Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,494 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (626355 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
chukwudi1989: I was told b4 sept ending
I don't think so.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
mrpresido3: Congrat! Pls note; dat is nt uniabj list, it's jamb's share of d list. Uniabi is yet to releases her list.
Mrpresido3, please be informed that the list uploaded on jamb list went through the senate of the Uniabuja, and its not a jamb list, but rather uploaded on Jamb site first. You can fix (runz) admission from jamb but jamb does not compile admission list for the school or any other school. Its only an erroneous belief that Uniabuja's merit list is Jamb List. If you want to contend otherwise look at other schools and see if Jamb provides merit list for them. I was once in your school of thought until I saw the process of this just processed admission and explanation by a member of the committee.... Thanks for understanding
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pietee:
Mrpresido3, please be informed that the list uploaded on jamb list went through the senate of the Uniabuja, and its not a jamb list, but rather uploaded on Jamb site first. You can fix (runz) admission from jamb but jamb does not compile admission list for the school or any other school. Its only an erroneous belief that Uniabuja's merit list is Jamb List. If you want to contend otherwise look at other schools and see if Jamb provides merit list for them. I was once in your school of thought until I saw the process of this just processed admission and explanation by a member of the committee.... Thanks for understanding
thank u. Even had a heated argument wit my sis about dis. Jamb list is skul list,its d skul dat send d name to jamb and jamb upload ur status.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by willaiye(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pietee:
so what about those that didn't see their names yet ? will there be another list becos I passed my Jamb (200+) and I have no single problem in my waec but yet I haven't seen my name yet
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
willaiye: so what about those that didn't see their names yet ? will there be another list becos I passed my Jamb (200+) and I have no single problem in my waec but yet I haven't seen my name yet
My Oga, I understand you. But seriously after the confirmation of the first list, you need to fasten your seat belt, hold on to your God, hold on to your earthly connection also. Nothing comes easy. Your score is not in contention. Infact someone with a lower score can be chosen before someone with an higher score. Less Educational Development Area are considered when admitting. That's why you see people with lower score on the list even the so called merit list. Also Catchment area is another factor, after choosing some required candidates, the school goes further in picking equal amount of candidates from each state not regarding the other candidates chosen... So everyone has a chance, even if you score 180...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pietee:
well, I cnt agree wth u because I hv may own facts. The sharing formula of admss list; 60% for Jamb and 40% for the sch. And dat of jamb is base on merit and its own sharing formula again. Dis is hw it goes; d 36 states and FCT hv it own percentage of candidates who applied to dat sch. If 50 candidates chose uniabj frm ur state and 40 of dem scored 200 and above and share for ur state is 40 den d whole of dat 40 would b admttd. And if ur state has 50 candidates dat chose uniabj and d share of ur stae is 40 and 40 scored 180 to 198 d whole of dat 40 would b admttd. Hv u nt seen sm1 wth 183 bn admttd and another 1 wth 257 nt admttd into dat same institution? So in dis if it is d sch dat made dat list and call it merit den d general public won't let dat go. Jamb do send its list to d sch and d sch also send its own 40% to jamb. Dat is it is possible 4 u to see ur name on jamb list and d sch posted its own it may nt b dere. I was dere 4 d 2012/13 list. When sm candidates met Adelabu wth deir jamb admss latter and complained to him dat deeir names are nt in d sch list and lucky dem he collected it and told dem it wll cm out in d next. Dis happen at d COV ground openly. So ur chance to b admttd depend on d num of candidates dat chose d sch frm ur state and deir scores. Though sm states usually take d lion share! Jamb gave me admss bt as at den I was nt ok wth I still use my way, so when d list was out my name was in d merit list and d non merit list and I was nt d only 1 dat such happened to. I hv my own ways of getin infor and u hv urs, I dnt wanna ague much sha. Can u ans dis pls, why is it dat it is only dose dat so deeir name on jamb portal hv admss letter frm jamb? And why jamb admss letter heading or any part of did nt mention where ur sch admttd u but jamb offer u admss. To mk short pls u guys should hepl us read ur jamb admss letter and den judge dis because I cnt type d whole contain here.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:05pm On Sep 15, 2014
willaiye: so what about those that didn't see their names yet ? will there be another list becos I passed my Jamb (200+) and I have no single problem in my waec but yet I haven't seen my name yet
jamb list is usually 1st and 2nd, so if u ar lucky ur name can cm out. And if nt u jst hv to do smtin. Ntin concern uniabj wth meerit. And d VC is admtting 4 d 1st time and we all knw 4 d 1st time a lot of pple wll send him deir request and he wll make d num large jst as very new VC does. As I said pray and if u knw ur way work it.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
This is getting out of hand
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
chukwudi1989: This is getting out of hand
wat is dat?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by sakaguchi(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Lol.
MrPresido, I struggled to read what you posted earlier. Too much abbreviation made it look like Russian.

I don't know why you and the other guy pietee like arguing much sha!

Admission in Uniabuja is first by merit, educationally less develop area and quota system makes it 3rd n 2nd. There is nothing like catchment area as all states in Nigeria are Unibuja's catchment area.

Jamb send the results of all applicants to a school by late July or early August, Merit list is compiled by the school and the school send it to Jamb to be uploaded.

Forget about all your experience with Uniabuja in the last 4 years, what we had was an idiot with earpiece giving admission as if the university is a nursery school. The same is not true with this new VC.

What we expect is Merit list, 2nd list with quota system and ELD area, staff request n VC list. The reason why somebody with 230 will get admission while another with a higher score fail is purely because of the quota system. When I came to Uniabuja 265 did not give me MBBS, rather I was given Vet Medicine, I saw people with 238 in MBBS thereafter, however, all the people in MBBS from my state had above 265. I sat for Jamb the next year and 275 got me MBBS, what I'm trying to say is, somebody's chance of getting admission in the quota system depends on how competitive his/her state is.

Adelabu era is gone. The shenanigans he called admission process is gone with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 2:20am On Sep 16, 2014
I have no intention of claim superior knowledge in all ramifications, the only reason why this thread is alive is because we try to disperse information and purify our knowledge. But sometimes popular belief turns out to be force. But I stand by something "JAMB no longer admit students into the University", uniabuja can't be an exception alone. If you have a good result and you are not admitted, you can lodge your complaint to the school and if its an error, and its noted they will fix it for you. Error occurs. Like I said everyone admitted gets JAMB admission letter, but it differs on the period. After names has been sent to Jamb, jamb uploads it on their site and you print out the admission letter, for my set some students admission status started showing in 200l. Uniabuja is a Federal school, not Federal school in the sense that its been run by Federal Government, rather because it has a Federal Catchment area comprising of all the states, only few universities are like this in Nigeria. I really respect everyone's information not trying to be bossy but I'm only trying to make one see another version. To my boss that complain about me arguing I'm truly sorry if you don't like it. But sometimes to pass a point you have to go through an argumentative analysis. My whole point is that from the inception of Post-Ume/utme the power of admitting student has shifted to the school authorities. Incase you don't belief, My admission Status till date shows my Admission of my 2nd choice for law, whereas I was admitted on Merit (1st List) Uniabuja. Your name only appears on jamb site after the school has sent it, and your name will not appear on Jamb website if you have been offered admission by another school and uploaded by Jamb. Like I said I was also believing there was something like JAMB list until I saw the process of this list, if you want to be sure ask how it was done
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 2:24am On Sep 16, 2014
sakaguchi: Lol.
MrPresido, I struggled to read what you posted earlier. Too much abbreviation made it look like Russian.
I don't know why you and the other guy pietee like arguing much sha!
Admission in Uniabuja is first by merit, educationally less develop area and quota system makes it 3rd n 2nd. There is nothing like catchment area as all states in Nigeria are Unibuja's catchment area.
Jamb send the results of all applicants to a school by late July or early August, Merit list is compiled by the school and the school send it to Jamb to be uploaded.
Forget about all your experience with Uniabuja in the last 4 years, what we had was an idiot with earpiece giving admission as if the university is a nursery school. The same is not true with this new VC.
What we expect is Merit list, 2nd list with quota system and ELD area, staff request n VC list. The reason why somebody with 230 will get admission while another with a higher score fail is purely because of the quota system. When I came to Uniabuja 265 did not give me MBBS, rather I was given Vet Medicine, I saw people with 238 in MBBS thereafter, however, all the people in MBBS from my state had above 265. I sat for Jamb the next year and 275 got me MBBS, what I'm trying to say is, somebody's chance of getting admission in the quota system depends on how competitive his/her state is.
Adelabu era is gone. The shenanigans he called admission process is gone with him.
I agree with your post. This is the correct position on admission process. Thanks brother for shedding more lights
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 2:30am On Sep 16, 2014
To prospective aspirants, please don't be scared, I can't categorically say everyone will get admission to uniabuja, but I know if its your time no force can stop you. My words shouldn't discourage you in any form nor anyone's word. Just be strong and we hope it shall be well. Keep praying, hold on to God and if you know people disturb them very well, because getting admission this time might be tougher than previous times due to change in administration and merging of sets. I wish everyone success and hope for a glad heart for you
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by willaiye(m): 7:32am On Sep 16, 2014
University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) 2014/15 Admission list First Batch is OUT.second Batch Admission list is Being compiled for Admission - I read this somewhere on the internet
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 1:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
Paul is typing..............

So many intelligent folks here.

Mrpresido(PDP) against (APC)piettee

Who's gonna win this uniabuja election(admission) campaign?

Guys let's vote,the losers would be executed.as the coordinator or inec chairman,my vote is anonymous...any pol.sci here? add me on whatsapp for accommodation (private hostels)call 07037894154..serious applicants pls
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 1:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
Is there a private hostel in uniabuja? Lets say 1,2 highest 3persons in a room? And hw much does it cost?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
rakish: Is there a private hostel in uniabuja? Lets say 1,2 highest 3persons in a room? And hw much does it cost?
don't interview me here young man,give me a call,dont be frugal with ur airtime.my phone hasn't rang all day.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 2:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
poffistands: don't interview me here young man,give me a call,dont be frugal with ur airtime.my phone hasn't rang all day.
yea am frugal coz i dont have enough credit to lavish on something that might not yield a favourable result. Sori if u tink am interviewing u and you dnt like it. Thought u wil be okay to answer my simple question here.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
hohoho, I need private hostel of 5k grin , how much is school hostel sef?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
mrpresido3: wat is dat?
long legs stuff
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
poffistands: Paul is typing..............
So many intelligent folks here.
Mrpresido(PDP) against (APC)piettee
Who's gonna win this uniabuja election(admission) campaign?
Guys let's vote,the losers would be executed.as the coordinator or inec chairman,my vote is anonymous...any pol.sci here? add me on whatsapp for accommodation (private hostels)call 07037894154..serious applicants pls
My oga at the top.... I refuse to associate myself with anything APC, I don't mind joining fresh party. But if the money is huge sha I might reconsider. APC try to fool us by playing saint whereas there's no difference between them and PDP, so I believe.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Pietee: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dannyxy: hohoho, I need private hostel of 5k grin , how much is school hostel sef?
Private Hostel. Well with God all things are possible... But even in Abaji, Kwali, Sheda or Permanent site I really doubt if you will get a private hostel for #5,000
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pietee: I have no intention of claim superior knowledge in all ramifications, the only reason why this thread is alive is because we try to disperse information and purify our knowledge. But sometimes popular belief turns out to be force. But I stand by something "JAMB no longer admit students into the University", uniabuja can't be an exception alone. If you have a good result and you are not admitted, you can lodge your complaint to the school and if its an error, and its noted they will fix it for you. Error occurs. Like I said everyone admitted gets JAMB admission letter, but it differs on the period. After names has been sent to Jamb, jamb uploads it on their site and you print out the admission letter, for my set some students admission status started showing in 200l. Uniabuja is a Federal school, not Federal school in the sense that its been run by Federal Government, rather because it has a Federal Catchment area comprising of all the states, only few universities are like this in Nigeria. I really respect everyone's information not trying to be bossy but I'm only trying to make one see another version. To my boss that complain about me arguing I'm truly sorry if you don't like it. But sometimes to pass a point you have to go through an argumentative analysis. My whole point is that from the inception of Post-Ume/utme the power of admitting student has shifted to the school authorities. Incase you don't belief, My admission Status till date shows my Admission of my 2nd choice for law, whereas I was admitted on Merit (1st List) Uniabuja. Your name only appears on jamb site after the school has sent it, and your name will not appear on Jamb website if you have been offered admission by another school and uploaded by Jamb. Like I said I was also believing there was something like JAMB list until I saw the process of this list, if you want to be sure ask how it was done
bro are u saying that for me to get dmission in uniabuja these things must be noted 1,number of student dat applied from my state,2,my jamb score,3,choice of course and 4,number of candidate that applied for my choice Of course....ok let me use my self as an example,am from anambra State,I scored 185 and I chose geography...what are my chances?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
chukwudi1989: long legs stuff
Oh!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pietee:
Private Hostel. Well with God all things are possible... But even in Abaji, Kwali, Sheda or Permanent site I really doubt if you will get a private hostel for #5,000
how much minimum,maximum?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by poffistands: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pietee:
My oga at the top.... I refuse to associate myself with anything APC, I don't mind joining fresh party. But if the money is huge sha I might reconsider. APC try to fool us by playing saint whereas there's no difference between them and PDP, so I believe.
you seem to be knowledgeable in everything...what is ur memory status?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
chukwudi1989: bro are u saying that for me to get dmission in uniabuja these things must be noted 1,number of student dat applied from my state,2,my jamb score,3,choice of course and 4,number of candidate that applied for my choice Of course....ok let me use my self as an example,am from anambra State,I scored 185 and I chose geography...what are my chances?
this ur question @chukwudi nawa o. Na him be admission officer? His just telling us the criteria for admission. Hw can he knw d number of candidates dat apply uniabuja frm anambra and geography applicants and then ur chances of admission? U want to put words in his mouth.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
rakish: this ur question @chukwudi nawa o. Na him be admission officer? His just telling us the criteria for admission. Hw can he knw d number of candidates dat apply uniabuja frm anambra and geography applicants and then ur chances of admission? U want to put words in his mouth.
nope!, just that he is making sense bro and d guy know what I don't know.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by chukwudi1989(m): 6:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
mrpresido3: Oh!
ya
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by maiquel: 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Its ma birthnight....crlebrate me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dannyxy(m): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pietee:
na joke I dey oh, I live in abj so I know it's impossible, if you know say you no get money better stay for school hostel jeje grin
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by rakish(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dannyxy: na joke I dey oh, I live in abj so I know it's impossible, if you know say you no get money better stay for school hostel jeje grin
lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.