Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

Project Topics In Computer Science - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Project Topics In Computer Science (51867 Views)

Free Research Project/thesis Topics In Computer Science (PART 1) / Why Waste 4 Years On Computer Science In University? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Topics In Computer Science by yagzy: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2007
Please i am rounding up my BSC and i need some project topics on computer science, please post some for me, Tanx.  Particularly on java and linux, but anyone you can find please post it.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by kanirip: 6:50pm On Nov 20, 2007
I will try to be as blunt as possible and hence I have broken the topics into sub-categories
based on your capabilites:

If you are VERY GOOD:

1) Create a brand new programming language with similar semantics to Java the programming language
by executing Program code within a sandbox( Virtual Machine) and improves memory management and
speed issue found with the Java Programming language. You could also add the ability for your own VM to
target other languages

2) Create a functional robot using the LEjos ( Legos Java Operating System )to perform various
human like activities

3)Create a virtualised Java Operating System ( or at least Investigate into the requirements for creating one and
implement some features like file systems, file management and user accesss control)

If you JUST DEY THERE:

1) Create a Java Messaging Application, aimed at the Linux OS which uses an underlying C program to transmit messages between clients while relying on the Java front end to display messages and recieve input

2) Create a full blown School Management System , intact wit Student Registration and Payment Management, library Registration and Library Management System. The system must USE advanced features of Java such as RMI and CORBA

3) Create an AJAX web app using AJAX technologies to allow a user perform a 'direct' search from one web page to numerous search prviders such as Google and Yahoo!

If you JUST WAN PASS:

Write a school management program and add what you can.

Write a document management system which allows for scanning of images for both the Windows and Linux OS's

Write a Mobile Calculator that can be used on mobile phones and helps in currency conversion.

Hope this helps.

And No, I can't do most of it!

wink

Good Luck!

3 Likes

Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
I advise you go on topics you would understand well and that would solve real life problems. I developed a grading system for lecturers after i finished defending my project and when i deployed the application and offered it to my lecturers, they were impressed and most were wondering why i did not use it as my project. They really loved it and are using it now. Though, i developed it using VB.NET. If i want to title it, i will call it "the design and implementation of university grading system". There are other simple topics shaa but do what u can defend convincingly to fetch you an A.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
Other SIMPLE project i would suggest that you can do are as follows: The dsign and the implementation of ;
1. Farm management
2. Inventory system for a shop like pharmacy, supermarket, etc
3. Equipment maintenance database
4. Decision support for a financial institution
5. Course timetabling system for a university, a case study of your school

Thats all for now. If i remember any one, i will post it here. I you need idea on any of the topics, pls feel free to call.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by sweetpawn: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
VURN: I advise you go on topics you would understand well and that would solve real life problems. I developed a grading system for lecturers after i finished defending my project and when i deployed the application and offered it to my lecturers, they were impressed and most were wondering why i did not use it as my project. They really loved it and are using it now. Though, i developed it using VB.NET. If i want to title it, i will call it "the design and implementation of university grading system". There are other simple topics shaa but do what u can defend convincingly to fetch you an A.

I totally agree with that bolded portion of VURN's statement. Go for topics that you can understand thoroughly, this will help you to defend it well and choose problems that slove an actual problem in your environment, be it your school, like VURN did or your office or your community. This will earn you marks.

Online WAP Based Transportation Infomation System

This project attempts to tackle the problem of acqiring information from the various commercial transportation agencies availiable within a state.

It aims to provide this information via the WAP protocol of the GSM wireless network on mobile hand sets so as to achieve the objective of providing easily accessible transportation information to the general public.

Hotel Booking and Reservation System

This project deals with the provision of a Hotel Reservation System that allows businesses engaged in the area of hospitality in the country have an easily accessible online platform open to the general public where lodging can be booked and reservations made.

This projects aims to make use of the technologies provided by the internet to achieve its purpose with the aim of enhancing the services provided in the area of hospitality in the country.

Bookshop Point of Sales Ordering Solution

Many Book Shops in the country fail to take advantage of the benefit of the internet to expose their basic wares-books. This project seeks to address this problem. This will be achieved by providing the Book Shops with a web based outlet that will allow readers to search for the books available, read through and get information about the book like its author, publisher, price etc. The user will also be able to place orders for subsequent purchase of any book available to be bought. With the implementation of this project, it is hoped that of the number of objectives to be achieved, that of enhancing the reading culture of the youths in the country today by bringing the books closer to their reach via the internet, will be realized.

Vehicle Registration and Licensing System

The Country's Vehicle Regulation Body mandates that every year, all vehicles used in the country should be licensed. The current system of licensing a vehicle poses a number of problems which this project seeks to create a computerized system to automate the vehicle licensing and registration process.

Web Based Advert Booking System for T.V Stations

This project will study methods of improving the current system of advert booking currently practiced in the country today. By introducing a web based advert placing and booking system, an easily accessible platform for would-be advertisers to reach out to the television stations and have their wares, goods or services exposed to the general public.

Application Software Copyright Protection Solution

Many software developers have to tackle the issue of how to protect their software applications from unauthorized copying. Lots of revenue is lost annually due to the problem of lack of efficient software copyright protection. This project addresses this issue by seeking reliable methods for preventing software application piracy.

Mobile Phone Contacts Back-Up Solution

Today the impact of the mobile phone handset in our lives cannot be overstated. As a very viable means of communications it is an essential part of our daily lives as we can reach out to other individuals to achieve our various goals. It therefore becomes imperative that phone contacts are stored in a remote location which will be in synchronization with the contacts in the phone. Thus in the inevitable event of phone loss or damage, the contacts are not lost due to the existence of the backup contacts. This project seeks to study the implementation of a Mobile Phone Contacts Back-Up Solution to achieve this.

Online Job Recruitment Solution

Job searching is a common activity for young school leavers and job seekers. At the same time many employers are having vacant positions in their workplaces that need to be filled by competent employees. The problem thus becomes how to get the right job to the applicant or how to get the right applicant for the job. This project studies the implementation of a computerized solution that can be used to bring to both groups of individuals, the information that they seek on an easily accessible platform.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2012
What about computerized learning aid for primary school pupils
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2012
I think am begining to pick interest in the computerized learning aid. I think it will fetch some money.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 6:44am On Aug 08, 2012
There are two usefull topics,
1. The design and implementation of result compilation system for nigerian university lecturers using your school as a case of study.
2. The design and the implementation of academic records and CGPA management system, a case study of your department.

If you can do any of these for your school, they will appreciate you. If you need the ready made, you can call me.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2012
Window based hospital management system that would run on local area network of the hospital.
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by dangervu(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2012
Vurn....how are you doing today,i am interested in this to project topics....There are two usefull topics,
1. The design and implementation of result compilation system for nigerian university lecturers using your school as a case of study.
2. The design and the implementation of academic records and CGPA management system, a case study of your department.
i didnt get your number to call here...
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by Emalex02: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
pls cn you hlp me with any programm.g based project topic
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by izugreat: 12:06am On Mar 23, 2013
VURN: There are two usefull topics,

If you can do any of these for your school, they will appreciate you. If you need the ready made, you can call me.

I am interested in these topic, but i don`t have ur number
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2013
iCame up with a simple program-Electronic Billing & Invoicing System using VB.NET...jus like VURN said, twas sum'in iCuld easily defend & it fetched me d much desired A...
Re: Project Topics In Computer Science by VURN(m): 5:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
izugreat:

I am interested in these topic, but i don`t have ur number

my number is o7o3l5573o1

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr Akorede Kamil Teaches Coding On The Streets Of Ilorin / Game Development: Join The Team / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.