Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Extremely High Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Extremely High Fuel Consumption (1695 Views)

Please Help Solve Extremely High Idle !!! / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / P0420 Code Fix, High Fuel Consumption To Be Fixed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Extremely High Fuel Consumption by Jomodupri(m): 7:22am On May 18, 2012
The auto gurus, my car is consuming fuel at alarming rate. Can't used 30 litres from Agege to VI.

With the check light on, the car was scanned and error code was P1491.

The ERG valve was removed and was thoroughly cleaned, the EGR chamber plate was cleaned as well but no improvement. The check light came back.

The EGR valve was replaced but no improvement. There is no black smoke emmitting from the exhaust.

The car is 1996 Honda Accord (F22B1), I4 but double exhaust.The EGR valve is located on the fuel rail.

Surprisingly, I got a manual on 96 Accord F22B1 from Honda Hookup today, a diagram from the manual depicts 2 EGR valves. 1 on the fuel rail and the other along the ABS pipe lines.

We have been working on the one on the fuel rail. Can ERG failure cause significant drop in fuel consumption efficiency?

I can hardly use this car because of this abnormal fuel consumption.

Seinna, Ikenna, Gulfer, Sultan and other gurus please help oooo.

(1) (Reply)

Solutions To Various Vehicle Related Issues / #2 Million For 2009 Toyota Corolla To Be Used For Uber Business. I Need Advise / Top 10 Richest Men In The World & Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.