Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Pls Read,i Need The Ur Advice.its Important. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Read,i Need The Ur Advice.its Important. (621 Views)

Medical Aspirants, Students And Personeel Click Here. Its Important / Humble Advice To Nigerian Students, Pls, Pls Read!!!... / Deadly Alert! Read This Its Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Read,i Need The Ur Advice.its Important. by Nobody: 10:36am On May 19, 2012
♍Ɣ sister who has been struggling with Jamb I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nigeria recently got admitted to North American university at Cotonou Τ̣̣ђȋ̝̊̅§ year.†ђξ problem is recently ♍Ɣ mum heard ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ from Ǥø̲̣đ knows where that †ђξ school is not recognised I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nigeria Άπϑ that †ђξ certificate is valueless, Άπϑ cannot ße̶̲̥̅̊ used to secure employment I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ future.she is really disturbed.please I want someone I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ house to share a candid opinion about †ђξ school before its too late,can a graduate from †ђξ school do †ђξ NYSC, Άπϑ ȋ̝̊τ̲̅ is a recognised school internationally? Please candid advice, Άπϑ opinion.
Re: Pls Read,i Need The Ur Advice.its Important. by TheArbiter: 7:21pm On May 19, 2012
The following criteria determines whether a school certificate is recognized in Nigeria:

1. Registration status with the country's (Beninese) education ministry and regulatory commission

2. Standard of the curriculum.

3. Recognition of the school's courses by the country's (Beninese) professional bodies (engineering,economists,medical,etc)

4. No of years it was in operation

The first two criteria are the most important. When u submit a new certificate to NYSC for service callup, it would write to the school administration requesting info on its registration status and curricula. NYSC then writes the country's (Beninese) education ministry for confirmation. In most situations NYSC forwards the curricula for comments from NUC and professional bodies in Nigeria. If the curricula meets Nigerian standards and the school is confirmed as genuine then the certificate is granted recognition and the graduate accepted for NYSC.

Pertaining to the acceptance for employment. Most employers usually insist on NYSC certificates because they know only students from accredited courses/institutions are allowed to serve. This implies getting a job wont be much of a problem if she gets to serve.

To resolve ur problem i would advice u personally check the registration status of the school with the education ministry (in Cotonou) and also compare the school curricula with, maybe UNILAG, and see if there is a 90% parity/similarity or more. If any of the two checks fail, quit the school.

(1) (Reply)

Fedpoffa Update / Masters / Free Complete Undergraduate Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.