Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Western Union Clerk Thief - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Clerk Thief (842 Views)

GTBank Stops Over-The-Counter Western-Union Transactions, Use Internet Banking / Western Union Money Transfer Now To Be Paid In Naira / How Do I Receive Money Via Western Union Money Transfer/moneygram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Union Clerk Thief by revivedafrikana(f): 7:11pm On May 18, 2012
Guys I sent $250 to my auntie in lagos. when they go to get it he says they have the wrong name and account.
He did that twice and I keep insisting no, they have all the right information to receive the money. Third time go to the bank and
he said somebody has already received the money so they should come and ask me if i took the money back?

So what happened is that he had access to the code number and probably gave it to a friend to receive at another bank. i was shocked they could do that.

Western union could not help and the bank manager told my auntie he can only fire the clerk if western union can tell us which bank the money was received at.

After one month of investigation western union just sent me a letter that i should report to the police in Canada. Like what are they going to do?
Re: Western Union Clerk Thief by stagger: 7:50pm On May 18, 2012
revivedafrikana: Guys I sent $250 to my auntie in lagos. when they go to get it he says they have the wrong name and account.
He did that twice and I keep insisting no, they have all the right information to receive the money. Third time go to the bank and
he said somebody has already received the money so they should come and ask me if i took the money back?

So what happened is that he had access to the code number and probably gave it to a friend to receive at another bank. i was shocked they could do that.

Western union could not help and the bank manager told my auntie he can only fire the clerk if western union can tell us which bank the money was received at.

After one month of investigation western union just sent me a letter that i should report to the police in Canada. Like what are they going to do?

Guy, you have to change with the times.

Register your aunty with Payoneer so she gets their MasterCard. When she gets it, you can do a direct card to card transfer. She can then go to Zenith or GTB to cash the money with the Payoneer card from the ATM, though at an exchange rate that is N5 less than parallel market. But then, it is better than having to suffer this sort of embarrassment.

This is how I receive small dollar payments from my foreign clients. If you need to send plenty of money, get your aunty to open a domiciliary account.
Re: Western Union Clerk Thief by bigx(m): 7:14am On May 19, 2012
stagger:

Guy, you have to change with the times.

Register your aunty with Payoneer so she gets their MasterCard. When she gets it, you can do a direct card to card transfer. She can then go to Zenith or GTB to cash the money with the Payoneer card from the ATM, though at an exchange rate that is N5 less than parallel market. But then, it is better than having to suffer this sort of embarrassment.

This is how I receive small dollar payments from my foreign clients. If you need to send plenty of money, get your aunty to open a domiciliary account.

If I have a master or visacard do you know how I can send money from it to someone else's card? I usuaally use GTFx for transfers out of Nigeria but the fees on small amounts are irritating.
Re: Western Union Clerk Thief by toyemz(f): 12:18am On May 20, 2012
@OP
take it up with western union
especially if the nigerian bank is suggesting that your recalled the money,( if you did there would be documented evidence of this)
The bank manager,seems to be in on the scam( if there is one)
but let western union get involved in it,
and take it from there
dont keep quiet about it
money doesnt just disappear like that
it has to be tracked down
good luck

(1) (Reply)

Diesel (ago) Available - Just Delivered Into Storage From Vessel / Can A Forex Indicator Be Right 99% Of The Time? / Let Us Help You Sell Your Product....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.