damscrob(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2012
I tink it involves brown ring test in which freshly prepared FeSO4 is added to d water sample nd H2SO4 is added slide by slide.....dere will b formation of a brown ring(FeSO4.NO) which indicate d presence of nitrate in d water...for more details,add me on 2go...ma username=Damscrob.
Re: Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by Nobody: 7:15am On May 25, 2012
Tanx guyz!
@ the arbiter, the link u posted did not open (it says error ....)
@ damscrob, the test u described, will it b able to give me the concentration of d nitrate in mg/l?
Re: Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by TheArbiter: 12:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
Was busy and didnt check my mails for a while. The site is a government website. I suspect Nigerian IP addresses are blocked from accessing it because i just tested it and it still works.

Its a 5mb pdf file. Post ur email and i'll send it to u.

Regards.
Re: Pls Chemists In The House, Help Me Out In Nitrate Analysis Of Water! by cloaked(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
Damscrob: I tink it involves brown ring test in which freshly prepared FeSO4 is added to d water sample nd H2SO4 is added slide by slide.....dere will b formation of a brown ring(FeSO4.NO) which indicate d presence of nitrate in d water...for more details,add me on 2go...ma username=Damscrob.
....where will d nitrate come 4rm?...water?....don't knw wat u're trying 2 say...although d reagents u listed are correct....but brown ring test is simply a qualitative test 4 Tri-oxo Nitrate V ion in a given sample salt!...not water!

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Polytec Pre-nd And Hnd Forms For 2012/2013 Academic Session Now Out / Uniuyo Master Degree Skul Fee! / PGSM: International Executive Master in Business Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.