Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (626534 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 12:01am On Nov 21, 2012
tryxe: tanks dude but dis link was nt meant for protesting or riot campaigns,, is 4 us to wats going on bout our admission list and reg.. But ur free 2 join dem sha...and I think d list will be out dis month nt dec, I herd d skul has rejected the jamb list,
Is nt abt d admission only,u all need to knw abt d latest development in d skul in applied for.
Guy must u blv anytin u hear,u are nt in d skul neither do u stay wit d v.c nd u telin odas dat d skul rejectd wat.
If u dnt av better tins to say keep mute
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 12:06am On Nov 21, 2012
At all ever patient jambite dnt expect admission list soon.
Skul closed and military men nd police av forced d student out of their hostel and they are to leave d hostel empty by 6am tmrw 21st nov.
Keep d hope alive and pray
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by udochika(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2012
menh!!! Don't know whether to be thanking GOD or not. for those who know me will understand. every disappointment is indeed a BLESSING.
not sure if I can stand this terrible situation this guys are facing.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 9:02am On Nov 21, 2012
Uni-abuja when wil you people "VC"react nd behave like uni-Ibadan?Jst Luk D way u behave 4me to count best university 4rm 1 to 75 which number do u expect me to add ur skul,U Show ur New set Bad feeling d new set!, why is't dat "sum" lecturer Xpecially d VC behaving like a Bush rat Everybody complain abt u I believe One Day student wil role the skul that No fucking soldier or police wil be able to handle d situation!,My pleading ws that pls,d vc If u knw u also came out in ur mother womb change what am hearing abt u is not Good If it didn't affect u nw nd u think u enjoy It Is capital Lie, think about your own kid change lay a Good attitude If it d not affect ur kid ur Groundson Groundson shal get d effect If u don't wnt this to happen Get CHANGE...
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2012
where on earth did 16billion go to. gosh! im really dissappionted in dis skul. i dont even knw wat to say, dis is a skul pple shuld be talkin of as d best. well i blieve ntin is impossible fr GOD. in His time tins will change fr d beta. very soon God will intervene.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jonathan Is 55yr old hw old wat wil u think the VC maybe?
Merely luking Jonathan behavour and uni abuja VC it seem Is dsame
Question:tym~ 20 Different btw Jonathan,VC and Boko harram
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
Wat of we dat av sn our result(admission list) via Jamb. Is d 1st merit on net secured and geniue?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by safarigirl(f): 2:45am On Nov 22, 2012
So if the engineering students had gotten examination papers, would they have rioted? No! Things would've gone on like they weren't aware they would soon reach a roadblock. Everyone thinks the VC is the problem, why hasn't anyone addressed the root cause? Do the students not have the right to call for the sack of said VC? Or are we being Nigerians: waiting for God to leave his throne and uproot the guy? Why do Nigerians like waiting for things to bite em in the arse before they realise they ought to do something? Was every alternative exhausted before they resorted to violence? Or was it just hormones that controlled their actions? Is it rioting in the school that will change anything? What has violence ever changed? Why haven't students taken their complaints to the Education Minister? Why haven't they made their grievances known to millions of Nigerians that could have assisted? Are they aware that the school and FG could be sued if they fail to get their degrees? Whatever happened to peaceful protests. No, I do not know nor care about the ALUUTA spirit cos it has never been used appropriately, it's only when violence is mentioned that Nigerians chant 'ALUUTA CONTINUA'. Perhaps if they had set up camp in the Ministry of Education and vowed to remain there until the VC was removed, I would have supported, but to engage in a riot- senseless, barbaric violence, within school premises, to achieve one's aim, is disappointing from future leaders. I am not so much pissed by the purpose of the riot, as the manner of approach, and then to come here, where hundreds of aspirants who are anxiously waiting to know their fate, months after their colleagues have entered school, and call for support? How inconsiderate can one get?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by johneewalker(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2012
Luk am not in d mood 2 debate if we should join u all u guyz 2 riot...what am interested is on the list...yes;I feel 4 u guyz but we cnt protest.our mates av startd their 1st year in skul..every1 should bear his own cross..if they cn paste d list nw and we are admitted..then I personally cn protest..u guyz are in skul..we just @home thinking,waiting,starving and so on just because of the list..if u had brotherly luv,atleast u could av stormed the v.c's office with cultlass and axe telling him 2 release d list...abeg mi ino fit drink panadol 4 person headache...y nt file out 2 d minister nd protest...am nt happi at all...but am wishing u guyz luck in ur protest..protest 4 us 2..thankz

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Obinnau(m): 6:47am On Nov 22, 2012
johneewalker: Luk am not in d mood 2 debate if we should join u all u guyz 2 riot...what am interested is on the list...yes;I feel 4 u guyz but we cnt protest.our mates av startd their 1st year in skul..every1 should bear his own cross..if they cn paste d list nw and we are admitted..then I personally cn protest..u guyz are in skul..we just @home thinking,waiting,starving and so on just because of the list..if u had brotherly luv,atleast u could av stormed the v.c's office with cultlass and axe telling him 2 release d list...abeg mi ino fit drink panadol 4 person headache...y nt file out 2 d minister nd protest...am nt happi at all...but am wishing u guyz luck in ur protest..protest 4 us 2..thankz
LWKMD
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2012
safarigirl: So if the engineering students had gotten examination papers, would they have rioted? No! Things would've gone on like they weren't aware they would soon reach a roadblock. Everyone thinks the VC is the problem, why hasn't anyone addressed the root cause? Do the students not have the right to call for the sack of said VC? Or are we being Nigerians: waiting for God to leave his throne and uproot the guy? Why do Nigerians like waiting for things to bite em in the arse before they realise they ought to do something? Was every alternative exhausted before they resorted to violence? Or was it just hormones that controlled their actions? Is it rioting in the school that will change anything? What has violence ever changed? Why haven't students taken their complaints to the Education Minister? Why haven't they made their grievances known to millions of Nigerians that could have assisted? Are they aware that the school and FG could be sued if they fail to get their degrees? Whatever happened to peaceful protests. No, I do not know nor care about the ALUUTA spirit cos it has never been used appropriately, it's only when violence is mentioned that Nigerians chant 'ALUUTA CONTINUA'. Perhaps if they had set up camp in the Ministry of Education and vowed to remain there until the VC was removed, I would have supported, but to engage in a riot- senseless, barbaric violence, within school premises, to achieve one's aim, is disappointing from future leaders. I am not so much pissed by the purpose of the riot, as the manner of approach, and then to come here, where hundreds of aspirants who are anxiously waiting to know their fate, months after their colleagues have entered school, and call for support? How inconsiderate can one get?
Dis girl u kip annoying me,be wel informed b4 u start bluffing.
For ur information
D v.c nd d minister of education were once classmate
D minister gave d v.c six month to put tins in place last year,he didnt do anytin afterall dey are frnds.

D Protest was peaceful one,nutin was destroyed.or did u hear anybdy complain on media dat dey stole his/her property?

What is d essence of Engineering student writing exams wen dey knw dey cant graduate.

ASUU tried to remove d v.c bt dey couldnt,then wat power has d student gotten to do dat?he was not elected by d student.

@Safarigirl,d peaceful protest was nt done by engineering student,nd nt for dem alone.dey started it bt were taken up frm dem becos of d injustice in d skul.
U are a girl
How do u feel hearing dat female student are being raped by fulani herdsmen in d skul premises?nd d v.c is not saying abt dat.
How wil u feel if u hear dat ur brother was stabbed by dsame fulani herdsmen in d skul premises? and is d directive of d v.c.
Millions of Nigerians are waiting to be admitted,Yes.if d students in d skul dnt put tins rite nw.wen u come in,u wil do dsame tin.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2012
Pls dis place is nt created 4 protests or protestants. its meant for aspirants(both the admitted n nt yet admitted asp) of the institution n i dnt thnk dispute on protest or nt protest, accreditation or nt accredtn on unaccredited courses shud b allowed here @ all. U cant stay there and b discouraging us here bcus we ar @ hom 4 many months evn yr livng a solitary n unhappy life due to patienc we av b takn n yet u ar there discouragng n saying anoda thing entirely which is diffrt to our thirst.we know d achievng status of our friends we wrot Jamb 2geda dis yr who av b admitted to oda institution.so y den are u diverting dis forum to oda thng nt concern us. Is evn beta u tel us to quit frm dis plac or u quit to create urs. PLS AND PLS STOP AGRAVATING THE PAINS IN OUR MND N TRY TO USE UR IDEA N EXPERIENC TO GIV UR OUR DEMANDS.We nid mor optimistic student of UniAbuja to always appear here with there words of comfort. Tnx.. Lest i 4get i wnt to use this medium to ask dat; is d JAMB list uploaded;certain n Geniue bcus my name is there n av printed d Jamb admission Leta n shud i b expectng my name in d merit list anytim it comes out??
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by johneewalker(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2012
@stanley...f**k weda d v.c nd minister of edu are classmates or are dating..datz bullshit..ma aunty mrs chinwe obaji was d past minister of edu..I was told by her nt 2 put dis skul bt I just luv d skul...I knw wat ah sufferd on d post utme day..I wount protest 4 any1..am wishing u guyz d best in ya protest.we wrote post utme in july while oda skuls dat wrote september has released dia list..guy feel our pain..put urself in ma shoe..if a student cn just go 2 d v.c's office nd faint..then I guess sumtin will happen..4 d last tym.am nt protesting.av oda tinz 2 tink abt..tankz
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2012
@ Safarigirl, you have just proved yourself to be the most selfish Uniabuja aspirant on Nairaland, you are here spating dis page with saliva just becaus admision list has not been released. U have just stayed for 4 months (july-november) @ home & you are here shouting foul, what of students dat have almost WASTED FOUR (4) YEARS, how else do you want them 2 react, you are only interested in seing that the admision list is released & you being admited, but you forget that there are people who are in a more dreadful pain than you think you are. Before u gush out your selfish opinions, think of the pains those already involved r going through, nobody wants his/her school to be given a bad name & that is what you failed to understand, this protest is showcased to express students dissatisfaction with the present situation of the school, it is to save YOU the future problem ahead of YOU, think befor you talk.
Goodday!
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2012
@ Daramola, don't be too quick to conclude that aspirants are being discouraged, when you speak that way, you show not to care about what others are going through, it is because the students care about you that's why they are given you updates here, what if they don't?
Giving you updates about students protests are not meant to discourage you, but to tell why the think the admision list MOST be delayed, if it doesn't come to your notice now through this protest that most of the courses ofered here are not accredited, when you find yourself here come next year by God's grace, I bet you, you will do even more than these students are doing presently.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by blackdream: 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2012
@daramola and @safarigirl May God have mercy on you two for criticizing people fighting for ur future...all u pple are looking for is admission list at all cost no matter state of the school.....how are u going to get admitted without things been put in place? You two should apologies for ur immature state of mind that led to such inappropriate statements against ur fellow student!...@all protestants we feel ur struggle and painstaking efforts towards a better uniabuja..thanks
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2012
abeg make them protest make the skul beta bfr i come. they r doin a very good job. releasing the list makes no sense if there are unsolved problems on ground and puttin our future and theirs at stake
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
@lolla u are funny.
News around campus says 400level and 300levels will be starting their exams on d 3rd of december.
100level and 200level will do theirs january nxt year.
Be patient all,i knw ur pain.very soon d list will be out
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
@Stanley: is d skul makin effort to accredit those courses by now, or they've nt listened to you guys yet?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 10:12pm On Nov 22, 2012
C I gbadun ur speach Fight 4 us that the list shld cum out admission list p.utme If u do so we the student wil join u in wat ever u wnt us to do 4 d benefit of our future u can also get me on 2go:,cooljerry1
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by safarigirl(f): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
blackdream: @daramola and @safarigirl May God have mercy on you two for criticizing people fighting for ur future...all u pple are looking for is admission list at all cost no matter state of the school.....how are u going to get admitted without things been put in place? You two should apologies for ur immature state of mind that led to such inappropriate statements against ur fellow student!...@all protestants we feel ur struggle and painstaking efforts towards a better uniabuja..thanks
If you took the time to read my post, you'd realise that I meant that this stuff was approached in the wrong way.

When MLK wanted tofight, did he go about starting riots? He took his fight to city hall, I repeat, they have not approached this stuff inthe right way, hence, they will not get the desired result, haven'tthere been protests in the same school before concerning the VC? What happened? When the law accreditation stuff was on the frontburner, did people not protest? How far did they go?

Yes, I am selfish, because after two years of staying home, I am sick and tired of all this bullsh*t, nobody is fighting for me, every man for himself, they're only fighting their own cause, they would NOT protest if this had nothing to do with their faculty. I never claimed to be selfless.

Why haven't those in the school fought for us that have been waiting for the admission list long after our colleagues have started school? Hell! People are finishing their first semester and I'm still waiting for a godddamned admission list, that from the looks of it, won't be out till next year...make that three years of house-sitting.

Nobody should come here and give me the 'I'm disappointed in you' speech, cos at this point I'm past caring what anyone thinks....then y'all have the effrontery to come here and ask us, who are struggling to enter said school, to support a cause that already has 'failure' stamped on it....when Unical went on their riot, the school was shutdown for 6 months, this school that has never been stable will probably take around the same time.

Forgive me if I'm just a bit selfish, but everyone can't be selfless.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by safarigirl(f): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
angry
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2012
@ safarigirl: i sense anger in all this things u are typin, bt dnt u tink u r takin all these too far. maybe u shuld calm down alittle n pray cus all dis ur blabbing wnt chng d situation of tins, d vc cant read all these u r writin n besides i dnt think he cares if uve stayed at home fr 7yrs. whether they protest or not girl, the list will come out wen it is to come out. everytin wrks together fr gud.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by safarigirl(f): 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2012
lolla156: @ safarigirl: i sense anger in all this things u are typin, bt dnt u tink u r takin all these too far. maybe u shuld calm down alittle n pray cus all dis ur blabbing wnt chng d situation of tins, d vc cant read all these u r writin n besides i dnt think he cares if uve stayed at home fr 7yrs. whether they protest or not girl, the list will come out wen it is to come out. everytin wrks together fr gud.
I'm not angry at the VC, he's the least of my many problems, rather I'm angry at the numbskulls that have been there and allowed the abuse for so long, only to jump into action when yawa gas for their side.

Yes, I'm typing out of anger and frustration, since some people have the nerve to call me selfish when the actions of others reek of the same thing. Human beings are generally selfish, so don't attribute the trait to a few people, simply because they aren't pretentious, or would you rather have me come here and sound my support for this act when I'm actually seething in reality?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by udochika(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
what I can say about this "safarigirl" is, she is one spoiled rich girl seeking for attention on NL. plz if u don't have any thing to say just stop wasting cyber space for ppl who have something meaningful to type. abi u b journalist ??
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by safarigirl(f): 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
udochika: what I can say about this "safarigirl" is, she is one spoiled rich girl seeking for attention on NL. plz if u don't have any thing to say just stop wasting cyber space for ppl who have something meaningful to type. abi u b journalist ??
Dude, if I was a spoiled rich girl, I wouldn't be here crying over a sh*tty school like this, I would be in some fancy private school, where accommodation is two in a room, the lecturers don't go on strike, and the facilities are in excellent condition. So take your Dr. Phil opinion to someone who cares instead of trying to analyze people you don't know squat about.

I already got my admission, I'm just waiting for the darned school to start, so it's not like I'm having an attack.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 3:52am On Nov 23, 2012
safarigirl: If you took the time to read my post, you'd realise that I meant that this stuff was approached in the wrong way.

When MLK wanted tofight, did he go about starting riots? He took his fight to city hall, I repeat, they have not approached this stuff inthe right way, hence, they will not get the desired result, haven'tthere been protests in the same school before concerning the VC? What happened? When the law accreditation stuff was on the frontburner, did people not protest? How far did they go?

Yes, I am selfish, because after two years of staying home, I am sick and tired of all this bullsh*t, nobody is fighting for me, every man for himself, they're only fighting their own cause, they would NOT protest if this had nothing to do with their faculty. I never claimed to be selfless.

Why haven't those in the school fought for us that have been waiting for the admission list long after our colleagues have started school? Hell! People are finishing their first semester and I'm still waiting for a godddamned admission list, that from the looks of it, won't be out till next year...make that three years of house-sitting.

Nobody should come here and give me the 'I'm disappointed in you' speech, cos at this point I'm past caring what anyone thinks....then y'all have the effrontery to come here and ask us, who are struggling to enter said school, to support a cause that already has 'failure' stamped on it....when Unical went on their riot, the school was shutdown for 6 months, this school that has never been stable will probably take around the same time.

Forgive me if I'm just a bit selfish, but everyone can't be selfless.
young lady,u jst non repentant.
I do like to talk to u on phone
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by seth002(m): 9:17am On Nov 23, 2012
Stanley07:
young lady,u jst non repentant.
I do like to talk to u on phone
u dis safari of a gal...if nobody do dis nw,wen u ar admittd u wil do dsame nd if u dnt do it,u wil remain in d skul for many years.do u tink d VC is ready to do anytin? Were is d 16billn...if this problem persist nd u ar admittd jst be ready to fight or spend donkey yrs in abuja...u go jst come here dey type like say na news paper u dey write.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2012
my goodness what kind of girl is dis safarigirl
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by pamela1301: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2012
Like guys serzly? Omg see d way u guys re arguin over sumtn dat.......anyways,let's pray dat God has his way nd we all get wat we wnt,stp blamin em jambites,u dnt knw d pain we pass tru stayin at hme,watchn ur classmates tell u gudbye,dey ve gotn admissn,if u once flt like dat den u'll undastnd.bt if u dnt plz jump in2 our shoes nd undastnd,ion blame safari grl,she z furstrated,I am too,imagne ur second skul classmates always askin wen u gona go to skul like dem....nd u kip gvin d old same bullsh*t.......nd my mum sayin dat she z gonna fast nd pray for uni abj....lord have mercy.....anyways let's all pray everytn wrks out well.plz dnt insult or abuse anybdy.its all jst furstration nd anger,nbdy z perfct,we re all human beigns.....let's jst focus on wat we re here for,'INFORMATION'....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by blackdream: 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2012
Lets have peace and calmness once again on this thread. Like pamela said all the arguements and foul language here should be blame on fustration. (person wey dey vex,no vex again)
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Benedict2406: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
Pls sue for peace, let everybody pray to God concern the list to I prayed for earlia arrival of admission list why you are a loger-head pls I beg every body that need admission list of Uniabuja to pray very well inorder not this argument to affect us pls once again...

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.