Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Html Before Php??advice - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Html Before Php??advice (2611 Views)

Coding A Responsive Slider (HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT) / Learn Web Design With Video Tutorials From Nairaland -HTML,CSS,BOOTSTRAP Etc. / Tutorial: How To Return Html In Json Response Using Asp.net And Jquery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 18, 2012
Is it necessary for me to learn html first before going in php?pls advice
Re: Html Before Php??advice by delomos(m): 9:44pm On May 18, 2012
Yes.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by spikesC(m): 11:32pm On May 18, 2012
Its just like saying learn networking before computer appreciation. How will u display the rubbish from the backend?
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Peterson1993(m): 11:36pm On May 18, 2012
It is not only necessary but almolst compulsory. Daz if not even compulsory. Learning HTML first will make learning any other programming language much more easier... Going into PHP,C++,python or any other programming without the knowledge of HTML/XHTML is same thing as eating your soup before cooking it.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by naijaswag1: 11:57pm On May 18, 2012
let me add my voice by advicing that you head to W3Schools Online http://www.w3schools.com/ to learn basic html and css and browser scripting(javascript and their likes) before jumping into php which is server scripting.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 6:34am On May 19, 2012
I appreciate you pple..thanks so much,God bless you real good
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 7:49am On May 19, 2012
Actually,am rilly going into oracle 11g bt i was advised to knw programming first..so will php be d best programming for me to know before into oracle 11g(database)??

Peterson1993: It is not only necessary but almolst compulsory. Daz if not even compulsory. Learning HTML first will make learning any other programming language much more easier... Going into PHP,C++,python or any other programming without the knowledge of HTML/XHTML is same thing as eating your soup before cooking it.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 7:51am On May 19, 2012
Actually,am rilly going into oracle 11g bt i was advised to knw programming first..so will php be d best programming for me to know before into oracle 11g(database)??
Re: Html Before Php??advice by GideonG(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2012
HTML is a most! You have to learn it. It will not take you more than 2weeks to grasp it.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Peterson1993(m): 1:33am On May 20, 2012
soyedele1:
it will better if you climed the ladder gradually. Start from the base and you will start experiencing "the higher you go, the cooler it becomes" start from website disigning aspect of programming.. HTML to CSS, from CSS, you go into C++ b4 think about avanced programming like PHP, .NET,Pyhton and the likes. When you gradually learn all these you can easily choose the exact one you will need for oracle 11g. Maybe for example you discorver that you needed python for the Oracle 11g,the PHP you learnt would not be a waste. Programming is not what you run in and run out. You be ready to explor all it's diffrent branches
Re: Html Before Php??advice by okeyxyz(m): 4:54am On May 20, 2012
Soyedele1: Actually,am rilly going into oracle 11g bt i was advised to knw programming first..so will php be d best programming for me to know before into oracle 11g(database)??

Peterson1993: [s]it will better if you climed the ladder gradually. Start from the base and you will start experiencing "the higher you go, the cooler it becomes" start from website disigning aspect of programming.. HTML to CSS, from CSS, you go into C++ b4 think about avanced programming like PHP, .NET,Pyhton and the likes. When you gradually learn all these you can easily choose the exact one you will need for oracle 11g. Maybe for example you discorver that you needed python for the Oracle 11g,the PHP you learnt would not be a waste. Programming is not what you run in and run out. You be ready to explor all it's diffrent branches[/s]

you don't need to learn any special programming lang b4 doing oracle. oracle itself is sql programming for databases, with that you can create & manipulate data & functions as much as you like in an enterprise environment without the support of any other lang. unless you wanna do web programming whereby you'll need other langs(python, php, java, etc)

1 Like

Re: Html Before Php??advice by abubaka101: 11:19pm On May 21, 2012
Peterson1993: it will better if you climed the ladder gradually. Start from the base and you will start experiencing "the higher you go, the cooler it becomes" start from website disigning aspect of programming.. HTML to CSS, from CSS, you go into C++ b4 think about avanced programming like PHP, .NET,Pyhton and the likes. When you gradually learn all these you can easily choose the exact one you will need for oracle 11g. Maybe for example you discorver that you needed python for the Oracle 11g,the PHP you learnt would not be a waste. Programming is not what you run in and run out. You be ready to explor all it's diffrent branches
I thought C++ falls under the same category with JAVA? So its more advance than you've said, I was totally confused.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by embee3(m): 2:23am On May 25, 2012
If you learn PHP without HTML, its like skipping secondary school and going straight into the University. So, it is not just important, it is also very necessary.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by abubaka101: 11:02am On May 25, 2012
You really should'nt rush it! If you don't know HTML, you'll never understand PHP!
They follow one another:
1). HTML
2). XHTML
3). CSS
4). JavaScript Or VBScript
5). PHP, Perl, ColdFusion, JSP Or ASP
6). MySQL
7). AJAX
cool. XML, SQL, DHTML, DOM, ASP.NET and others
Am still at JavaScript, for now. You really need to take it step by step.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 7:42am On May 29, 2012
Thanx bro.kndly snd me ur email address
abubaka101: You really should'nt rush it! If you don't know HTML, you'll never understand PHP!
They follow one another:
1). HTML
2). XHTML
3). CSS
4). JavaScript Or VBScript
5). PHP, Perl, ColdFusion, JSP Or ASP
6). MySQL
7). AJAX
cool. XML, SQL, DHTML, DOM, ASP.NET and others
Am still at JavaScript, for now. You really need to take it step by step.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by ektbear: 8:58am On May 29, 2012
Meh.

Focus on learning PHP. You'll pick up HTML along the way.

If your goal is to learn X, jump directly into X. Don't learn Y and Z, unless they are direct prerequisties.

PHP is a generic programming language. Primarily intended for web applications, yes. But that doesn't mean that you need to bother with HTML, CSS, JS, etc beforehand..

1 Like

Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 29, 2012
Thanks bro..u always like ur comments on NL
ekt_bear: Meh.

If your goal is to learn X, jump directly into X. Don't learn Y and Z, unless they are direct prerequisties.

PHP is a generic programming language. Primarily intended for web applications, yes. But that doesn't mean that you need to bother with HTML, CSS, JS, etc beforehand..
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 29, 2012
I always feel ur comments on NL wheneva pple post

ekt_bear: Meh.

PHP is a generic programming language. Primarily intended for web applications, yes. But that doesn't mean that you need to bother with HTML, CSS, JS, etc bi meforehand..
Re: Html Before Php??advice by nedulity: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2012
you can learn PHP if you so please. But if you ask me, I'll say take 1 step @ a time. in order for you to really understand how to build web Apps & connect it to a data base, (Since you are planning on learning Oracle11g) you have to familiarize with web languages & Html is the fundamental of it all. but as i said you can just jump to php, the choice is yours.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by ektbear: 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2012
you don't need to learn html to learn to connect stuff to DB.

You can make an entirely text-based application that also connects to DB.

Or a GUI app that connects to DB.

DB is DB, HTML is HTML, programming is programming. Let's not mix up these different ideas
Re: Html Before Php??advice by lordZOUGA(m): 12:13am On Jun 08, 2012
ekt_bear: you don't need to learn html to learn to connect stuff to DB.

You can make an entirely text-based application that also connects to DB.

Or a GUI app that connects to DB.

DB is DB, HTML is HTML, programming is programming. Let's not mix up these different ideas
exactly. @ poster, you don't have any problem. HTML only is so easy that it is annoying. DOM(HTML) + javascript + php/mysql << now that is something.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 08, 2012
Thanks for ur advice..av dropped DB due to sme reasons bt am into web developing.just finished html,nw on css..i wanna be one of d greatest in IT stuff...am so inluv with IT world..when am tru with php,i am considering to go for python next
lordZOUGA:
exactly. @ poster, you don't have any problem. HTML only is so easy that it is annoying. DOM(HTML) + javascript + php/mysql << now that is something.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Shigan: 12:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Dear Soyedele1,
It appears that you have allowed people to change your dream for you. Let me help you focus ON THE FACTS:
1. You want to be an Oracle Certified Administrator or an Oracle Certified Professional
2. You were obviously made to believe that being able to design web pages is a prerequisite for OCA or OCP.
3. You listened to people who have good knowledge of web design and who sound like pros at it.
4. You contracted their enthusiasm for THEIR dream and substituted it for yours.

SOLUTION/FOCUS:
1. We have been subscribing to Oracle Magazine in our family for over 7 years. As you may know, it contains tips, tricks and pointers to the challenges faced by OCAs and OCPs in their daily work.

2. I am a graduate of Computer Science, so I have a clear, sharp, very good idea of knowledge paths for programming, which is just one of the many fields of Computer Science that many have embraced because we opened our science to the world.

3. For OCA, you need only a laptop and knowledge of PL/SQL. SQL is a generic language, meaning that it requires another language as a container before you can implement it. For this reason many vendors have their own proprietary versions of it. For Oracle, PL is the "Programming Language" with which you are required to implement SQL.

4. For OCP, it is assumed that you have had some experience as an OCA. All you need to add to your skillset is knowledge of just one more TOOL: Java. With a laptop, PL/SQL and JAVA, you can reach any height at Oracle Corporation (well, perhaps you might add having an MBA, :-))

5. ADVICE: Never follow the advice of others if it is not in line with your dream.

Additional Bonus: C, C++, Java C#.NET, and Scala are considered to be in the same class of programming languages. PHP is like C++ with more special characters, plus it exists in the Open Source Domain of knowledge. For this reason as well as others, it is widely considered to be less secure than ASP.NET, which still remains THE web programming language of choice for Enterprise Applications/Web Development.

Cheers.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
My real interest lies in Oracle(11g),both OCA & OCP bt d challenge am avng rite now is dat am still an undergraduate and i cant be attending tutorials for 11g cos am pretty sure that it will be clashing with my school works interms of lecture hours..I nw decided to do some other stuffs(PHP)due to d fact dt i can learn dem tru some website and i wnt av to go to tutorial for it and dt ws y i changed my mind bro..i understand dat SQL is d basic lang for database..i also understand dat OCA is oracle certified associate..d qustn is wht are d tins being taught in OCA courses and is there a way for me to learn it online?
Shigan: Dear Soyedele1,
It appears that you have allowed people to change your dream for you. Let me help you focus ON THE FACTS:
1. You want to be an Oracle Certified Administrator or an Oracle Certified Professional
2. You were obviously made to believe that being able to design web pages is a prerequisite for OCA or OCP.
3. You listened to people who have good knowledge of web design and who sound like pros at it.
4. You contracted their enthusiasm for THEIR dream and substituted it for yours.

SOLUTION/FOCUS:
1. We have been subscribing to Oracle Magazine in our family for over 7 years. As you may know, it contains tips, tricks and pointers to the challenges faced by OCAs and OCPs in their daily work.

2. I am a graduate of Computer Science, so I have a clear, sharp, very good idea of knowledge paths for programming, which is just one of the many fields of Computer Science that many have embraced because we opened our science to the world.

3. For OCA, you need only a laptop and knowledge of PL/SQL. SQL is a generic language, meaning that it requires another language as a container before you can implement it. For this reason many vendors have their own proprietary versions of it. For Oracle, PL is the "Programming Language" with which you are required to implement SQL.

4. For OCP, it is assumed that you have had some experience as an OCA. All you need to add to your skillset is knowledge of just one more TOOL: Java. With a laptop, PL/SQL and JAVA, you can reach any height at Oracle Corporation (well, perhaps you might add having an MBA, :-))

5. ADVICE: Never follow the advice of others if it is not in line with your dream.

Additional Bonus: C, C++, Java C#.NET, and Scala are considered to be in the same class of programming languages. PHP is like C++ with more special characters, plus it exists in the Open Source Domain of knowledge. For this reason as well as others, it is widely considered to be less secure than ASP.NET, which still remains THE web programming language of choice for Enterprise Applications/Web Development.

Cheers.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by ewom1028(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
OCA comprises of two modules:
1)Introduction To SQL...dealing with basic select statements,and stuff...which i wont mention here.
2)Database Administration Fundamentals I(Dealing with stuff like creating users and database objects etc).
In my own opinion, you can learn SQL on your own by reading materials and practicing on your laptop with an oracle database.(That's what i did).
But for Admin Fundamentals...you can also read on your own...then get someone to take you on the topics you do not understand for maybe one or two weeks.
(That's what i did too). When this is done.You are ready for the exams.
My advice is to write the SQL exams b4 u start the Fundamentals I materials.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hw can i get oracle database to work on and ebooks for tutorial on database adminstration 1...thanks..i already av a laptop n am willing to learn
ewom1028: OCA comprises of two modules:
1)Introduction To SQL...dealing with basic select statements,and stuff...which i wont mention here.
2)Database Administration Fundamentals I(Dealing with stuff like creating users and database objects etc).
In my own opinion, you can learn SQL on your own by reading materials and practicing on your laptop with an oracle database.(That's what i did).
But for Admin Fundamentals...you can also read on your own...then get someone to take you on the topics you do not understand for maybe one or two weeks.
(That's what i did too). When this is done.You are ready for the exams.
My advice is to write the SQL exams b4 u start the Fundamentals I materials.
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
Hw can i get oracle database??
Re: Html Before Php??advice by dgreatwap(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2013
Anybody dat tells u dat html is not necessary before learning php is lieing to you!
There is no how you wanna be good at php without the knowledge of html, css and Javascript.
So the thing is like a prerequisite!
Soyedele1: Is it necessary for me to learn html first before going in php?pls advice
Re: Html Before Php??advice by Urine: 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2013
dgreatwap: Anybody dat tells u dat html is not necessary before learning php is lieing to you!
There is no how you wanna be good at php without the knowledge of html, css and Javascript.
So the thing is like a prerequisite!

God bless you,thought i was loosing my mind.

Op, to make your life easier follow this 'route'; HTML,CSS,JAVASCRIPT & PHP.

(1) (Reply)

Learn Solidworks And Autocad / Is VBHOSTNET.COM A Scam/fake? / My React Single Page For Small Start Up Business (Request Web App - No Backend )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.