Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,279 members, 7,860,645 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England (776 Views)

Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia / Mikel Disappointed Me But I Wont Punish Him - Keshi / Euro 2008: Pictures and Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by jerrymania(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2007
how i hate the english team. but i came to think about how i enjoyed past editions of European nations cup and what made it interesting for me was the english team. the loud mouthed king without a crown actually makes every tournament interesting. maybe i just love seeing them fail. angry
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by McOmo(m): 2:59am On Nov 19, 2007
Nice one jerry ! Lol
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by doyin13(m): 3:26am On Nov 19, 2007
A bit of haterade you might have gulped, but you make a good point.

And the Scots would have been a great addition as well.
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by bimbor(m): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2007
Then they'd better qualify on wednesday. My best europe sides are France and England cos they both play entertaining football and what do we stand to gain from watching d game than d fun.i dont like germany they r too desperate italy is too rough.and besides i love seein T.henry,W.Gallas,S.Gerrard and F.Lampard play. I'm sure England will qualify all they need is a draw on wednesday.
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by bimbor(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2007
I read somewhere that Rooney and Owen will miss England clash against Croatia on wednesday.Can Crouch do the job?
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by chuckdee4(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2007
bimbor:

I read somewhere that Rooney and Owen will miss England clash against Croatia on wednesday.Can Crouch do the job?

Rooney's injured
As for England, i guess its always nice to see someone brag then fail. I used to like England until i moved here and realised how much they brag and claim to be the best in the world
The Scotland team have more heart than the last 10 English teams, imagine England in Scotlands group, they would have withered ages ago, when they struggle with the likes of Israel n Russia, France n Italy would have had them for lunch. Kudos to Scotland though, i hate the fact that they didn't qualify
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by Banderas(m): 10:44am On Nov 19, 2007
I agree Chuck, the english seem to have a lot of pride and no heart. They are so far removed from the valiant and humble english sprit we were brainwashed with back in school.

That said, the UK is my adopted home, and ANY british team that qualifies will have my support in one form or the other.

And yes, I did support the UK during the last world cup, except wheh they played against trinidad
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by dayokanu(m): 11:46am On Nov 19, 2007
Countries that qualify would have someone to wallop if England qualify so England should qualify so that some countries would have an easy ride.
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by Banderas(m): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2007
I sincerely doubt that England will be an easy ride.
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by dayokanu(m): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2007
For someone struggling with Russia, Croatia, Macedonia, Israel, Andorra I dont think they would cope with European elites
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by chuckdee4(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2007
If England do qualify i don't see them getting past the semi's at the most.
Yes they struggle against the linkes of mid teams liek Russia n co, but England's defence can be stingy which sort of enables them get by, bu they can forget about winning it co ethe likes of Italy, France, Germany will not be beaten by this current England team
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2007
i cant remember any european elite that had a smooth ride when playing against England. remind me please. England a whooping team!!!! you must be on high on some drugs
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by LoveKing(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2007
tkb417:

i can't remember any european elite that had a smooth ride when playing against England. remind me please. England a whooping team!!!! you must be on high on some drugs

ok i can remember one: Croatia tongue
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by Iman3(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2007
The question is whether you prefer a fixture like-Germany v Russia or Germany v England.Do you prefer watching Pavlychenko to Rooney.Would you rather watch Arshavin,Kerzhakov or Joe Cole and Steven Gerrald
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by Harlex(m): 1:23am On Nov 23, 2007
as for me a Manchester united fan, i will be having just 5 players in competition. it would av been more intresting seeing my players play for england.
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by toshmann(m): 1:30am On Nov 23, 2007
abi ooo, england and their fans are the spice of the tournament. imagine african cup without nigeria. south africa 96 was kinda incomplete and we never failed to let the bafana bafana know that they won an incomplete cup. i would love croatia to meet russia at some stage in the tournament angry
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by A40(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2007
I-man:

The question is whether you prefer a fixture like-Germany v Russia or Germany v England.Do you prefer watching Pavlychenko to Rooney.Would you rather watch Arshavin,Kerzhakov or Joe Cole and Steven Gerrald
Who cares? They had their chance to qualify and they didnt take it.Down with the 3 Lions
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by toshmann(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2007
euro 2008 wont be as exciting as it woulda been had the 3 rats lions been there. by the way, A-40 where is KoolD? I've not seen her for sometime. if anything happens to the princess of anfield. . . . . .
Re: Euro 2008 Wont Be Interesting Without England by presido1: 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2007
I will be very happy watching other teams play real football not over hyped players thinking of WAGS.
If you play well you qualify if u dont just chiken out and let others entertain us. If they were in Scots group they will be at the bottom of the it. Look at scot with no player earning upto £50k a week but they still gave the two finalist in the last world cup a run for their stars.

I WILL ENJOY THE TORNAMENT.

(1) (Reply)

Shortzandminiz.com / Berti Goat Sorry Volks, Wateva Is Not Yet Sacked So Nfa Says / Westerhof Again! (for Super Eagles)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.