Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,351 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' (12680 Views)

Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua / Didier Drogba Ruled Out Of Arsenal Match / Didier Drogba Marries Fiancée Lala Diakite In Monaco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by otumfour(m): 8:18pm On May 21, 2012
Didier Drogba has confirmed he plans to quit Chelsea following his Champions League final heroics, according France Football magazine.

The striker has been quoted saying he informed his team-mates of his decision during the club's open-top bus parade on Monday after leading them to the greatest moment in their history on Saturday night.
"We will no longer be together next season," the 34-year-old said in quotes attributed to France Football magazine.
Drogba, who has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Shanghai Shenhua when his Chelsea contract expires this summer, is said to have admitted he struggled to get the words out and burst into tears.
He went on to say: "As I decided to leave, I wanted to tell them straight in the eye. Except that I could not do it. They made me crack.
"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I find it hard to admit that it's over with this club - especially as I did not feel like this.
"But I could not see myself sitting on the bench to watch others play when the club plans to set up a new team.
"So that's it - I am preparing for my leap into the unknown. It's going to be another adventure."

source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21052012/58/premier-league-drogba-confirms-chelsea-exit.html

1 Like

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Akolawole(m): 9:38pm On May 21, 2012
Good luck to the big man.

It has been very fruitful 8 years.

Thank for everything.

You need that money for those hospitals in Abidjan

2 Likes

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:23am On May 22, 2012
You did alright!!

But why go to China?!!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by saints2(f): 9:26am On May 22, 2012
Its all good, best of luck in all your endeavours. We will miss you. A standing ovation.
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Shuen: 9:28am On May 22, 2012
Drogba,its better to leave when the ovation is LOUDEST,you are a Chelsea legend already.Good decision and best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by chelseabmw(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2012
thanks for everything drogba............God bless u drogba
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by PHIPEX(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2012
Not a bad decision afterall. Intelligent men know how to leave when the ovation is loudest. Best of Luck!!!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by maclatunji: 9:31am On May 22, 2012
Spirit of Okija: You did alright!!

But why go to China?!!

Tonnes of money and very beautiful country. tongue
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by 9jamasses: 9:31am On May 22, 2012
your Excellency sir! it's our pleasure to let u proceed into more successes. we will surely miss u Dr. Drog. All d best undecidedyour Excellency sir! it's our pleasure to let u proceed into more successes. we will surely miss u Dr. Drog. All d best
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Joey82(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2012
his agent has denied the exit talks on goal.com
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by icon2: 9:32am On May 22, 2012
otumfour: Didier Drogba has confirmed he plans to quit Chelsea following his Champions League final heroics, according France Football magazine.

The striker has been quoted saying he informed his team-mates of his decision during the club's open-top bus parade on Monday after leading them to the greatest moment in their history on Saturday night.
"We will no longer be together next season," the 34-year-old said in quotes attributed to France Football magazine.
Drogba, who has reportedly already agreed a deal to join Shanghai Shenhua when his Chelsea contract expires this summer, is said to have admitted he struggled to get the words out and burst into tears.
He went on to say: "As I decided to leave, I wanted to tell them straight in the eye. Except that I could not do it. They made me crack.
"Even though it's been three years since I said I wanted to leave, I find it hard to admit that it's over with this club - especially as I did not feel like this.
"But I could not see myself sitting on the bench to watch others play when the club plans to set up a new team.
"So that's it - I am preparing for my leap into the unknown. It's going to be another adventure."

source: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/21052012/58/premier-league-drogba-confirms-chelsea-exit.html

I will miss you! Wish you the best.
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by chelseabmw(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2012
you are a legend.....A legend you will always be cry
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by kunlekunle: 9:32am On May 22, 2012
to sign a 2yr contract
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Nobody: 9:33am On May 22, 2012
Negotiation to begin this week, they denied the exit talk
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by kusugh: 9:33am On May 22, 2012
Smart move Drogba,though we are going to miss you,but leaving when the ovation is high is the right thing to do.Sobs!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Funkymallam(m): 9:37am On May 22, 2012
Thanx for the gr8 8yrs u brought joy to us, wishing u all d best in ur future endevour.

Thnx for the Champions league trophy, its the right time to quit, on high and with pride.

U will always be rememered as a LEGEND in Chelsea!

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by 27naira(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2012
otumfour: Didier Drogba has confirmed he plans to quit Chelsea following his Champions League final heroics, according France Football magazine.

crocodile tears cheesy run away! batty bouy!!

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Emylexray(m): 9:44am On May 22, 2012
Why go china? I strongly believe Drogba has still got a lot to offer to any team. He is my player of the season in all competitions. V.p was effective, but Drogba was efficient.
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by tyson55(m): 9:47am On May 22, 2012
We will surely miss you The Drog. cry cry cry cry cry cry

***Burst out singing*** Their is only one Drogba.... There is only one Drogba.... We will miss U, We will surely miss U!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Nobody: 9:51am On May 22, 2012
Didier drogba! Hw i wish he retires @ chelsea
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by cyril83(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2012
Best of luck man!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Phems(m): 9:56am On May 22, 2012
...Drogba!!! We may get another good striker, i doubt if we can get a reliable one like you.

I am already missing you.

Wish you greater success wherever you go!
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2012
Ahhhh Double D (DD) no problem, there will be others after you but there will be none like you - Ever.
|China is good seeing that they are nowhere near 5 ft and you can out-muscle the largest defender in the Chinese League grin grin grin grin you will break records in China than in the EPL

1 Like

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by kasonud(m): 10:09am On May 22, 2012
You've made d fame,go and make more money wise man,pobably becoming shareholder one day.God bless u my brother,God bless d blues
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by worthytalk: 10:10am On May 22, 2012
Congratulations 2u Didier on ur sucesful CL glory. History wil alwys rememba u as 1 player dat brot glory 2 Stamfort Bridge, hweva, i wish b4 d inevitable aging dwn on u u shud b able 2 replicate d same club suces @ d national stage by bringin ur con3 glory. That wil mek u mo fulfilld as a fantastic player. Mo grease2 ur elbow.

1 Like

Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by 2kurupt(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2012
This goes out to the BLUES greatest striker...
Mr Utility!
Mr All-Wings!!
Dr Drog!!!

Best of luck as you set sail for more adventures
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by dadicvila(m): 10:11am On May 22, 2012
Forza Chief Drogba aka Gunboat...i hardly respect footballers who ply their trade in the EPL but this man have won my respect and admiration over the years...*salutes*
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by dadicvila(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2012
Viewing this topic: Phems,
shadrach77, Dheymola,
murphyrichy, Empiror, A-ZeD
(m), onyxo76(m), General
zod(m), Kuulnomsy(m), zicky
(m), dadicvila(m), kasonud
(m), But_one_day, Emylexray
(m), edlion57, deli.cious(m),
worthytalk, 2kurupt(m),
anubaba20002000(m),
konami001, realwale and 58
guest(s)
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by edlion57(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2012
dr drog. called me a fews ago dat he is no longer leaving chelsea
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Butoneday2(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2012
Earlier the better? Just go and carry dat dooh!!! Time no dey again?
Re: Didier Drogba Confirms Chelsea Exit' by Butoneday2(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2012
But_one_day: Earlier the better? Just go and carry dat dooh!!! Time no dey again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Watford (2 - 0) On 29th September 2018 / Oxford Vs Arsenal : FA Cup (0 - 3) On 9th January 2022 / The World's Best Free Kick Taker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.