Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed (1306 Views)

Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? / Am About To Resign Because Of My Boss Wickedness,harrassments And Embarassments! / It's Time To Resign! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by Kewt: 7:21am On May 24, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,
I work with a pharmaceutical Company and have just been transferred to Gusau, Zamfara state.

Please i have never been to this part of the country and some friends including family have advised me to resign mainly
because of the insecurity in the north

In the mean time, I have decided to resume there but will like to rent an apartment in a christian dominated area.

Please I crave for advise from nairalanders who currently live, or have once stayed in the serene city of Gusau, Zamfara state to suggest peaceful and christian dominated areas where utilities like electricity and water are readily available.

I earn about N2.8 million per annum and have a brand new toyota yaris given to me by the company as a working tool. Hence the option of leaving the job is not appealing to me for now since i have got no replacement job yet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Re: Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by livapul86(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2012
^^
Tough decision to make. I perfectly understand the sentiments shared by your friends and family but at this moment when there are no jobs, I completely applaud your decision to make the move to Gusau, Zamfara. Am not sure I have read of any report of large scale violence or attack in Zamfara, so it just might be relatively safe. For accommodation, your colleagues in Zamfara are in better stead to put you in the right direction.
Re: Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by yemmyma: 10:33am On May 24, 2012
Go to the North and continue your job. Try applying for some other jobs whilst on that. If you get a better offer you can go back to where you were coming from.

1 Like

Re: Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by AjanleKoko: 2:50pm On May 24, 2012
Very tough one.
I advise you try to find out all you can about the situation out there. Though Sokoto/Kebbi/Zamfara has been quiet so far.
You can keep the job, but make sure you are looking for offers down south.

1 Like

Re: Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by marjo: 4:07pm On May 29, 2012
Job hunting from so far is not practical. Few employers will foot the cost of your coming south for an interview and how often will u take permission to travel for jobs u aren't even sure of getting. Unless u are being 'head hunted' it won't happen. Gusau is too far out. My advice: move, give yourself a timeline to save(the north is a cheap place to stay in compared to the south) then put in ur resignation and move back south.by the way why r u househunting when they r d ones sending u there? Also forget the ride - that is how they tie pple down . Anyway good lu. ck at the end the decision is ur's to makem
Re: Asked To Resign My Well Paying Job..advise Needed by BABSIN(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2012
Please stay with your Job for now while you search for another...My best friend and blood brother are both in Kano presently and for them Life still goes on. Zamfara is still a better dwelling in the North and I trust you will enjoy the hospitality of your host city...

(1) (Reply)

Are You A "Certified" Marine Surveyor? / Do You Want To Apply For Peace Corps Of Nigeria? You Must Read This / What Is The Best Engineering Course To Study Looking At Nigeria Situation Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.