Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Ideas That Can Help Propel Nairaland To The Next Level - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ideas That Can Help Propel Nairaland To The Next Level (710 Views)

69 Countries Propel Nigeria To Africa’s Financial Centre / 69 Countries Propel Nigeria To Become Africa’s Financial Centre / 15 silly Business Ideas, That Are Actually Super Smart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ideas That Can Help Propel Nairaland To The Next Level by courage89(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2012
"A lot can happen when you don’t care who gets the credit”
...Waldo Ralph Emerson

We live in an information ages and era, where individual, groups, companies, countries who own or possesses the information dominate the market. We’ve all been a living witness to how technologies are revolutionizing how we think, live, socialize and more importantly how millionaires/billionaires are made. How the best innovative tech companies continues to elevate bar of excellence; set the standard for others to follow, and how their country of origin and its people can/will benefit immensely from the ripple effect of the existence of the company.

Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Zynga, are typical manifestation of these expectations. Although the dream that cultivated these products they are marketing started with one person or few people, but the end products that we’re now witnessing requires the effort, brains of more than those few that started the company. Luckily for these companies, they have the luxury of Angel Investors, Equity Investors, Hedge Funds Company and others to help them actualize their dream. Here in Africa, we’re not so fortunate to buy the best brain with the luxury of other investors.

If all these Tech companies can make it to the lime light, I believe our so called Nairaland stand a chance as well. I’m sure everyone will agree with me that one way or the other...part of our lives revolves around Naira land. I am of the opinion that everyone loves a winner, want to be a winner and want to associate with winners. I believe as a Nairalander, it is our collective duty to help make Nairaland a Winner.

This post is about ideas that can help propel Naira-land to the next level.

How should the company be structured or restructured to maximize its potential? What other products should the company introduce to leverage its core competency? What type of alliance/alliances, companies should the company struck deals with to improve visibility and probability of success. There are many more ways we can be creative in unlocking the company’s potential.

Below are some of my ideas;

1.Seun need to surround himself with people (business people) that can help him unlock the potential of the site. You cannot do it alone. I want to believe you’re already entertaining this idea.
2.Currently Naira land is a product design for Nigerians. This is premised on stats of people that visit the site on a regular basis. The focus should be to capture the whole African Market. Acquisition of other comparable companies to help increase your foothold within Africa.
3.Find other ways to strengthen your core competency and competitive advantage.

Let me state here for the record. I don’t know Seun from anywhere, never met him, never met his family, I know nothing about his business model... I’m just a big fan of progressive minds and ideas in respective of where they’re coming from.

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Or Liberty Reserve.... / Snail Farming Busines / How Do I Get A #100,000 Loan• To Pay Back End Of This Month With Interest•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.