Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,671 members, 7,844,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Great Deal On Afribank Shares! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Great Deal On Afribank Shares! (1082 Views)

Afribank Shareholders Sue CBN Over Revocation Of Bank’s Licence / What Is My Fate As Afribank Shareholder? / Afribank Public Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by mycece: 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2007
Hello Nairalanders, I have up for sale up to 200 million units of Afribank Shares in the system @ N24.90 per share (all charges inclusive). Deal is open to local and foreign investors. If you are interested, send email to - smithunique@yahoo.co.uk or call 0802 376 3112. Tnx.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by dejia(m): 1:25am On Nov 19, 2007
Hi,
I am interested . but i need to know .is it there PO or secondary market? Do i get the shares in my CSCS account immediately? Will i be able to sell after there PO is offer?
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by mycece: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2007
Hello, this is not the Public Offer. It is the secondary market. Your CSCS Account would be credited immediately. Expecting to deal as soon as you are ready. Time is of the essence. You enjoy the advantage of selling off immediately the technical suspesion is lifted. The price before the suspension was placed was 30.49. You can also imagine the margin.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by walcolm(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2007
So why are you selling off if there's so much room for profit makiing?

why are you not making the profit for yourself?
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by mycece: 9:08am On Nov 19, 2007
Well that's a nice question. But you know this is a business for the big boys. If i have a property in Lekki selling for 50m and a profit margin of 2m to make, is it possible for me to buy the property and make the profit. Nope! You look for a big player that can deal and you earn your commission. That's how it works!!
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by damoche07(m): 9:09am On Nov 19, 2007
@Walcolm

Abi o.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by walcolm(m): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2007
@mycece

your story is that people can sell of immediately after release from TS and make a fast profit. if these stocks belong to you, y dont u want to realise that profit for yourself?

ur deal sounds too good to be true and thus smells fishy. it does not make a credible business sense to big boys. only hungry and greedy small time players who want to get rich quick will fall for this type of disconnected logic
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by mycece: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2007
Hey Walcom,

You are free up to the point of choice, then the choice controls the chooser. If you can't risk you can't grow! Stick to your thinking, no problem with it. But just as you are contemplating, someone just made a million bucks. Let the investor know the reason he or she is buying into a stock, long term or short term. One may be positioning him or herself for a board position in future and not looking at capital gain and willing to buy no matter the cost. The choice is yours. Your post, goodness you are a hard chap, kapish.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by SGN(m): 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2007
Mycece

My calculation says 200 million units @ 24.90 is 5bn Naira! With that kind of thing belonging to you, you get whatever deal you want for a loan if you walk into ANY BANK! Something don't smell good here.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by walcolm(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
Mycece,

pls, dont get me wrong. i'm not tryin to be hard on you but you have to agree that there are many unscrupulous people out there who have a lack mentality and believe the only way they can get ahead is to cheat and deceive other people out of their possesion. angry

you put a post on a public blog and you expect people to just fall for it, just like that? when a huge amount of money is involved?

you said someone just made a million bucks but u conveniently neglect to say who!!! maybe someone just lost a million bucks and you, made a million bucks undecided
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by danalyst(m): 8:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
Well. The information i got was that of CAUTION as regards Afribank shares. the rate at which the price appreciated was suspicious. i asked my broker if i could put in some pennies, but he reacted otherwise.

I tried to analyse the prospectus and the audited financial statement including the 5 year financial summary to know the facts behind the figures. I did and my CONCLUSION is PERSONAL. am therefore not surprised that mycece is planning to sell at a PRICE BELOW THE IPO PRICE.
Re: Great Deal On Afribank Shares! by mycece: 11:35am On Nov 20, 2007
Hello, just wanted to say that you guys are all getting it wrong! you don't have to buy 200m units! nope. i also agree that the price went high at a time. the same it was for First Bank. But if you are a long term investor, it's not a bad deal. Besides anyone coming in with that chunk is targeting a board position. but i appreciate your caution, it business rule no 2 - investigate before you act. Have a great day yaaaallllllllll

(1) (Reply)

Palm Kernel Nut Business / How To Get Back Your MMM 9ja GH / Free Telegram Altcoin Pump And Signal Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.