Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,300 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface (862 Views)

User Interface Design For The Beginning Web Programmmer / Processing Games And Tangible User Interface / How To Create A Small Gui(graphical User Interface) Using Jframe In Java Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface by lordbenax(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2007
Yo! I just designed a software and i want to make the GUI for it splendid, i'm thinkin of vista style with a little teenage creativity of gold on black. I really don't want to use the predefined forms that come with those IDEs. I would be grateful if someone lets me in on how to make your own enhanced GUI without using the predefined ones. I want it to be something like Neromedia player, windows media player or winamp's GUI
Re: A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface by prodgalson: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2007
Personally, I would design the ui in Flash.
what technology is it built with?
If it's one of the ms flavors, you can build the ui in flash, and
have your customized flash / flex components talk to the
underlying functionality
Re: A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface by bandor: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2007
i suggest u use c# or vb.net(using winforms) in creating the interface, they could give u that vista look and even better.
Re: A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface by lordbenax(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2007
I would like if prodgalson shows me how to make the GUIs in Flash.
Re: A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface by naijafan(m): 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2007
@bandor
the poster specifically mentioned that he doesnt want the predefined looks that comes with the IDEs. But come to think of it, hw will standard use of WinForms in .NET give you something better than Vista looks, like you said?!

THink man!!!

(1) (Reply)

Thanks a lot for ur help.I kinda redesigned my own component / Textio Help! / Any Networking Problems? Paste It Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.