Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco (4306 Views)

Lafarge Wapco Field Sales Manager / Lafarge / Wapco Vacancies / Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by aj6: 10:15am On May 22, 2012
Hello House,

I really need help in making a decision between joining Lafarge or EMTS (etisalat. currently got offers from both parties.Pay is slightly better in Lafarge but i need to move to the mainland from Ajah. I do not want to make it about money but career progression. Used to be in a bank and would really appreciate your contributions on the work environment and ethics in both places.

Thanks
Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by baroncy: 8:01am On May 24, 2012
Hi Poster,

The two companies mentioned are world class.

I used to be a staff of Lafarge Wapco, although I left after 4 months. Its a nice place to work, their operation is expanding. They are one of the biggest cement company in the world.

It depends on the department you are posted to; their operation can be quite slow and decision making a little better than that of the average government agency and some of the key staff are laid back. Coming from the banking sector you may find this unconventional, lest I forget, growth could be kind of slow in some departments as staff hardly leave the company and thus a lot of staff with 15-20yrs experience staff in most departments. Although, of recent mgt started employing more people from outside to bring in new ideas and exposure. In all its a nice place to work, as there is emphasis on training.

I don't know anything abt EMTS, my advice is money is not everything. Career growth is key in taking this decision.

I wish u the best!!

1 Like

Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by aj6: 3:18pm On May 24, 2012
Thanks
Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by DejiDunni: 1:24am On May 31, 2012
Hi Please AJ how was your interview with Lafarge, I mean how did it go, I just stumbled on this discussion and fortunately I have an interview scheduled for me tomorrow 31 of May 2012.

Please I will like you to respond promptly because the interview with take place 12pm tomorrow.

Thanks.

DJ.
Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by aj6: 11:42am On May 31, 2012
Hi, its more of questions from your CV (defend your CV),your field of study, Your strengths and what your career plan is.(try to be flexible)

Just be confident, go straight to the point and know when to stop talking rather than saying too many things that can be used against you.

Mine was for a middle management role and my CV was obtained from the Business School where i did my MBA.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by DejiDunni: 11:46pm On May 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your response, just exactly what you said, it was the CV basically they used to conduct the interview. I think I have an edge because of my experience. Its an IT position.

Can you tell how long it took for them to contact you?

Thanks again for your response.

Cheers,

DJ.
Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by aj6: 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
A week.

All the best
Re: EMTS Or Lafarge Wapco by Kahbeer1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
I need link to apply for job at lafarge Africa and wamco plc please

(1) (Reply)

Marie Stopes International NGO Vacancy - 30 Positions. Apply Fast / Paystack Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Transcorp Nigeria Now Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.