Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,355 members, 7,843,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates - Education (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates (627236 Views)

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty

Faculty of Law/Arts: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Education: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: which of these is your proposed faculty?

Faculty of Law/Arts: 28% (15 votes)
Faculty of Sciences: 26% (14 votes)
Faculty of Education: 1% (1 vote)
Faculty of Management Sciences: 17% (9 votes)
Faculty of Social Sciences: 25% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Olabisi Onabanjo University 2016/2017 Admission Updates And Assistance / Futo 2015/2016 Admission Updates / University Of Abuja(uniabuja) 2015/2016 News Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
:
The National Universities Commission has
uncovered 49 illegal universities operating
in Nigeria.
According to the NUC, the universities are
not recognized by the Federal Government
and have therefore been shut down.
A statement on Tuesday by the Executive
Secretary of the NUC, Prof. Julius Okogie,
therefore warned parents and guardians
not to patronize the universities.
Okogie equally revealed that the
commission was engaged in legal battles
with eight other universities over illegal
operation.
The statement by Okogie, on Tuesday,
reads in full:
The National Universities Commission
wishes to announce to the general public,
especially parents and prospective
undergraduates that the under-listed
“Degree Mills” have not been licensed by
the Federal Government and have,
therefore, been closed down for violating
the Education (National Minimum
Standards etc) Act CAP E3 Law of the
Federation of Nigeria 2004.
They are:
1) University of Accountancy and
Management Studies, operating anywhere
in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American
University of Science & Technology, Nkpor,
Anambra State or any of its other
campuses.
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or
any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences &
Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin
or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of
its other campuses.
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta
Region, Ghana or any of its other
campuses in Nigeria.
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800,
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other
campuses.
cool Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi
State or any of its other campuses.
9) Sunday Adokpela University, Otada
Adoka, Otukpo, Benue State or any of its
other campuses.
10) United Christian University, Macotis
Campus, Imo State or any of its other
campuses.
11) United Nigeria University College,
Okija, Anambra State or any of its other
campuses.
12) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi,
Benue State or any of its other campuses.
13) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers
State or any of its other campuses.
14) Saint Augustine’s University of
Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its
other campuses.
15) The International University, Missouri,
USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any
of its campuses in Nigeria.
16) Collumbus University, UK operating
anywhere in Nigeria.
17) Tiu International University, UK
operating anywhere in Nigeria.
18) Pebbles University, UK operating
anywhere in Nigeria.
19) London External Studies UK operating
anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Pilgrims University operating anywhere
in Nigeria.
21) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue
State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
22) West African Christian University
23) Bolta University College Aba or any of
its campuses in Nigeria.
24) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee
University) Kaduna Illegal Campus.
25) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State
or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) St. Andrews University College, Abuja
27) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja
Lagos Study Centre.
28) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo
Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in
Nigeria
29) Concept College/Universities (London)
Ilorin or any of its campuses in Nigeria
30) Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or
any of its campuses in Nigeria
31) Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or
any of its campuses in Nigeria
32) Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo State
33) Fifom University, Mbaise, Imo State or
any of its campuses in Nigeria.
34) Houdegbe North American University
campuses in Nigeria.
35) Atlantic Intercontinental University,
Okija, Anambra State.
36) Open International University, Akure.
37) Middle Belt University (North Central
University), Otukpo.
38) Leadway University, Ughelli, Delta
State.
39) Metro University, Dutse/Bwari, Abuja.
40) Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru
(Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State.
41) Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu
State.
42) Federal College of Complementary and
Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
43) Temple University, Abuja.
44) Irish University Business School
London, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
45) National University of Technology,
Lafia, Nasarawa State.
46) University of Accountancy and
Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos –
Ibadan. Expressway and its Annex at 41,
Ikorodu Road, Lagos.
47) University of Education, Winneba
Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
48) Cape Coast University, Ghana,
49) African University Cooperative
Development (AUCD), Cotonou, Benin
Republic. operating anywhere in Nigeria.
In addition to the closure, the following
Degree Mills are currently undergoing
further investigations and/or ongoing court
actions. The purpose of these actions is to
prosecute the proprietors and recover
illegal fees and charges on subscribers.
1) National University of Nigeria, Keffi,
Nasarawa State
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue
State
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and
University, Enugu
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu,
Abia State.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti,
Ekiti State
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia
State.
cool Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose
Alli University
For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who
patronises or obtains any certificate from
any of these illegal institutions does so at
his or her own risk. Certificates obtained
from these sources will not be recognised
for the purposes of NYSC, employment,
and further studies.
The relevant Law enforcement agencies
have also been informed for their further
necessary action.
* This list of illegal institutions is not
exhaustive.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Olayemiy: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Where are my fellow Microbiologist.I rep oyo state....AJI SEBI OYO LAARI....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by bsquare18(f): 8:38pm On Apr 19, 2013
Fellow aspirant, heard uniabj is nt goin on breaks.... I'm nt 2sure bt ppl in abj aw 2ru is dis?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
10th Inaugural Iecture! On wed,24t 2013 Time 3pm venue ETF hal,main campus Airport raod Topic- Odyssy of Nigeria' Economic Development the Journey so far
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Dfinex1: 10:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
Olayemiy: Where are my fellow Microbiologist.I rep oyo state....AJI SEBI OYO LAARI....
olayemi,hw much dem dey take do indegine /local gvt certificate 4rm oyo state
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
FG suspends 4 UniAbuja programmes

April 03, 2012 19:23

NAN-H-107

UniAbuja

Abuja, April 3, 2012 (NAN) The Federal Government on Tuesday  in Abuja announced the suspension of four academic programmes of University of Abuja (UniAbuja).
The programmes are Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering and Agriculture.
The Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i, said the action was to protect the quality of the university education system.
Rufa’iadded that the ministry was inundated with complaints by students and their parents on the status of the four professional programmes.
She said it was pertinent to note that before the establishment of the programmes, many factors should have been considered.
The minister identified the factors to include the physical infrastructure, such as  lecture halls and theatres, learning  resources and staff and consultation with relevant professional bodies.
She said ``these factors were not considered before the establishment of the courses.''
Rufa'i added that students were admitted to these programmes against the advice of the NUC.
``It is on record that the university had continued to offer these programmes against the NUC 
directive on  their stoppage.
``Consequently, we are now in a situation where students who were admitted into these programmes spent so many years without a graduation date.''
The education minister directed that all new admissions into the programmes remained suspended, while NUCand JAMB should work out the modalities for redistributing the students already admitted into the four programmes to other universities.
She urged UniAbuja to absorb some of the affected students into accredited  interrelated degree programmes.
Rufa'i directed the NUC to identify such programmes in the university system for the ministry’s
similar action.
``The ministry has initiated the process of strengthening the governance structure of the
university to ensure compliance and effective programmes development.'' (NAN)
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2013
2013-02-15 11:11

Abuja - The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) on Thursday appealed to the Federal Government to resolve the University of Abuja’s lingering crisis to enable final year students of the university to graduate on schedule.

The newly elected President of NANS, Mr Adeyinka Gbadebo, made the call in Abuja at the association’s 27th National Inauguration ceremony with theme: ``Repositioning Nigerian Students for National Socio-political Development’’.

Gbadebo said the crisis had lingered for too long without a solution, noting that if nothing was done, the students would bear the brunt.

He appealed to the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufai, to take measures aimed at at ensuring lasting solution to the crisis.

``We want the Federal Government to resolve the crisis in the university speedily; these students have been suffering for months now and our hearts go out to them.

``NANS is not happy because there are many of our mates there that ought to have graduated but are held down by the crisis; we appeal for the minister’s intervention,’’ he said.

Gbadebo also appealed to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to review its new policy, directing students admitted for pre-degree and pre-OND to pay money to JAMB before obtaining a letter.

He alleged that the policy would lead to the exploitation of students by the board and should therefore, be reviewed.

Earlier, the Imo Governor, Mr Rochas Okorocha, urged the students to have attitudinal change so as to be productive members of the society.

Okorocha said that youths were the pivot upon which any country was built, adding that Nigeria with its abundant wealth needed youths with vision to champion the cause of its development.

He said that youths needed not wait for white-collar jobs but should be self-reliant and industrious.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Stanley07(m): 6:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Sheanoel: hey presido/richez cn u pls confirm 100l hs finishd xams dat wuld officially kick off d countdown 2 d release of admisn list.
finished mine dats friday but the exams officially ends today saturday 20th
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Olayemiy: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2013
Dfinex1: olayemi,hw much dem dey take do indegine /local gvt certificate 4rm oyo state
@Dfinex it doesn't require any amount in some local government,but some are collecting #500 for it.it depends on your local government.......AJI SEBI OYO LAARI.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by PrincessKatex: 7:03am On Apr 20, 2013
Ooooooo my God no newz yet? Abeg am tired of sitting @ home ooo.unibuja abeg say somfin i want to b in abj latest on wednesday..d whole tin don tire me self.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by PrincessKatex: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2013
Is it tru d list is out?
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by johneewalker(m): 10:10am On Apr 20, 2013
princess no..patience pls.it is well
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by jerrytosin: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2013
try nd check ur Jamb 2 update it ur center nd ur Registration number if it has nt Bin change it can be dere or bi change for 2013-2014
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Sheanoel(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
hey jerrytosin im beginin 2 tink dat ure forcin urself 2 be a moderator. try nd shorten dix ur posts oh. nd tel us wat we dnt knw. nat dat "fg transferd engr studnts"
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
God is taking control of everyfin make una chil
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2013
Am here pol sci class rep add mee up pkd44 on 2go..waiting 4 d list uni abj loading..... coolAm here pol sci am ur class rep add mee up pkd44 on 2go..waiting 4 d list uni abj loading.....
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by NINHO(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
I rep accounting n am admittd jst waitin 2 kick start my work at uniabuja cum soon. 2go i.d @oshimole. One luv @uniabuja grt ple
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by kingobasi: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2013
any law student here lets hook together
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by francisNewton(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2013
too many irrelevant news/posts on dis tread haba if u got no current news about d list which is our prime interest y nt just shut up.n dis repin of tin is swellin up dis tread am nt sayin u shudnt hook up with ur fellow aspirant ooo but atleast haba n finally use did tym 2 pray dat u will nt b among dose dat will cry on d day d admission list will b released

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
Innalillahi..!!! I just heard that uni abj 2012/2013 addmission may be cancelled..no list wil cme out..is that true urgent rply pls..
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Olayemiy: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2013
All is well........uniabuja packaging..IT'S about to B-RED like DAVIDO'S Boy.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by tryxe: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
Exam officailly over wooow,,
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by youngweezy1: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2013
No ask dat kind tin abeg@umar pkd
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2013
young weezy: No ask dat kind tin abeg@umar pkd
answer mee pls if u knw.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by youngweezy1: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2013
Umar pkd: answer mee pls if u knw.
i hav nt heard anything lyk dat
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 20, 2013
young weezy: i hav nt heard anything lyk dat
k.tnx
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by daramolamercy2: 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
@pdk its a news dat cn nva com to pass.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
daramola.mercy2:
@pdk its a news dat cn nva com to pass.
we all hope dix news wil never cme.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2013
Hello guys! Long long tym, am suprised the list isnt out yet. Well i heard from a Lecturer to be precise, that, 2012/2013 admission may be cancelled, ur prayers may be needed to stop this from happening.
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by lolla156(f): 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2013
its not from just any kind of lecturer pls smiley
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by riby07(f): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
[quote author=lolla156]its not from just any kind of lecturer pls smiley[/quote
by Gods grace it wnt cme to pass
Re: University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates by mrpresido3: 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
All dis rumors abt canceling of d 2012/13 admss it has nt ben announce officially by d sch management. So I dnt even knw why smbdy will jst get up 1 day and beging to think dis way. We all knw d list has been ready since is jst to post it dat remain. Am in gwaz bt I dnt heard anytin like dat. D latest news in d sch now is going 4 break. Do u pple think it's posible 4 d sch to cancel d list. because as 4 me I see no reason 4 dat, what of u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (261) (Reply)

2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / Nigerian Defence Academy Admission Processes..........68-76RC / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.