Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Who Is The Creator?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Creator?? (2045 Views)

The Book Of Revelation Is Not From The Creator Of The Universe / Was God The Creator Of Evil? (poverty, Sickness, Natural Disasters, Etc) / HERMAPHRODITES: The Creator's Imperfection??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Creator?? by tohirah(f): 1:00pm On May 24, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
Christians say Jesus is the son of God and they still claim the same jesus is the creator,originator etc. Since he is the son of God,then his father should be the one doing the creation,giving life or death etc. By the way why would you leave the father and worship the son when you can communicate with father yourself? I wanna know but no insults pls frm both religions and the "no-religion"
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:20pm On May 24, 2012
There is no way of any of us knowing the answer to this question as long as we are in this reality, so what is the point of even asking the question to begin with.

Besides, what is the point of trying to know, anyhow? Knowing the answer won't add much to our lives even if we happen on the identity of the creator by accident.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by tohirah(f): 2:40pm On May 24, 2012
Jenwitemi: There is no way of any of us knowing the answer to this question as long as we are in this reality, so what is the point of even asking the question to begin with.

Besides, what is the point of trying to know, anyhow? Knowing the answer won't add much to our lives even if we happen on the identity of the creator by accident.

I think the creator should be worshipped and not his subject. So this gives the need to know who actually is the creator
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2012
tohirah: [color=#000099][/color]
Christians say Jesus is the son of God and they still claim the same jesus is the creator,originator etc. Since he is the son of God,then his father should be the one doing the creation,giving life or death etc. By the way why would you leave the father and worship the son when you can communicate with father yourself? I wanna know but no insults pls frm both religions and the "no-religion"

You can't separate God the father from God the son. Verses in the bible made it clear that Jesus is God, he is worthy to be worshiped too.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 6:30pm On May 24, 2012
jmoore:

You can't separate God the father from God the son. Verses in the bible made it clear that Jesus is God, he is worthy to be worshiped too.

Clearly, God is a racist Jew grin grin grin grin grin grin

Matthew 15:22-28
New International Version (NIV)
22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2012
logicboy:

Clearly, God is a racist Jew grin grin grin grin grin grin

“Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Why did he heal her if he was racist? Don't derail this thread with those foolish logic of yours, grow up dude!!
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 6:45pm On May 24, 2012
jmoore:

Why did he heal her if he was racist? Don't derail this thread with those foolish logic of yours, grow up dude!!

If you took your dying son to a doctor, and the doctor tells you that he only treats Isrealites and then you had to beg before he heals your son. Would you ver say that the doctor is a good person? Isnt the doctor a racist irrespective of the healing of your son?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2012
@logicboy no need debating about this because you have said it over and over again on different threads. You have no idea what Jesus meant by "the lost sheep" neither do you know when Jesus tests someone. If Jesus was really racist,he should not have healed her.

You don't believe in God yet you believed Jesus healed her, SMH
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 6:57pm On May 24, 2012
jmoore: @logicboy no need debating about this because you have said it over and over again on different threads. You have no idea what Jesus meant by "the lost sheep" neither do you know when Jesus tests someone. If Jesus was really racist,he should not have healed her.

You don't believe in God yet you believed Jesus healed her, SMH

Clearly, as an atheist I dont believe in supernatural healing but that is besides the point.

You point is now that doctors can not be racist if they heal people, which is actually part of their job?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2012
@logicboy You have no idea what Jesus meant by "the lost sheep" neither do you know when Jesus tests someone, therefore you can't compare Jesus to the doctor's story.

JOHN 3:16 made it clear that salvation is available for all "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 7:17pm On May 24, 2012
jmoore: @logicboy You have no idea what Jesus meant by "the lost sheep" neither do you know when Jesus tests someone, therefore you can't compare Jesus to the doctor's story.

JOHN 3:16 made it clear that salvation is available for all "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"

I was a christian for 22 years. It is not only insulting but a lie to claim that I do not know the meaning of the verse or about Jesus.

Sorry, but you can not fool me. Jesus was racist there. What was the point of testing the woman's faith when she had faith that Jesus could help her? She already had faith in Jesus!
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2012
logicboy:

I was a christian for 22 years. It is not only insulting but a lie to claim that I do not know the meaning of the verse or about Jesus.

Sorry, but you can not fool me. Jesus was racist there. What was the point of testing the woman's faith when she had faith that Jesus could help her? She already had faith in Jesus!

You are angry that Jesus healed her which killed your only proof. You were just a church goer, you don't understand the bible. I think you are very confused
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 7:27pm On May 24, 2012
jmoore:

You are angry that Jesus healed her which killed your only proof. You were just a church goer, you don't understand the bible. I think you are very confused

Racist doctors also heal people.

What proof do you have that shows that I was only a church goer? What makes you think that I have not read the bible? Do you just throw out lies?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by thehomer: 8:15pm On May 24, 2012
tohirah: [color=#000099][/color]

Well, I'm the creator. Come and worship me.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2012
Whether you want to worship the creator or not should be your own personal choice. Build yourself a shrine and worship away.
tohirah:

I think the creator should be worshipped and not his subject. So this gives the need to know who actually is the creator
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by tohirah(f): 10:43pm On May 30, 2012
jmoore:

so how many Gods do we have now. Some christians tell me Jesus is the like a gateway to God and now you tell me he is God??
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 10:18am On May 31, 2012
tohirah:

so how many Gods do we have now. Some christians tell me Jesus is the like a gateway to God and now you tell me he is God??

God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit. They are one like a husband and a wife who are one
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by italo: 2:08pm On May 31, 2012
God wants us to come to him through his Son, Jesus who is also God. Together with the Holy Spirit, they make up the Holy Trinity - Three persons in one God.

You are not to dictate how you want to worship God. God is to dictate how you should.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by Ptolomeus(m): 7:49pm On May 31, 2012
italo: God wants us to come to him through his Son, Jesus who is also God. Together with the Holy Spirit, they make up the Holy Trinity - Three persons in one God.

You are not to dictate how you want to worship God. God is to dictate how you should.

The holy trinity that you cite existed since the year 325 AD. Not before. Jesus never accepted the concept of three gods in one.
When you say that God wants us to come to him for his son ... you talk about the biblical God asking children and virgin sacrifices for him? Of that god are you talking about?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore:

Which verses in the bible made this clear?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 1:53pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

Which verses in the bible made this clear?

Jesus is the son of God

1-Luke 1:35 "angel answered, The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the [size=15pt]"Son of God.""[/size]

2-John 1:34 John the baptist said "I have seen and I testify that this is the [size=15pt]"Son of God.""[/size]

3-Even the demons said so in Matthew 8:29 "What do you want with us, [size=15pt]"Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?""[/size]

4-voice from heaven declaring the son of God in
Luke 3:22 "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved [size=15pt]"Son;"[/size] in thee I am well pleased."

5-Matthew 17:5 "While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved [size=15pt]"Son,"[/size] in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

6-John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, [size=15pt]""My Lord and my God!"[/size]", Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

7-Matthew 17:33 "And those who were in the boat [size=15pt]"worshiped Him"[/size], saying, “You are certainly a [size=15pt]"God’s Son!”"[/size]
Matthew 28:9 "And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and [size=15pt]"worshiped Him."[/size]"
They worshiped him because he is God.

8-John 10:30 "[size=15pt]"I and the Father are one.”"[/size]

9-John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be [size=15pt]"God"[/size]." The Jews wanted to stone him because he said he is God

10-Luke 22:70 "They all asked, "Are you then the [size=15pt]"Son of God?"[/size]" He replied, "You are right in saying I am." and John 19:7 "The Jews insisted, "We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the [size=15pt]"Son of God"[/size]."

11-Even Jesus asked the question to his disciples in Matthew 16:15-17 " He said to them, “And who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the [size=15pt]"Son of the living God"[/size].” And Jesus answered him, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven!”

From the words of the apostles
Paul said in Colossians 1:15 "[size=15pt]"He is the image of the invisible God"[/size]..."
John said in John 1:2 "[size=15pt]"He was with God in the beginning"[/size]..."

Jesus is God!!!
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
^^^^So none then.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind: ^^^^So none then.

You are too blind to see it, thats why
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore:

You are too blind to see it, thats why

when did son of god = god?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

when did son of god = god?

Is the baby of a lion not a lion?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore:

Is the baby of a lion not a lion?

If I follow your argument, then all believers are god then.

John 1:12

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God –

If children of lion are lion, then children of god are god. Right?
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

If I follow your argument, then all believers are god then.

John 1:12

12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God –

If children of lion are lion, then children of god are god. Right?

Yes, you are right but you should note that this son of God is unique.

-Jesus was worshiped and deserves worship. Christians are not to be worshiped.

-Jesus as God forgives sin as shown in Luke 7:48 "Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." and Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven.". Only God has the power to forgive our sins.

-The Jews understood Jesus called himself God that's why they killed him
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by logicboy: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hey, visit my new thread, logic mind and jmoore grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/952935/religious-bigotry
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore:

Yes, you are right but you should note that this son of God is unique.

-Jesus was worshiped and deserves worship. Christians are not to be worshiped.

-Jesus as God forgives sin as shown in Luke 7:48 "Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." and Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven.". Only God has the power to forgive our sins.

-The Jews understood Jesus called himself God that's why they killed him

i am now confused.
let me use equations here because you seem confused as well
god = god
jesus = god
believers = god

but god is jesus but not believers.

if all of them equal god, all of them must be the same thing. If not then child of lion = snail.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by jmoore(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
Logic Mind:

i am now confused.
let me use equations here because you seem confused as well
god = god
jesus = god
believers = god

but god is jesus but not believers.

if all of them equal god, all of them must be the same thing. If not then child of lion = snail.

you are confused because you can't understand spiritual things.

Jesus is "the only begotten Son of God"
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by LogicMind: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
jmoore:

you are confused because you can't understand spiritual things.

Jesus is "the only begotten Son of God"

good.
i can see that your position has shifted ever so slightly.
Re: Who Is The Creator?? by italo: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ jmoore,

Save your reasoning for reasonable people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Epistle To The Hebrews - Have You Studied It? Let's Proved The Writer. / Mandela Is In Hell-fire? Well That’s What These “christians” Say | Read Why / Does This Mean That God Is Lossing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.